X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions
    It would've turned out completely different had Dave shown up.

End of story.
    I believe that.

Sammy would've been so uncomfortable and would've been reduced to the little shit that he is.

I think another reason Dave didn't show was partly because of Hagar.

Its possible the Hall couldn't (or didn't) deal with the logistics of TWO singers for VH, so Dave became the odd guy out because he didn't want to share ANY stage with McFagar.

Who could blame him?
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Ellyllions
      Veteran
      • Mar 2006

So he cut off his nose to spite his face?

Honestly, would you give up that chance because of someone else? Does Hagar really have that much control ove Dave? I mean really. They're grown men acting like Paris Hilton, and Nicole Richie.

God forbid Sam and Dave end up somewhere wearing the same shirt at the same time. Somebody would be losing some weave.

It's ridiculous. Fucking Man-up or get back in the shadows...ya know?
      "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

So he cut off his nose to spite his face?

Honestly, would you give up that chance because of someone else? Does Hagar really have that much control ove Dave? I mean really. They're grown men acting like Paris Hilton, and Nicole Richie.

God forbid Sam and Dave end up somewhere wearing the same shirt at the same time. Somebody would be losing some weave.

It's ridiculous. Fucking Man-up or get back in the shadows...ya know?
        I was just speculating about the Hagar bit being partly the reason for Dave's absence.

Probably not true, but I gave it a shot.

However, its no secret Dave didn't want to 'share the stage' as in playing a duet with Sam. However, he did state that "he can do his own thing."

So maybe the Hall didn't have enough time (as they saw it) for a Velvet Revolver performance in addition to separate Dave AND Sambo performances.

And Dave was the odd guy out. Thus may be the reasoning behind Dave saying he wasn't allowed to perform.

I'm sure Dave will shed some more light on this thing.

FACTS are that Dave, Ed and Al no-showed.

And it was a disgraceful induction courtesy of those faggots in VR.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

I'm betting DAVE didn't attend to try and preserve the fragile mental stability of one SPeddie von Halen.............

That....or he had a really good poker game lined up

Comment

• Ellyllions
            Veteran
            • Mar 2006

Dave didn't come.

He had the chance to lead Velvet Revolver and because it had to be his song choice he refused to attend.

He fucked up.
            "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• GreenBayLA
              Sniper
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by if6was9
              And after yesterday's show we are eager to accept ANY form of Eddie/Roth come-back. Even without Alex.

Maybe this was the goal?
              Clearly ther was NO forethought, NO plan whatsoever from the Van Halens. They have been doing things bass ackwards for years. They think they can take a dump and their fans will eat it up.

I'm equally pissed about Diva Lee Roth's no show. I'm starting to see why the previous reunion attempts never happened. EGO all 'round.
              "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                Sniper
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

So maybe the Hall didn't have enough time (as they saw it) for a Velvet Revolver performance in addition to separate Dave AND Sambo performances.
                But they had enough time to play 4 or 5 "Classic" performances on tape. Dumb move that seems to indicate a lack of trust in 2007 talent to entertain. Or maybe an attempt to fill out four L O N G hours. I hate award shows! They bring out the worst in people.
                "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• thetoolrules
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2006

Somebody please ban me again!
                  Last edited by FORD; 03-13-2007, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GreenBayLA
                    But they had enough time to play 4 or 5 "Classic" performances on tape. Dumb move that seems to indicate a lack of trust in 2007 talent to entertain. Or maybe an attempt to fill out four L O N G hours. I hate award shows! They bring out the worst in people.
                    The "classic" performances were to fill time while the roadies set up the stage for the next live act. That's probably the case every year, you just don't see it on the edited VH-1 broadcast.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                      I don't think so. If it was all important to him, he would've been there regardless.

I think we are making this out to be more than what it was.

The Hall is a farce. The ceremony had NOTHING to do with the fans. The fact that Van HAGAR was honored as well shows just how fucked up the whole Hall of Fame thing is.

And just what is it?? Some lame ass recognition?? I think CVH have already been immortalized. The truth is in the music, the shows, the album sales.

While I think Dave should've attended anyhow -- he did not. So we move on.

Let us hope that Van HALEN will perform in front of the people who matter the most -- THE FANS -- not in front of music industry types who could care less about VH music.
                      He should have been at the HoF ceremony FOR the fans who are spending four fucking hours waiting for their induction through boring speeches, not to mention the four fucking years since they've been eligible to see their favorite band get their due in front of the critics and the industry types, the ones who shunned Van Halen back in their glory days.

Dave should have fucking shown up.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I can see both sides of it, there is a part of me that wishes he would've shown, but I've been bashing the HOF for so long I have to stick w my FUCK THE RRHOF stance....

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

I actually think this is a worse mistake by Dave than leaving Van Halen back in 1985. That's how much it irritates me.

Comment

• mountain1965
                            Roth Army Recruit
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by hitch1969©
                            when the server allows... i am going to expound in my displeasure.

holy shit... all these years... FOR THIS?

goddammit, shut this fucking site down. FUCK all these goddamned clowns. FUCK giving them anymore money.

so fucking 1st wife regretful

fuck

fuck

fuck

=h=
                            You hit the fuckin nail on the head

Comment

• Redballjets88
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

after what i saw last night i was truly sick. my family was like "whats wrong" and all i could say was "its bullshit". Whoever thinks scott weiland can sing is a retard, and slash fucking sucks bc he cant even play the beginning of ATBL which is pretty much standard for any guitar player to learn. Spammy and Mike sucked ass and schaeffer is a joke. At first i wished dave would have been there, but after seeing what happened im glad he wasnt i wouldnt want dave to have been any part of that shit. and him not going was goodm b/c Mike and Spam arent even members of van halen right now and they get the trophey whats that about.

the only good parts of it all were when slash fucked up and my 12 year old sister says "he sucks" then 10 minutes later during the mike and spam song she says "how did people ever like this guy more than david lee roth?"

at least i know i have taught her well
                              R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

It would've turned out completely different had Dave shown up.

No way...

It still would have sucked...

And Dave gave his reasons for not going prior to the event...

Comment

Working...