Official thread for discussing the unconfirmed bulllshit Clear Channel tour rumors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TAKIN WHISKEY
    Commando
    • Apr 2006

All we need is a statement from Ed or Dave, not fuckin melodicrock. Even if it's just, be patient everyone, we're workin on it. If VH was just any other band, then no statement needed, but the fact that they have dragged us all through the mud before, they owe it to us. We are their core fans.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by lztom
      http://www.melodicrock.com/

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

VAN HALEN TOUR POSTPONED:
      Yes, it is 100% true that the Van Halen 2007 tour has been indefinitely postponed. Details are a little thin on the ground and no one is talking on the record, but I did manage to talk to my contact who originally told me of the re-union plans in October last year.
      Despite what little has been said publicly so far, it seems there are issues beyond paperwork and contracts that need to be ironed out. Van Halen has always been a volatile mix of personalities and 2007 is no different. Basically those involved in this tour won't commit until all issues are dealt with, hence the postponement of current plans.
      I am told though, that this postponement should be just that - a temporary situation that can be sorted so that the dates that had been arranged can be re-booked and announced down the track somewhat.
      The line-up for this tour remains Eddie, Wofgang & Alex Van Halen and frontman David Lee Roth.

For the record - here is what Pollstar has posted regarding the news:
      "It's true. The Van Halen tour that was never officially announced is now officially postponed indefinitely, sources told Pollstar. The rumored tour took on an air of reality after a trade magazine announced that original singer David Lee Roth was about to sign on the dotted line, and that was soon followed by a press release via Eddie Van Halen's spokeswoman-slash-girlfriend. Unfortunately, the worldwide frenzy of a VH reunion was too good to be true, at least for the present day.
      However, there was a lot of paper getting inked and Pollstar understands that a tour announcement might not have been far off."

And this forwarded to me from a regular contact:
      "I work in radio and here's exactly what came across our "prep" service this morning from Premier Radio Network...
      We learned last night from a source close to the band that Van Halen's reunion tour with David Lee Roth has been "indefinitely postponed." While Eddie, Alex, Dave and Eddie's son Wolfgang (replacing bassist Michael Anthony) have been rehearsing, their plans are now up in the air. We were told that when Eddie's girlfriend (and spokesperson) announced the reunion on February 2nd, there was no signed deal between the band, Roth and tour promoter Live Nation.
      A Van Halen best-of highlighting the Roth years has also been scrapped by Rhino. A source at the label tells us they were unable to make a deal for the planned release.
      Regardless of all this drama, Van Halen will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in New York on March 12th.
      The last time Van Halen toured with David Lee Roth was in 1984. The last time Van Halen toured was in 2004 with Sammy Hagar.
      We were unable to reach representatives for the Van Halen brothers last night. Roth's spokeswoman declined to comment."
      Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
        The Fact that a new VH photo is in Rolling Stone next issue (and probably the cover) should be proof positive there is a signed, sealed and delivered contract.

Do you really think Rolling Stone is gonna feature the band without seeing a contract? Rolling Stone lawyers would have required this from VH lawyers.

You don't just show up at Rolling Stone and say "guys, we're back so take our photo"
        www.rollingstone.com now says fall out boy is the next cover, and the Van Halen picture and the Dave interview are gone
        USE YOUR HEADS!!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

I just got off the phone with Ed. He said the tour was a go. It will be sponsored by Fender Guitars , Marlboro and Smoking Loon.

He added that they rehearse every day from 8-9 pm and tommorrow Dave is taking him out to treat him to a new pair of shoes.

He then proceded to cough twice then vomit thus ending our conversation.....
          Last edited by Diamondjimi; 02-20-2007, 08:58 PM.
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

You're the dumbass. When you have made it in the world of business as I have, then voice your opinion. Until then, SHUT THE FUCK UP.
            I love when people try to bring their credentials in to win a fucking argument on a message board.

There is NO WAY Rolling Stone is gonna just start snapping photos for the magazine without a verification the band is back as a band.
            LMFAO!! Magazines don't care if something is definite. They only care if there is a story. Do you think if the band offered to talk to them about a reunion, they would say, "Prove to us this won't fall apart?"

Get your head out of your ass.

You're an idiot to think otherwise. Now, there could have been a falling out since, but there WAS a contract. Fucking period.
            There was no contract if this rumor is true. Do you think this fell apart because Alex spilled his Cocoa Puffs on Dave? Or do you think it was about...hmm...money? Logistics?

Idiot.
            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Melodicrock
              Details are a little thin on the ground and no one is talking on the record, but I did manage to talk to my contact who originally told me of the re-union plans in October last year.
              LMAO.

I wonder if this same contact confirmed Rikk's EVH interview story?

Maybe the contact IS Rikk??? :eek:
              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by David Lee Rocks
                www.Rollingstone.com says fall out boy is the next cover and the Van Halen pic and Dave interview are gone

Comment

• lztom
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2004

A couple of supplementals from Andrew of Melodic Rock for those that don't frequent the Links:

"I wish I could spill it all, but I don't want to burn bridges. Update online now. Hope it makes sense.

Basically, this isn't a dead end, but some things have be put in order for it to be given the green light again. No one with $$$ behind this wants a train wreck (so to speak)...

Cheers,
                  Andrew."

And

"
                  Yeah, I expect I'll get that response. I couldn't say much, believe me.

Let's just say that the "issues" are perhaps not between who we might automatically presume them to be."

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Music, Film, TV and Political News Coverage

Fall out Boy on the next cover, and no more VH pic.....

Gee, I guess Baby's a Liar really knows his shit. LMMFAO
                    Originally posted by Kristy
                    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                    Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

although I listen to the radio all day and I heard nothin about this, only when i got online here and at the links did i hear about this rumor

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2006

I want to here it from Dave or Ed. WTF?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

You're the dumbass. When you have made it in the world of business as I have, then voice your opinion. Until then, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

There is NO WAY Rolling Stone is gonna just start snapping photos for the magazine without a verification the band is back as a band.

You're an idiot to think otherwise. Now, there could have been a falling out since, but there WAS a contract. Fucking period.
                          Listen dumbass....it has happened before that RS has run stories like this only to have it blow up.

Since you obviously don't have a clue, YOU shut the fuck up!

Comment

• katie
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Nov 2004

I reckon they are just playing a psychological game at the moment to keep the media spotlight on them till RRHOF speach.

1 - Announce reunion etc = Everyone happy

2 - Announce cancelation = Everybody let down etc

3 - At RRHOF The whole of the rock world is looking on as they appear altogether & announce on stage that yes they *are* touring
                            = We are now REALLY happy again

4 - Maybe higher tcketprices.......(time to bitch again)

Summing up i just think this is a complete bullshit ploy to put VH fans on an emotional rollercoaster till the *thru the roof* tickets are on sale.

So then we think '2007 might be the only time that you would be able can to see then live ever again'................. TRUE!

Katie

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                              LMAO.

I wonder if this same contact confirmed Rikk's EVH interview story?

Maybe the contact IS Rikk??? :eek:
                              It's true. I invented all of today's news.
                              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                                Do you think this fell apart because Alex spilled his Cocoa Puffs on Dave?
                                It is my understanding that Alex is a Crunch Berries kinda guy.
                                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

Working...