X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pip-VH-Lifer
    Full On Cocktard
    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

Kudos to the dude who shouted that out to those two fat fuckers.
    He was actually shouting it at Velvet Revolver as they left the stage, but yeah, kudos to him.

Comment

• fe_lung
      Sniper
      • Mar 2004

Velvet Revolver needs to be executed for this fiasco as well. How disrespectful was that shit?

They should have had Rollins induct the band - read a prepared statement from the VH camp then just showed some footage. If you want to respect both eras, fine - play one live classic VH clip and one clip from live without a clue. Sure, the audience in a little underwhelmed, but at least they don't go home lamenting the sad trainwreck that we saw last night.

Also, I gotta disagree with the notion that Ed should have held of going to rehab for a week. When somebody with a problem finally says "I need help" you absolutley can't say "great, wait a couple weeks and we'll get it done". If you do, you've lost your window and they're probably no longer willing to get help.

Comment

• jgdrag
        Sniper
        • Jul 2005

Amen brother, Amen.

NOW THAT was a fucking TRAINWRECK!!

Good thing Ed, Al, and Dave didn't show up.

Fuck the whole HALL shit.

Van HALEN was always "for the people" -- and played for the people, NOT for a bunch of music industry fuckos!

The truth is on the six pack and the sold out tours and the million-plus selling albums!

Glad to see that CVH was nowhere near this crap.

EVERYONE knew that Sammy and Sauce Boy AINT VAN HALEN!

Kudos to the dude who shouted that out to those two fat fuckers.
        And kudos to you and Matt for seeing what this whole thing was about!

Comment

• Pip-VH-Lifer
          Full On Cocktard
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by fe_lung

Also, I gotta disagree with the notion that Ed should have held of going to rehab for a week. When somebody with a problem finally says "I need help" you absolutley can't say "great, wait a couple weeks and we'll get it done". If you do, you've lost your window and they're probably no longer willing to get help.
          Good point I suppose.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by thetoolrules
            the same guy who has, out of desperate pathetic craving of the limelight, has shown up on tv doing bluegrass covers and has played at every hotdog/hamburger festival on roadside truckstops, will now, out of principle, not attend an event that honours his greatness? what a load of shit!! dave must be afraid to share the stage with sammy hagar. what else could it possibly be? threats from the vh bros? lil wolfie gonna put a beatin on ole dave?
            Ok, I ain't gonna slam you.

I don't know why Dave didn't turn up, but it certainly wan't fear of Spam's vocals, he showed last night that he can't sing.

I wish we knew why Dave wasn't there, I'd like to think that there was more substance to it than Velvet Revolver not being prepared to perform Jump....
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

We can all blame Velvet Revolver and The Other Half until we are blue in the face...

Yes it was a fiasco, an insult, a farce....

But if CVH had gotten their shit together and turned up it wouldn't have been; Jeezus, if Dave had gotten up and done Jump with the house band it wouldn't have been; even if Dave had turned up to collect the award and give a speech then it could have been vastly improved.

Quit blaming everyone else: they were offered a chance to perform and fucked it up, just like they've fucked up a lot of things in the past 22 years.

If the VH induction was a farce, it was because right now VH IS a farce.

Comment

• fe_lung
                Sniper
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                We can all blame Velvet Revolver and The Other Half until we are blue in the face...

Yes it was a fiasco, an insult, a farce....

But if CVH had gotten their shit together and turned up it wouldn't have been; Jeezus, if Dave had gotten up and done Jump with the house band it wouldn't have been; even if Dave had turned up to collect the award and give a speech then it could have been vastly improved.

Quit blaming everyone else: they were offered a chance to perform and fucked it up, just like they've fucked up a lot of things in the past 22 years.

If the VH induction was a farce, it was because right now VH IS a farce.
                If Dave had shown up all the naysayers would have joined in a chours of "There's Roth the egomanic, taking all the glory for himself again" I think he was right not to come since noone else was going to show up. It SHOULD have been Dave and Al at least there, with Sam and Mike shouting things from way back at table 135. That would have been the right call.

And I don't but this "Dave wanted to play Jump" thing for a second. That's the hall covering up for what was more likely a "We do this right or we don't do it at all" stance from Dave.

Comment

• VanHalener
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I am still feeling sick to my stomach. Somebody get me a doctor!
                  I imagine the Wonder Twins and Dave are not feeling so great today. I hope it pisses them off and the REAL VAN HALEN emerges from this shit storm.
                  ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by fe_lung
                    If Dave had shown up all the naysayers would have joined in a chours of "There's Roth the egomanic, taking all the glory for himself again" I think he was right not to come since noone else was going to show up. It SHOULD have been Dave and Al at least there, with Sam and Mike shouting things from way back at table 135. That would have been the right call.

And I don't but this "Dave wanted to play Jump" thing for a second. That's the hall covering up for what was more likely a "We do this right or we don't do it at all" stance from Dave.
                    With Ed in rehab, I really don't think that people would have critisced Dave for showing up to except and award he deserved: but even if they did, who cares? This would have been a great opportunity to honour the fans; and to celebrate and represent CVH to the wider world.

As for the "Dave wanted to do Jump" being the Hall's defence: Scot Weiland has said that was the case, not the Hall of Fame.

I think I posted the article where Weiland said that on page 7 of this thread (there are so many threads about this I'm confused)

Not getting at you brother, just stating my opinion...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Not sure why this whole Hall thing is SOOO important to everyone.

CVH Made their mark -- the truth lies in the music and its ONGOING popularity (not to mention album sales).

Who gives a flying fuck about some lame-ass recognition into some Hall.

Sure, I think Dave should've just accepted the honor, took that stupid trophy and left the building.

But he didn't. So, let's move on. Maybe it was right or wrong -- we've yet to get the whole story from Dave.

Van HALEN wasn't there. The Other Fat-Half was.

Sammy Hagar is the biggest cocksucking bitch OF ALL TIME. What a fuckwad. Here he is, accepting this honor of a band that he didn't even co-found.

Fucking ass.

That's what makes this whole Hall of Fame lame.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• fe_lung
                        Sniper
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by binnie

I think I posted the article where Weiland said that on page 7 of this thread (there are so many threads about this I'm confused)

Not getting at you brother, just stating my opinion...
                        My bad, then. Still, I don't think the song had anything to do with it, though.

You're opinions always carry some weight with me, man. Cheers!

Comment

• HuckFinn
                          Groupie
                          • Jan 2004

OPEN LETTER

March 13, 2007

To Whom This May Interest:

I would like to go on record with the following: Eddie & Dave did it. I was a victim of this deception. If I am guilty of anything, I'm guilty of denial. I wanted to believe it just as much as anyone else.

Fuck You Ed & Dave,

HuckFinn
                          Last edited by HuckFinn; 03-13-2007, 12:27 PM.
                          "Sammy Hagar is treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."

Comment

• Binky
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2007

Oh great, something else to go wrong this year. Lalalala! I mean "Guns and Roses" reforming was less painful than this!

I'm glad Dave, Ed and Alex didn't go. Maybe Dave and perhaps the rest thought along the same lines as the Sex Pistols and it would be nicer on the brain if they didn't go. I would rather have them not there than looking like twats arguing and punching each other. But then again, it would have been funny seeing Spammy squeal like a baby. I didn't see it of course and even if I could I wouldn't want to but from what y' all said, oh dear me. I'm well sad now, I was hoping for an ace reunion this year and what do I get? I'd give you the list but it's not relevant here. At least I'm seeing Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy, Styx and going to Graspop. At least me other favourite bands are still worthy. *^_^* \m/

Look what you done, VH, you made Binky sad. And when Binky gets sad, Binky gets annoyed. And when Binky gets annoyed, she kills people.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                              I waited years and years to see Van Halen get up on that god-damned stage.

I'll give Ed a fucking pass, being the drunk ass that he is, but not his brother and not Dave.

The more I digest this crap the more I say there's nothing noble about Dave's absense. He let this shit happen on his watch, on his night and his stage!!

Forget the pissy little which song/band issues. If he can get up and cheese it out with the Boston Pops, he could have gotten up there with Paul Schaffer and band... done no worse!!

It's about the honor of the induction not the 3 minutes performance... VR dissed the band on their induction talk. Fuck!! Keith Richards carried a more coherant speech than those oxygen theives.

It's a disgrace because DLR let it be... I think he's gonna regret not taking a part of this.
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Not sure why this whole Hall thing is SOOO important to everyone.

CVH Made their mark -- the truth lies in the music and its ONGOING popularity (not to mention album sales).

Who gives a flying fuck about some lame-ass recognition into some Hall.

To me it's not about the HOF... It's about a reconizable mark in history. People don't play baseball to get into the hall of fame nor do musicians... but to be recognized historically with the top performers and inovators of rock music isn't trivial.

It means you made a mark on the world and now it's not just a piece of folk history passed down. It's formalized and acknowledged by the industry forever.

Maybe it doesn't mean much... but as a guitar player if I were recognized among Jimi, Carlos, Jeff, Jimmie, Eric, Chuck, BB, etc and now EVH... pretty nice company I figure. At minimum an honor, no matter what I thought of it.
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...