X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    It's a disgrace because DLR let it be... I think he's gonna regret not taking a part of this.
    I don't think so. If it was all important to him, he would've been there regardless.

I think we are making this out to be more than what it was.

The Hall is a farce. The ceremony had NOTHING to do with the fans. The fact that Van HAGAR was honored as well shows just how fucked up the whole Hall of Fame thing is.

And just what is it?? Some lame ass recognition?? I think CVH have already been immortalized. The truth is in the music, the shows, the album sales.

While I think Dave should've attended anyhow -- he did not. So we move on.

Let us hope that Van HALEN will perform in front of the people who matter the most -- THE FANS -- not in front of music industry types who could care less about VH music.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• jgdrag
      Sniper
      • Jul 2005

Thank-you VV

Comment

• Pip-VH-Lifer
        Full On Cocktard
        • Jan 2006

Dave already said it was tearing his heart out to miss the ceremony. But I also believe there was more to it than the song issue. He knew it wasn't coming together the way he envisioned or in a way that he would be proud of, and he bowed out. I actually think it was almost a classy move on his part.

I still believe it also had something to do with trying to avoid ruffling any more feathers with the Van Halens.

Comment

• Pip-VH-Lifer
          Full On Cocktard
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

Let us hope that Van HALEN will perform in front of the people who matter the most -- THE FANS -- not in front of music industry types who could care less about VH music.
          I agree with that, and I think Dave does too.

Comment

• Mt. Krakalak
            Roadie
            • Apr 2006

Does anyone else think the Atomic Punks would have been a great stand in for VH? I think they should have been chosen to accept and perform on behalf of Ed, Al, Dave, and Mike. I'm pretty sure they would have actually wanted to be there to perform live, unlike Velvet Revolver. AP would have been respectful and respected because of their authenticity and ability represent the real Van Halen. They would have BROUGHT THE FUCKING PARTY and nailed ANY CVH tune beautifully. They certainly have the ability to do so. Unlike VR. Nobody would have been a more appropriate and qualified choice than the APs. VR couldn't have been a more embarrassing fuck off. It could have been a fun, interesting, dignified event with AP as the grand finale. I could picture that whole audience FINALLY coming out of their 3 hour stupor, getting on their feet and singing right along complete with big shit eating grins once the Punks took stage. Think of how incredible it could have been!

Fuck you, Velvet Revolver.
            http://joemonahansnewmexico.blogspot.com/drama.jpghttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...y/bullshit.jpg

Comment

• Pip-VH-Lifer
              Full On Cocktard
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Mt. Krakalak
              Does anyone else think the Atomic Punks would have been a great stand in for VH? I think they should have been chosen to accept and perform on behalf of Ed, Al, Dave, and Mike. I'm pretty sure they would have actually wanted to be there to perform live, unlike Velvet Revolver. AP would have been respectful and respected because of their authenticity and ability represent the real Van Halen. They would have BROUGHT THE FUCKING PARTY and nailed ANY CVH tune beautifully. They certainly have the ability to do so. Unlike VR. Nobody would have been a more appropriate and qualified choice than the APs. VR couldn't have been a more embarrassing fuck off. It could have been a fun, interesting, dignified event with AP as the grand finale. I could picture that whole audience FINALLY coming out of their 3 hour stupor, getting on their feet and singing right along complete with big shit eating grins once the Punks took stage. Think of how incredible it could have been!

Fuck you, Velvet Revolver.
              Absolutely, I think that coulda been good!

VR & Spam w/ singing Why Can't I be Deaf (LMAO @ whoever came up w/ that) was a complete and utter disaster!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                "Janie's Cryin'" or "You Really Got Me," and he was adamant that wasn't okay."
                Well the song is called Jamie's Crying

Publicity girl is named Janie.

Coincidence?

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  Hell, they could have just lip-synced to it, and it would have been more entertaining.

Famous bands have been known to do that once in a while......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L1BAqpJJHg0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L1BAqpJJHg0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                  LMAO
                  I forgot about that one, but it's priceless.
                  Sad to see Brian Jones though, he always brought so much to the table in the studio with all the instruments he played.
                  That said it would have still been cool to see Mick Taylor take a couple of solos during the Stones/ Circus version of Sympathy.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

I think we are making this out to be more than what it was.

It's what we're here for Vin.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                      I dunno...I just don't see this HoF as such a big deal.
                      It's about as big a deal as the Star System... fame is just individuals' mindset and opinions.
                      Listen to what you like; that's what matters.
                      sigpic

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

The more I digest this crap the more I say there's nothing noble about Dave's absense. He let this shit happen on his watch, on his night and his stage!!

Forget the pissy little which song/band issues. If he can get up and cheese it out with the Boston Pops, he could have gotten up there with Paul Schaffer and band... done no worse!!

It's about the honor of the induction not the 3 minutes performance... VR dissed the band on their induction talk. Fuck!! Keith Richards carried a more coherant speech than those oxygen theives.

It's a disgrace because DLR let it be... I think he's gonna regret not taking a part of this.

The Ronnettes, REM, and Patti Smith(these are the only ones I saw) ALL received respectful, honest, and even heartfelt inductions. Zak's and Eddie's speeches were great.

Velvet Revolver's "induction" was a fucking joke and theri disresect of VH throug hthe induction and their performance was a complete slap in the face to the band and the fans.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

To me it's not about the HOF... It's about a reconizable mark in history. People don't play baseball to get into the hall of fame nor do musicians... but to be recognized historically with the top performers and inovators of rock music isn't trivial.

It means you made a mark on the world and now it's not just a piece of folk history passed down. It's formalized and acknowledged by the industry forever.

Maybe it doesn't mean much... but as a guitar player if I were recognized among Jimi, Carlos, Jeff, Jimmie, Eric, Chuck, BB, etc and now EVH... pretty nice company I figure. At minimum an honor, no matter what I thought of it.

Bingo!

Remember kids it's not about RRHOF the "establishment", but their mark in Rock n Roll history and even music in general, and as has been said, the acknowledgement.

It's all about the self so much, but something bigger actually.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
                            The Ronnettes, REM, and Patti Smith(these are the only ones I saw) ALL received respectful, honest, and even heartfelt inductions. Zak's and Eddie's speeches were great.

Velvet Revolver's "induction" was a fucking joke and theri disresect of VH throug hthe induction and their performance was a complete slap in the face to the band and the fans.
                            While I still think Dave should've attended, as it turned out maybe it was best that he wasn't there.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Ellyllions
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2006

It would've turned out completely different had Dave shown up.

End of story.
                              "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
                                Bingo!

Remember kids it's not about RRHOF the "establishment", but their mark in Rock n Roll history and even music in general, and as has been said, the acknowledgement.

It's all about the self so much, but something bigger actually.
                                I don't think its as big of an establishment as stated.

And why has it always been criticized?? The whole Hall of Fame for Rock n Roll is not without its faults.

CVH have already made their mark on Rock n Roll history and music in general.

Sorry, they never needed some lame-ass "establishment" to recognize that.

They are recognized everytime a tune gets played on the radio, on TV, in a movie and at barbecues.

So, while it was "nice" that they got the nod, its not so much of a big deal as its made out to be.

And I'm saying that IN SPITE OF thinking that Dave should've still attended.

He didn't. Doesn't mean CVH music is anything less regarded because of it.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...