Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radiotalker
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jan 2007

Does anyone see the irony in DLR demanding to do Jump, when he didn't even want the song made in the first place?

Just sayin....

A sad "climax" for the best band of our generation. They had a chance to get up there and show the elitists what true rock and roll is about and they failed.

They MUST get back together in some form, because this cannot be the lasting memory their fans have forever.

Comment

• jgdrag
      Sniper
      • Jul 2005

Hey tool, did spammy suck or what. What a joke his so called singing was. No wonder Edward gave him the boot along with bass player.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

You know, I love Dave and all, but the fault clearly lies with Dave, Ed, and Al.

Ed could have waited a week, and if it's true he really needed to go to rehab now(and a good thing he should, except why not the last few years when doing nothing?), then Alex, and Dave, with Wolf along for the ride, should have shown up to the show.

At least Sammy admitted he didn't have to be inducted by the HOF.

Comment

• fe_lung
          Sniper
          • Mar 2004

I loved Michael Stipes comment - "Van Halen made great music in the EARLY 80's"

I also thought the finale was pretty amusing. No one would share a mic with Hagar. He tried to talk to Stipe at the beginning but Michael ignored him. At one point he manages to bump into Patti Smith and grabs on to her for dear life. Otherwise, noone goes near him.

When the song is done and everyones hugging and whatnot - Hagar stands alone as though he just cut the largest fart in history. Nobody talks to him, nobody shakes his hand - nothing! He lunges at Steven Stills who awkwardly shake his hand then walks away. It's pretty clear than no-one in attendance respected that clown.

And wasn't that backstage interview cringeworthy! Mike's "I'm ready for anything - ya never know" - Right - you'll never get within the same zip code as Van Halen again and you know it, fucknuts!
          "Maybe we'll get our friend back" - How self serving is that? How about "maybe a kid will get his dad back" or "Maybe Ed will get his life and happiness back". It' ain't all about you, cocksucker!

On a non-VH note, though I'm not horribly surprised, I found it amusing that the Ronnettes completely omitted Phil Spector. I know Ronnie has a really bad history there, but come on. At least say "Phil was great to us in the beginning"

Comment

• bastardog
            Commando
            • Feb 2004

We will have to wait to see if Dave as a solo artist is inducted in some years.....to at least hear a good song with Vai instead
            What a crap VH became
            Bastardog

Comment

• Pip-VH-Lifer
              Full On Cocktard
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
              You know, I love Dave and all, but the fault clearly lies with Dave, Ed, and Al.

Ed could have waited a week, and if it's true he really needed to go to rehab now(and a good thing he should, except why not the last few years when doing nothing?), then Alex, and Dave, with Wolf along for the ride, should have shown up to the show.

At least Sammy admitted he didn't have to be inducted by the HOF.
              You get us really back to the point I guess. The real blame for this turning into a debacle lies with the dysfunctional fuck Eddie, and his clueless, yes man, of a brother. I hate to pile on my former hero, I still believe deep down the guy is a decent guy. But man he's fucked up. It coulda been a real cool night, but unfortunately Eddie doesn't have a clue as to how to pull that off.

I guess a classic case of a guy being told how great he is for so long, just fucking ruined him. I dunno.

Comment

• Mt. Krakalak
                Roadie
                • Apr 2006

There's so many posts in this thread that I can't keep track of all of them, so pardon if this has been asked. Knowing they would be inducted and not attend, why the hell couldn't Ed, Al, and Dave for that matter pick up a pen and think up a "thank you to all our fans, sorry we couldn't be here" letter? They couldn't muster enough appreciation to make that bare minimal effort? Makes me think this HOF crap really WAS yet another of many kicks to the groin that VH fans have had to put up.

Perhaps VH is trying to tell their fans that they should let go. Just enjoy what they gave us on the first 6 and let the memories endure. We have too many expectations of these guys and it looks like they just don't have it in them to deliver goods anymore. The pressure has got to unbearable. No surprise Ed is such a fuckin' mess.
                http://joemonahansnewmexico.blogspot.com/drama.jpghttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...y/bullshit.jpg

Comment

• Pip-VH-Lifer
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by fe_lung
                  I loved Michael Stipes comment - "Van Halen made great music in the EARLY 80's"

I also thought the finale was pretty amusing. No one would share a mic with Hagar. He tried to talk to Stipe at the beginning but Michael ignored him. At one point he manages to bump into Patti Smith and grabs on to her for dear life. Otherwise, noone goes near him.

When the song is done and everyones hugging and whatnot - Hagar stands alone as though he just cut the largest fart in history. Nobody talks to him, nobody shakes his hand - nothing! He lunges at Steven Stills who awkwardly shake his hand then walks away. It's pretty clear than no-one in attendance respected that clown.

And wasn't that backstage interview cringeworthy! Mike's "I'm ready for anything - ya never know" - Right - you'll never get within the same zip code as Van Halen again and you know it, fucknuts!
                  "Maybe we'll get our friend back" - How self serving is that? How about "maybe a kid will get his dad back" or "Maybe Ed will get his life and happiness back". It' ain't all about you, cocksucker!

On a non-VH note, though I'm not horribly surprised, I found it amusing that the Ronnettes completely omitted Phil Spector. I know Ronnie has a really bad history there, but come on. At least say "Phil was great to us in the beginning"
                  I hear ya. I had finally turned the show off and missed the finale, that sounds pretty bad. Yeah the only entertaining thing about the whole night, I thought was the Ronettes performance with the Schaeffer band. I thought the band did a great job re-creating the "wall of sound", and the goofy old broad sang pretty well.

Comment

• Lqskdiver
                    Sniper
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fe_lung

Isn't Phil on the lamb right now and currently residing in another countRy awaiting extradition charges?
                    Last edited by Lqskdiver; 03-13-2007, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• if6was9
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Mar 2007

After reading all these posts, one thing is sure. Suddenly all of us think that Mike is in the enemy camp. Couple of weeks ago almost everyone (including me) was against Wolfgang. "It's not the real Reunion without Mike" etc. And after yesterday's show we are eager to accept ANY form of Eddie/Roth come-back. Even without Alex.

Maybe this was the goal?
                      Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• Pip-VH-Lifer
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Mt. Krakalak
                        There's so many posts in this thread that I can't keep track of all of them, so pardon if this has been asked. Knowing they would be inducted and not attend, why the hell couldn't Ed, Al, and Dave for that matter pick up a pen and think up a "thank you to all our fans, sorry we couldn't be here" letter? They couldn't muster enough appreciation to make that bare minimal effort? Makes me think this HOF crap really WAS yet another of many kicks to the groin that VH fans have had to put up.

Perhaps VH is trying to tell their fans that they should let go. Just enjoy what they gave us on the first 6 and let the memories endure. We have too many expectations of these guys and it looks like they just don't have it in them to deliver goods anymore. The pressure has got to unbearable. No surprise Ed is such a fuckin' mess.
                        I agree with all of that. Including the letter thing. I just don't understand it. Like the Internet here and these message boards, it's easier than ever to communicate with your fans, and they have always refused. Obviously they can't respond to every little thing, but jeez a little effort to communicate?! Like you said, maybe they want us to just let go. Ed's given off that vibe for a long time now.

Comment

• BottomLine65
                          Roadie
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                          You are a worthless homo asslicker. Go suck a dead dog's dick. You know you love it, dicklicker.
                          agreed

Comment

• if6was9
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Pip-VH-Lifer
                            Like you said, maybe they want us to just let go. Ed's given off that vibe for a long time now.
                            In this case they wouldn't have announced the Reunion tour. It HAS to be something else - maybe definitive getting rid of Mike (on Dave's demand)?
                            Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• Pip-VH-Lifer
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by if6was9
                              In this case they wouldn't have announced the Reunion tour. It HAS to be something else - maybe definitive getting rid of Mike (on Dave's demand)?
                              Even with the Reunion thing out there. Eddie still didn't really seem to be all that enthusiastic about it. Judging by their recent "there's more than one singer out there" comments. I wasn't sure if that was a negotiating stance being taken, or true indifference.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                                UHuHU UH huHhu HUhu HU hu HU huHU h uHU uhhu

I actually have no problem with it after the fact.....

Spam? He's gonna take ANY opportunity to make Hay for himself on VAN HALEN's dime.....

MICHAEL ANTHONY? It's his day in the Sun....he's not even in the band...more power to him...after hearing him speak...I still have little problem with him.....

DAVE?

NO ED

NO AL

NO DAVE.........

The core of the band ditched out....they'll have their day in the Sun.....

DAVE made the right choice....he wanted no part of this farce.....

BRAVO

Everybody who witnessed that trainwrek KNEW VAN HALEN was not present............
                                Amen brother, Amen.

NOW THAT was a fucking TRAINWRECK!!

Good thing Ed, Al, and Dave didn't show up.

Fuck the whole HALL shit.

Van HALEN was always "for the people" -- and played for the people, NOT for a bunch of music industry fuckos!

The truth is on the six pack and the sold out tours and the million-plus selling albums!

Glad to see that CVH was nowhere near this crap.

EVERYONE knew that Sammy and Sauce Boy AINT VAN HALEN!

Kudos to the dude who shouted that out to those two fat fuckers.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...