X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hitch1969©
    Sniper
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by 6 is 9
    i noticed that too. when they did their press thing after they got the trophies, i also heard the press yelling ROTH! ha ha ha. how would it be to go into the press room and the questions had nothing to do with neither mike anthony nor sammy? it was dave this and eddie that. sammy hagar aty least acted humbly as if he knew it wasn't him nor his version that was truly being inducted or what the fans wanted to see. michael anthony proved what a dick he truly is. he didnt acknowledge david lee nor alex outside of a mere mention. he puckered up and kissed sammy hagars ass, went along with the delusion that the band was more sucessful with hagar. it was pathetic. i thought it was also funny when the press asked about van halens tour or future plans and michael anthony had to throw in the fact that he's not included. david lee roth made the right decision by avoiding this without the rest of the band. velvet revolver was a joke too. slash was cool because he acknowledged david lee and eddie but the rest was bad. they even managed to pimp the tequlia. what a surprise. scott weiland was absolutely horrible too. he's a joke of a singer. imho. i know i already said it but david lee roth made the right decision by not going without either eddie or alex van halen. it was just the other half joke show.

you're right except for the dave made the right decision stuff.

fuck that.

daves responsible and he let this happen
    ...get your hitchworld on.

Comment

• Bo Nozos
      Roadie
      • Jun 2005

Anyone who reads my posts knows what I think of BassPlayer. He is Van Halen's yes-man and resident mime. I'm not impressed by the fact that he's the friendliest or most approachable member of the band. The guy has always known where his bread is buttered, and has unflinchingly sat like an obedient dog at whatever table the crumbs are falling from. For a long time, it was the Van Halen brothers' table. Now it's Sammy's table. I know everyone has their price, but there aren't too many people who are willing to play gofer that much and for that long.

Comment

• hitch1969©
        Sniper
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper
        sticky this bitch immediately or YOU ARE FIRED! Show the brilliant hitch1969 the respect that member number 2 deserves.
        come on guys... unstick the other one and hook this nigga thread up PROPA™

who is hitch1969?

Comment

• hitch1969©
          Sniper
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bo Nozos
          Anyone who reads my posts knows what I think of BassPlayer. He is Van Halen's yes-man and resident mime. I'm not impressed by the fact that he's the friendliest or most approachable member of the band. The guy has always known where his bread is buttered, and has unflinchingly sat like an obedient dog at whatever table the crumbs are falling from. For a long time, it was the Van Halen brothers' table. Now it's Sammy's table. I know everyone has their price, but there aren't too many people who are willing to play gofer that much and for that long.
          Mike's a bitch, thats never been in contention. If he was ed's bitch, spesh during the cherone era.. holy cow. it was much more difficult to see him try to straight face that shit trying to sell it rather than something like tonight that he obviously enjoyed. He and sam earned their share, like i said earlier, i am totally cool with that.

BUT they misrepresented. DAve misrepresents by not showing up. ed is just a total fuckup and his brother is a ballsucking loyalist. sam and mike disrespectedvan halen and in el barrio that would earn you a drive by from eric the astronaut.

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. find him. you KNOW what to do.
          uh uhuh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uhuh

=h=

Comment

• hitch1969©
            Sniper
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bo Nozos
            True dat, hitch.

May I also add that watching Sauce Sobolewiski's daughters make that Van Hagar Vagina sign with their fingers (about two minutes before Sam and BassPlayer themselves did it on stage) was almost equally as low.

What a putrid evening.

those were his DAUGHTERS making the pussy handsignal?????

then they are lesbians obv.

god sometimes you just dont come through. do you need a woman to look after you?? god sometimes you just dont come through

thats wrong man

Comment

• 6 is 9
              Groupie
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by hitch1969©
              you're right except for the dave made the right decision stuff.

fuck that.

daves responsible and he let this happen
              thank you and i am truly torn with daves decision. i cannot help but wonder if there are reasons that we dont know about as to why he flipped the finger? the reason i say this is because alex also snubbed the entire thing. for the first time in twenty years, the van halens and david lee roth were in unison regarding this. the david lee roth we all think we know wouldn't have missed this for the world. nor would the van halens. they've all spoken about it for years. i really dont think alex van halen is sitting by eddies bed around the clock. another thing and if i may? sammy hagar was truly realistic and extremely humble in his speech. michael anthony was not. those two representing had to be extremely uncomfortable and bittersweet. it seemed as if sammy hagar really knew this. i cannot stand the guy but watching him, i think he had a clue. one other thing. the remarks about eddie van halens rehab were not classy made by either one of those two. having dealt with alcoholics and substance abusing friends and family. the way those guys mentioned it would tick me off and i wont be the least but surprised if both eddie and alex are pissed about the way the absence was mentioned by the other half. yes it could have or would have been better having david lee roth there but i think the circumstances are something entirely different than we are lead to believe. maybe i'm niave, too used to the bands bullshit or whatever but there was a really fucked up vibe with the way sammy hagar and michael anthony acted. its as if they knew they were the joke by being the ones there accepting. at least sammy hagar did because he made referrence to it a few times. he said that he was honored to be included within the van halen name, mentioned people growing up and included himself and said that the fans really want a reunion with david lee roth and that its needed. michael anthony did not even acknowledge both david lee roth or alex van halen, they both looked dumb and were welcomed with a lukewarm response and they knew it.
              "Who can tell what's going to happen in the years to come? We take it day by day, here today, gone later today. You don't stop and worry. You don't stop, look in the rearview mirror and say "Did I do this right?" People who always look in the rearview mirror tend to swerve off the road. I'm sorry but the rearview mirror is like sitting up there for one reason... It's an object so that you can tilt the mirror, look at yourself and see how cool you are when you're getting somewhere.

That's pure Zen man..." - DLR, 1982

Comment

• hitch1969©
                Sniper
                • Mar 2003

come on guys... unstick the other one and hook this nigga thread up PROPA™

who is hitch1969?
                who is hitch1969?

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2003

who is hitch1969?
                  hitch1969 is the Franchise Player of the David Lee Roth Army! If you think you matter.. you don\'t. If you think you are important.. think again. hitch1969 is the star of this show. He is the motherfuckin Jordan of these forums and dont you ever forget it!
                  "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• Bo Nozos
                    Roadie
                    • Jun 2005

those were his DAUGHTERS making the pussy handsignal?????

then they are lesbians obv.

god sometimes you just dont come through. do you need a woman to look after you?? god sometimes you just dont come through

thats wrong man
                    Yeah dude! BassPlayer thanked his family and they flashed them on screen; his two daughters made that stupid Van Hagar Vagina sign that Sammy worked like hell all those years to turn into some kind of VH-fan calling card and it never worked. Way to keep Uncle Sammy's dream alive, girls.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I lost all respect for the bass player when he decided to open his fat fucking yap and started talking shit about Dave. The guy's never had an original thought in his life, but the one thing he knows is he sure as fuck hates Dave..oh, wait he was just spouting the company line? NAH....can't wait for the fat fuck to get into his 1st lovers spat with Sammy....will he wait by the phone and for Ed to call, or roll his ass on over to fifty-one shitty singing backup to the sounds of Ed hacking up a lung in the hopes they let him back through the doggie door?!

Comment

• 6 is 9
                        Groupie
                        • Apr 2005

i forgot to elaborate the press tent after they got the trophies. michael anthony and sammy hagar are in ther in what should be THEIR shining moment or fifteen minutes and what do they recieve? no congratulations or good for you or how do you feel etc. instead they get an onslaught of questions about david lee roth and eddie van halen and a band for all intensive purposes they have zero to do with. i'll use a movie cliche but that had to leave a mark.
                        "Who can tell what's going to happen in the years to come? We take it day by day, here today, gone later today. You don't stop and worry. You don't stop, look in the rearview mirror and say "Did I do this right?" People who always look in the rearview mirror tend to swerve off the road. I'm sorry but the rearview mirror is like sitting up there for one reason... It's an object so that you can tilt the mirror, look at yourself and see how cool you are when you're getting somewhere.

Comment

• 6 is 9
                          Groupie
                          • Apr 2005

Mike's a bitch, thats never been in contention. If he was ed's bitch, spesh during the cherone era.. holy cow. it was much more difficult to see him try to straight face that shit trying to sell it rather than something like tonight that he obviously enjoyed. He and sam earned their share, like i said earlier, i am totally cool with that.
                          thats another excellent point hitch1969© in addition to your other posts. michael anthony even made himself look like an even bigger fucker, if thats possible by giving gary cherone a verbal assfuck in his speech after all but completely ignoring david lee roth. once again, i can completely understand why david lee roth would not want to try and celebrate this induction while standing next to both sammy hagar and michael anthony without at least one other van halen member present. if either sammy hagar or michael anthony were to be there solo, i bet david lee roth might have gone. but considering all of the questions along with everything else going on within the van halen camp, his absence is a little more understandable imo.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

I'm numb.

There are no words for this.....

I'd like to blame Sam and Mike for this, but if could have easily been avoided if the others had just turned up: how hard could it be?
                            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Here's some media reaction:

John Soeder
                              Plain Dealer Pop Music Critic

NEW YORK -- Would the virtuoso guitarist put his demons behind him? Could the lead singers bury the hatchet? And would the jilted bassist swallow his pride?

Stay tuned for the latest episode of "As Van Halen Turns," aka the 22nd annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, R.E.M., the Ronettes and Patti Smith also were enshrined Monday night at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, although the soap opera surrounding dysfunctional hard-rock group Van Halen all but stole the show.

Why can't this be love? It's complicated, dude.

The first sign of trouble came last month, when plans for Van Halen's long-awaited reunion tour with original vocalist David Lee Roth were abruptly scrapped.

In a message posted Thursday on the band's Web site, guitar player Eddie Van Halen, who has struggled with alcoholism, announced he was entering a rehabilitation facility. He was not expected to attend the Rock Hall's black-tie gala, nor was his drum-playing brother, Alex Van Halen.

There was no sign of Roth, either. Ever the egomaniac, which is part of his appeal, he reportedly was unable to reach an agreement with event organizers about which song he would sing during the festivities.

It remained to been if Roth's succesor in the vocals department, Sammy Hagar, and erstwhile bass player Michael Anthony (booted from the group last year in favor of Eddie Van Halen's teenage son, Wolfgang) would be on hand to represent what was left of the once-proud Van Halen legacy.

Members of Velvet Revolver were set to introduce Van Halen, although the group had not been inducted as of 10:30 p.m. Ditto Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five and R.E.M.

As if Van Halen didn't provide enough drama this time around, groundbreaking DJ Grandmaster Flash (real name: Joseph Saddler) and the rappers of the Furious Five -- Melvin "Melle Mel" Glover, Nathaniel "Kid Creole" Glover, Eddie "Scorpio" Morris, Guy "Rahiem" Williams and the late Keith "Cowboy" Wiggins -- made history by becoming the first hip-hop act to get into the Rock Hall. Jay-Z was scheduled to do the honors.

Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder was tapped to set the stage for R.E.M., the jingle-jangle kings of college radio. Singer Michael Stipe, guitarist Peter Buck and bassist Mike Mills planned to celebrate the occasion by reuniting with drummer Bill Berry, who left the band on friendly terms in 1997.

STUART RAMSON / ASSOCIATED PRESS
                              Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards, looking none the worse for wear after his recent fall from that coconut tree, was in New York last night to induct The Ronettes at the 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.Ronnie Spector, Estelle Bennett and Nedra Talley of the Ronettes were introduced by Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones, none the worse for wear -- well, no worse than usual -- after his close call with a coconut tree last year.

Richards recalled being blown away by the quintessential girl group at a dank theater in England in the 1960s. "They could sing .¤.¤. right through a wall of sound," he said.

Spector's ex-husband, producer Phil Spector (a Hall of Famer himself), had written off the Ronettes as just another one of his studio creations and lobbied against their induction in more carefree times, before he found himself awaiting trial for murder.

"All my life, all I ever wanted to do is sing rock 'n' roll," Ronnie Spector said, before thanking everyone who had a role in her career -- with the pointed exception of Phil Spector.

A medley of Ronettes hits followed, including "Baby I Love You," "Walking in the Rain" and the immortal "Be My Baby," although only Ronnie Spector and Talley performed.

Afterwards, bandleader Paul Shaffer read a congratulatory note from Phil Spector, who wished the Ronettes "all the happiness and good fortune the world has to offer."

Rage Against the Machine's Zack de la Rocha waxed rhapsodic about Smith, punk's poetic godmother, who finally made the cut after seven nominations.

"Nothing could be this haunting and nothing could be this healing at the same time," de la Rocha said of Smith's voice.

In a tearful speech, Smith accepted the Rock Hall honor in memory of her late husband, former MC5 guitarist Fred "Sonic" Smith.

"I had a lot of guts, not a whole lot of talent," she said of her early days in the music business.

Smith earned a standing ovation for a triumphant rendition of her Top 20 single "Because the Night," co-written by Bruce Springsteen.

The evening also included a salute to Ahmet Ertegun, who co-founded Atlantic Records and the Rock Hall. He died in December.

After emotional remarks by Stephen Stills and Rock Hall Chairman Jann Wenner, Aretha Franklin belted out "Don't Play That Song" and "I Never Loved a Man" in honor of Ertegun.

During the dinner hour, Grandmaster Flash hugged Kid Rock while guests dined on a smoked-salmon appetizer, a main course of beef with grilled prawns and, for dessert, chocolate cake.

The Rock Hall's Class of 2007 was chosen by a voting body of 600 music-industry insiders and previous inductees.

For the first time ever, the ceremony was broadcast live on VH1 Classic and AOL. If you missed it, VH1 will air highlights at 9 p.m. Saturday.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

From Billboard: WEILAND ON WHY DAVE DIDN'T SHOW

Backstage, Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony said there were no hard feelings they were not included on Van Halen's planned summer tour with David Lee Roth, which is now in shambles. "I totally encourage the thing with Dave," Hagar said. "If Van Halen has any move they should do for the fans right now, it's to do a reunion with Dave." Added Anthony of the absent Roth, "I was waiting for him to come busting through at some point during the speech."

"If we all grew up, including me, maybe all of us could do it together," Hagar said of future Van Halen touring. "I'm down with that." He added, "I planned on taking this year off and just hanging with my family. I haven't done that for a long time. [But] I will tour from my birthday in October through next year."

Velvet Revolver performed in place of Van Halen and without Roth. Frontman Scott Weiland explained the ensuing controversy: "We were asked to perform. Kinda what happened was, he wanted to sing the song 'Jump.' We felt from an artistic standpoint, and I'm being totally honest with you, that it wasn't a song we felt comfortable with. We don't have keyboards. To bring a keyboard on stage wouldn't work for us. We said we'd do "Janie's Cryin'" or "You Really Got Me," and he was adamant that wasn't okay."

Comment

Working...