Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mouichke
    Full On Cocktard
    • Mar 2004

Dave did the right thing and didnt show. This was a travesty. They should have stopped after saying thank you for the induction. No one should have played. This was an embarassment to the legacy that Van Halen was. If Eddie decided to get help now as a publicity stunt, then it really backfired tonight. This was sad, this was the worst induction I have ever seen.
    I hope Eddie gets the help he needs, and will come out of this a better person finally. But, Eddie Van Halen.....tonight.......YOU FUCKED ALL OF US VAN HALEN FANS AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Comment

• jasonmint
      Full On Cocktard
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by bantonelli
      Just before the "The Other Half" played w/Paul Shaeffer during set up, I could swear, there was someone in the audience yelling "That's not Van Halen"! He said it 2 or 3x before they got up and took the stage.

DAVE - No one comes close to your Frontmanship.....

NY got a piece of Shit tonight.

DAVE or it's over.

Are you watching on VH1 classic? I am trying to find it on tivo, and can't. Just before they come on, an announcer comes in in a picture in picture screen, and announces Sham and Mike will be playing with Schaffer, were they covering up the guys comments with this?

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

HA! No wonder Dave didnt wanna play with the house band, he knew what a joke that would be!!

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

I didn't watch it.

Sounds like I made the right choice from what you folks are saying.

Was there any part of it that was good at all??? worth going to the site for replays?

Comment

• vh rides again
              Commando
              • Dec 2006

abortion, thats the only word for what happened tonight.
              i am ashamed that i waited 5 fucking months to see that.

i have never hated micheal anthony but im telling you now that he is a piece of shit .

i cannot believe he would go thru with that.

im ashamed that my fucking family had to put up with this shit ive braught upon them all week long about this fucking fiasco.

i litterally hate micheal anthony, hes a fucking trader in my book,no better than a cellblock snitch.

i think its all over folks.

Comment

• vh rides again
                Commando
                • Dec 2006

j
                Last edited by vh rides again; 03-12-2007, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• dlrevh00
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Jun 2004

my god does Slash suck ass. Why anyone ever thought he was a guitar god is beyond me. He fucked up the opening riff, what a joke. This whole saga has become so pathetic. Im so glad Dave avoided this whole train wreck.

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Why do you guys hate the house band?

Why didn't the fucking real band show up for once, goddamn it????

Where the fuck was Al? Ed? Yeah, in rehab. Where the fuck was Dave? Stewing at his mansion because they wouldn't play fucking Jump, or some other BS reason.

Michael Anthony showed up, like he was supposed to.

Comment

• tajmahal
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Mar 2007

Hall of Shame

This is my first post. I am a huge Van Halen fan and I have been waiting for the reunion since we had the first taste in '96. Yes there are a few Van Hagar songs that I liked, but whether you liked Sammy or DLR this was an absolute disgrace. What the hell was Velvet Revolver playing after their horrible cover of Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love. Was that a short cover of Runaround? They should have asked Steve Vai and B Sheehan to play VH instrumental. Then Sammy and Michael Anthony became the Big Band of Rock and Roll. What a disgrace? All anyone wanted was a few songs from the original band, but these guys and their big egos still can't get it done. Maybe Wolfang could have playd Falco's Rock me Amadeus. Where have all the good times gone?????

Comment

• Wallyg
                        Groupie
                        • Aug 2005

How bad is Velet Revolver?!?!? How gay is that guy who pretends to sing for that (band is too good a word).."thing"? There is local cover band of forty somethings playing a small restaurant every Tuesday night near my house that play and sing circles around those guys. Pathetic !!! Whoever posted that Slash could only possibly play Aint Talkin on his best day in a parallel universe nailed it. It wasn't his best day but then I have never seen him play well. As for the ceremony...I really liked the Ronettes and the blues filler with Buddy Guy, BB, and Clapton. Clapton was out of his league, especially tone wise...
                        Poor VH! Not with a bang but with a fat, out of tune, lame, portly, sad, wimper.
                        "Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time. "
                        George S. Patton
                        "Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot."
                        Groucho Marx (1890 - 1977)

Comment

• python3
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                          I didn't watch it.

Sounds like I made the right choice from what you folks are saying.

Was there any part of it that was good at all??? worth going to the site for replays?
                          The first couple minutes of the montage were pretty good.

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

UHuHU UH huHhu HUhu HU hu HU huHU h uHU uhhu

I actually have no problem with it after the fact.....

Spam? He's gonna take ANY opportunity to make Hay for himself on VAN HALEN's dime.....

MICHAEL ANTHONY? It's his day in the Sun....he's not even in the band...more power to him...after hearing him speak...I still have little problem with him.....

DAVE?

NO ED

NO AL

NO DAVE.........

The core of the band ditched out....they'll have their day in the Sun.....

DAVE made the right choice....he wanted no part of this farce.....

BRAVO

Everybody who witnessed that trainwrek KNEW VAN HALEN was not present............

Comment

• hitch1969©
                              Sniper
                              • Mar 2003

FUCK velvet revolver

gimme STP and GUNS

and give me motherfucking cocksucking goddamned van halen@!!!

BUT NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

it got gay tonight, fellas. REAL GAY.

holy fucking shit, i am so pissed off at the time and energy over the last ...... how many fucking years????

to get THIS tonight??

FUCK THEM ALL

FUCK THEM ALL

in the ass

someone get eric the actor on the phone. that dude is connected.

"You know what to do. you KNOW what to do"

=h=
                              ...get your hitchworld on.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                                Sniper
                                • Apr 2004

I'm fucking laughing my ass of, and thanking baby jesus, that VH wasn't at this crock of shit tonight. Fuck the HOF. To me it means a band is dead and has nithing more to offer.

Ed maybe a fucked up rabbit at the moment, but i still beleive VH with Dave at the helm has alot more to offer. Mike and Sam behaved, basicallt Mike trying to kiss ass his way into the band. Spammy is just, shit, thats all i can come up with for him.

I think Dave made the right choice not showing up, i think he knew it would come off crappy and just downright pitiful, like the way it did.

Comment

Working...