Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

....And the other highlight of DAVE/ED reuniting is that Tour will NEVER include Van Hagar tunes!!!

NO VAN HAGAR TUNES is a Symphony to my ears!
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• PlexiBrown
      Commando
      • Mar 2006

Looks like someone at the links has their panties in a bunch........can you guess who posted what is below?

You have an overly inflated opinion of the general public's perception of VH based on some stupid ass standing ovation over a decade ago. The rock world left the Van Halen station a long time ago. Very few give a shit, apart from those that gave shit 10 years ago, and those that do now. As for artists on VH1 saying VH was an inspiration to them...I've never heard ONE band say that, apart from maybe Pantera, or Ratt. Most people pass them off as hair metal because they're stupid.

It's VH with Wolfgang...it's just a shitty version of VH. Maybe next tour Alex can have his son play drums, and one of Dave's illegitmate children can sing. That's Van Halen too.

You Roth tools always seem to ignore the obvious, and twist your bizarre obsession with DLR into a world where only he matters, and where you read only what you want to see, not what is actually said. You're strange people plain and simple. NOT ONE person isn't saying this version of the band isn't Van Halen, it's just a DUMBASS version of VH. No different than your perception of the band with Sam. Of course your hero quit the band, Mike was booted out. Van Halen is a band that does everything half-assed, having a child on bass (I don't care who he is) is just another thing in a long time of times where you just shake your head and wonder what these guys are thinking.

I'm not trying to be a downer, I just wish some of you would be realists about this whole thing. Van Halen isn't going to rule the world again, they're not going to make some Aerosmith-like comeback, they're not going to show the world what rock and roll is all about. You're going to watch 50-something year old men who haven't played together for almost 25 years, do a nostalgia tour with a 16-year old on bass. That's it. And what's sad is they can't even fucking figure out how to get all four MEN on stage for 2 fucking hours a night. One day when one of them is dead, they will regret it.
      Last edited by PlexiBrown; 07-05-2007, 11:39 AM.
      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
        Looks like someone at the links has their panties in a bunch........

You have an overly inflated opinion of the general public's perception of VH based on some stupid ass standing ovation over a decade ago. The rock world left the Van Halen station a long time ago. Very few give a shit, apart from those that gave shit 10 years ago, and those that do now. As for artists on VH1 saying VH was an inspiration to them...I've never heard ONE band say that, apart from maybe Pantera, or Ratt. Most people pass them off as hair metal because they're stupid.

It's VH with Wolfgang...it's just a shitty version of VH. Maybe next tour Alex can have his son play drums, and one of Dave's illegitmate children can sing. That's Van Halen too.

You Roth tools always seem to ignore the obvious, and twist your bizarre obsession with DLR into a world where only he matters, and where you read only what you want to see, not what is actually said. You're strange people plain and simple. NOT ONE person isn't saying this version of the band isn't Van Halen, it's just a DUMBASS version of VH. No different than your perception of the band with Sam. Of course your hero quit the band, Mike was booted out. Van Halen is a band that does everything half-assed, having a child on bass (I don't care who he is) is just another thing in a long time of times where you just shake your head and wonder what these guys are thinking.

I'm not trying to be a downer, I just wish some of you would be realists about this whole thing. Van Halen isn't going to rule the world again, they're not going to make some Aerosmith-like comeback, they're not going to show the world what rock and roll is all about. You're going to watch 50-something year old men who haven't played together for almost 25 years, do a nostalgia tour with a 16-year old on bass. That's it. And what's sad is they can't even fucking figure out how to get all four MEN on stage for 2 fucking hours a night. One day when one of them is dead, they will regret it.
        Okay, its clear that the person who posted this at Links has never gotten laid.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• PlexiBrown
          Commando
          • Mar 2006

Here is another by a different sheep. See if you can guess who....

What I'm saying is clear. What you're trying to spin is too.

All the semantics soldiers are dicking around with what they believe to believe an inconsistency with people who aren't behind Van Wolf. They don't see the logic in accepting Sam after Dave quit, versus accepting Wolfgang after Ed pissed on Mike for no real reason other than petty ego. It's been explained a number of times by a number of people, including several over at the other joint, as well as a variety of Linkers ranging from a kid (Rocks2005) who seems to have more brains than many, to admitted Rothians like Slaughterhouse Bug or Chefcraig, to folks who appreciate both eras like myself, Brett, Greenpaw, and lots of others. The fact the SAME arguments keep being ignored isn't our problem. It's your problem. One still wonders why so many of you need us 'Wolf-bashers' (in truth, none of us have done this except the trolls, the issue really has nothing to do with Wolfgang and everyting to do with Eddie's continuing BS) to title this outing as proper Van Halen. You shouldn't need validation from others to enjoy yourself. If you wanna call it Van Halen, great. If I wanna call it Van Halen 4, that's my deal. Though I suspect, once again, my opinion will mirror that of the general consensus by fans and critics alike, and that it will be only a small sect of fans who think this'll be the second coming of the Mighty Dave Halen (coincidentally, I'd wager, better than 80% of the latter will be kiddies and geezers alike who never got to see Dave era Halen, which is why they NEED this to be Van Halen ).

It's a different animal. You may be in the small contingent of mulletheads who never accepted Van Hagar, but you're a minority. The American public accepted Sammy as Van Halen, like it or not. I happen to be one of those majority folk, yup. I didn't at first, in fact I was pissed at Dave's departure as much as any VH fan at the time. After a while, skipping through the soft rock, I learned to appreciate the hard rocker tracks with Sammy, all the while realizing that whether Dave had stayed or not Ed was taking the band into that direction regardless. I acclimated the new sound and singer as years went on. I still can't stand the ballads, but I never could stand Dave's pop cheese either. Seems like I've had to explain this a thousand times over.

Truth is, as someone who's seen 4 Dave era gigs during three tours, 8 Sam era gigs during seven tours, and one Gary gig, I'm believe I'm fairly objective about what most hard rocks fans accept as Van Halen. It's pretty obvious that they accepted Van Hagar. It's also pretty obvious they'd love a Dave reunion. And it was more than obvious they didn't like Van Cherone. Given the amount of live gigs I've attended, I can say this: I probably have enjoyed more Sam era gigs live because I came of age during his tenure...the Dave era gigs, I was young and less judgmental, but I was still versed enough in concert protocol to understand Dave sounds like shit live most of the time. He talks and be-bops his way through songs. Often his verses are lost in the background white noise of shrieking guitar or thumping amps. The showmanship is fine, but I doubt I'll find it as engaging now that I'm closing on 40 as I did when I was 13. Hopefully he'll make up for that schlock bit with some bona fide lead singer cockwalking energy. On the flip side, I never could stand the ballad anthems that Sam and Ed trudge through for each and every show they've ever played. So it's tit for tat. That said, it's crystal clear the first six albums are far and away Van Halen's best work, thanks to Dave and Ed and Al and Mike - and a LOT of Ted Templeman. Though I think Fairburn's work on Balance, the production, lyrics, and tone, coupled with Sam and Ed's mutually increasing conflicts, resulted in a first rate Van Halen album, minus a couple of crappy ballads. Ed shreds when he's bent. We all know this.

But the one thing that was constant in all those eras, all those gigs...was Mike fucking Anthony backing Dave's vox or adding to Sam's high octave range in the choruses. And his absence will be markedly noticeable to anybody who's attended enough VH shows to recognize their distinctive tone, whether they pipe in prerecorded vox or not. It isn't just Ed's axe and Al's snare, Sam's wailing pipes or Dave's oak baritone that makes it Van Halen. It's Mike's boom and cannonmouth as well.

Which is why this will be Van Halen 4. IF it happens.
          And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• PlexiBrown
            Commando
            • Mar 2006

Okay, its clear that the person who posted this at Links has never gotten laid.
            The guy who posted it is the guy who runs that place.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
              Commando
              • Mar 2006

The guy who posted the other one is.......

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

VH with Wolf is a shitty version of VH? LMAO.

Thats not the way I hear it at evhgear.com

has anyone heard more than these snips? I've been away from here for a bit so I may have missed something.

VH with Hagar sounded NOTHING like CVH. It was the shittiest version of VH imaginable and sucked in the minds of many. Not just hard core Roth fans either. Just ask around. (and I mean other than at the links.)
                “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2006

Check out this "gem" Van Squalen posted. What a tool! He hasn't even been to that many VH concerts and he thinks he is the one and only expert. This shit that he posted below is unreal!........

Here's why I'm the expert. I possess at least half a brain. I can see and hear and process information on a better than average level. And I was attending Dave Halen concerts before you were an itch in your mommy's pants.

Yes, you must be right, Mike isn't relevant at all in that thunderous roar.

What a buncha morons we've got sucking the Wolfie teat AGAIN. Ha ha! It's too funny.

And if you think you're gonna be hearing 1982 this fall, you're smoking some serious chronic doobage dipped in PCP.

Anything to justify it, eh kids?

Well, it's all good. You'll have a great time!

It just won't be true Van Halen.

Sorry about that. Sucks to be you, I guess.

Comment

• Howlin' Wolf

David Lee Roth and The Wolf Gang live in 2007
                    "Cigareets, Whuskey, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Schlitz, Capri Sun, The Seventh Son Of Satan, brownsound, Brown Bottles, and Good Luck!"

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Here is another by a different sheep. See if you can guess who....

What I'm saying is clear. What you're trying to spin is too.

All the semantics soldiers are dicking around with what they believe to believe an inconsistency with people who aren't behind Van Wolf. They don't see the logic in accepting Sam after Dave quit, versus accepting Wolfgang after Ed pissed on Mike for no real reason other than petty ego. It's been explained a number of times by a number of people, including several over at the other joint, as well as a variety of Linkers ranging from a kid (Rocks2005) who seems to have more brains than many, to admitted Rothians like Slaughterhouse Bug or Chefcraig, to folks who appreciate both eras like myself, Brett, Greenpaw, and lots of others. The fact the SAME arguments keep being ignored isn't our problem. It's your problem. One still wonders why so many of you need us 'Wolf-bashers' (in truth, none of us have done this except the trolls, the issue really has nothing to do with Wolfgang and everyting to do with Eddie's continuing BS) to title this outing as proper Van Halen. You shouldn't need validation from others to enjoy yourself. If you wanna call it Van Halen, great. If I wanna call it Van Halen 4, that's my deal. Though I suspect, once again, my opinion will mirror that of the general consensus by fans and critics alike, and that it will be only a small sect of fans who think this'll be the second coming of the Mighty Dave Halen (coincidentally, I'd wager, better than 80% of the latter will be kiddies and geezers alike who never got to see Dave era Halen, which is why they NEED this to be Van Halen ).

It's a different animal. You may be in the small contingent of mulletheads who never accepted Van Hagar, but you're a minority. The American public accepted Sammy as Van Halen, like it or not. I happen to be one of those majority folk, yup. I didn't at first, in fact I was pissed at Dave's departure as much as any VH fan at the time. After a while, skipping through the soft rock, I learned to appreciate the hard rocker tracks with Sammy, all the while realizing that whether Dave had stayed or not Ed was taking the band into that direction regardless. I acclimated the new sound and singer as years went on. I still can't stand the ballads, but I never could stand Dave's pop cheese either. Seems like I've had to explain this a thousand times over.

Truth is, as someone who's seen 4 Dave era gigs during three tours, 8 Sam era gigs during seven tours, and one Gary gig, I'm believe I'm fairly objective about what most hard rocks fans accept as Van Halen. It's pretty obvious that they accepted Van Hagar. It's also pretty obvious they'd love a Dave reunion. And it was more than obvious they didn't like Van Cherone. Given the amount of live gigs I've attended, I can say this: I probably have enjoyed more Sam era gigs live because I came of age during his tenure...the Dave era gigs, I was young and less judgmental, but I was still versed enough in concert protocol to understand Dave sounds like shit live most of the time. He talks and be-bops his way through songs. Often his verses are lost in the background white noise of shrieking guitar or thumping amps. The showmanship is fine, but I doubt I'll find it as engaging now that I'm closing on 40 as I did when I was 13. Hopefully he'll make up for that schlock bit with some bona fide lead singer cockwalking energy. On the flip side, I never could stand the ballad anthems that Sam and Ed trudge through for each and every show they've ever played. So it's tit for tat. That said, it's crystal clear the first six albums are far and away Van Halen's best work, thanks to Dave and Ed and Al and Mike - and a LOT of Ted Templeman. Though I think Fairburn's work on Balance, the production, lyrics, and tone, coupled with Sam and Ed's mutually increasing conflicts, resulted in a first rate Van Halen album, minus a couple of crappy ballads. Ed shreds when he's bent. We all know this.

But the one thing that was constant in all those eras, all those gigs...was Mike fucking Anthony backing Dave's vox or adding to Sam's high octave range in the choruses. And his absence will be markedly noticeable to anybody who's attended enough VH shows to recognize their distinctive tone, whether they pipe in prerecorded vox or not. It isn't just Ed's axe and Al's snare, Sam's wailing pipes or Dave's oak baritone that makes it Van Halen. It's Mike's boom and cannonmouth as well.

Which is why this will be Van Halen 4. IF it happens.

Wow, who posted that?

Rarely do I disagree with almost everything that another human being says!
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Ok, i read the posts below

Van Squeelin' huh?

Well, the post was well argued, coherent and thought out, I'll give him that.

I just don't agree.

Each to their own I guess....
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

What a buncha morons we've got sucking the Wolfie teat AGAIN. Ha ha! It's too funny.

very odd phrase, IMO.

was he referring to people who will go see the show regardless of who is playing bass? as opposed to those who will spite themselves by staying home.

who's sucking what here? :p
                          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2006

I just don't agree.
                            Cool because only sheep agree with Van Squidiot.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                              very odd phrase, IMO.

was he referring to people who will go see the show regardless of who is playing bass? as opposed to those who will spite themselves by staying home.

who's sucking what here? :p
                              The weird thing is that some of those guys over there who claim to be finished with VH and who claim to not care are the ones who do all of the posting over there.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

I'm sick of the damn case being made about Michael fucking Anthony...

who fucking cares...

Just say that you don't want to go see a bunch of fucking pricks that have spent the better part of the past 20 years fucking their fans in the asshole...

To those females that prefer it...more power to you...

to those dudes that prefer it...

FAGS!
                                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...