X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
    yeah this may be true but mike isnt the lead vocalist so people arent going to say much about his voice
    LOL...thats pretty much all the Mikey supporters talk about.... "Mikey's amazing back up vocals" and they sometimes mention his bassplaying.
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Jesus. The thought of Wolfie playing bass does not excite me. Although, I'd love to see him spell the old man on guitar.

And for those pretending that not having Mike is just great and that he had no part in the distinctive sound of classic Van Halen, I think you're either fucking delusional or are just kidding yourselves.

The whole childish, high school-esque click thing of Dave and the boys vs. Sam and Mike is just beyond nauseating at this point. I could give a fuck if Mike wiping off Sam's dingleberries at this point --I still want to see him in Van Halen BECAUSE THAT'S THE REAL DEAL brothas' and sistas'!

You notice how Dave is completely mum of this whole thing? It's only Ed and Al that are tossing shitbombs at Mike (if you believe everything you read that is). Well, they've fucked up the act before and they'll just keep going with it. But the short memories here are astounding. Ed and Al are simply employing the same self-serving hatchet-man shit they used to bury in Dave's back. Edwad: "Oooooh, look at my son! He's a shreddah'! Unlike that cunt Mikey." Yeah, fuck Ed. The same shit, different guy. How's his singin' Ed? Does he have your grate pipes? Wasn't he talking about the new musical possibilities they had with Sam because they could now write pussified-power ballads in so many new keys, so long ago? Whatever, man. You know?

Well, enjoy whatever this amounts to while it lasts --if it happens at all. But fuck, I'm waiting for those two pricks to again screw Dave ala' MTV Awards style and hire the ex-Journey singer once they've generated a little buzz (to kill, later, with a means to yet be determined)... How many say I?

Call it what you want though. But it ain't classic Van Halen without Mike...

Comment

• LstLkly2Succeed
        Groupie
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
        thats my point

everyone mentions Dave's...but think somehow Mike will sound the same. Well, he doesn't. At all. His voice is flat and tired.

I think Dave's voice is stronger now than ever. Not the screaming high stuff but his regular singing voice. He can hold it together longer and sounds great doing the classics.
        What I think would be great...is Dave doing some Hagar bullshit music and actually improving it because he's such a fucking superior singer. Just one song to prove how much he kicks ass to all the effing Sammy fans who don't wanna admit it. Dave doesn't sound like he did back in the 70's, cuz voices wear out when you get older (well, except maybe in the case of Dio, where he actually sounds as amazing now as he ever did) but I think that Dave still sounds spectacular, and he still has charisma.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

~Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Redballjets88
          Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

LOL...thats pretty much all the Mikey supporters talk about.... "Mikey's amazing back up vocals" and they sometimes mention his bassplaying.
          so by mikey supporters you mean sammy right? other than him i dont think there is a person on earth who likes mikey the best out of the band
          R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2006

Well NickyD - it would be hard to argue your points - they are valid, BUT... I think the reason why I'd support this band with Wolfie on Bass is that regardless of what Ed and Al DO...I'm a ROTH Fan and it's he who brings out the enthusiasm for this band for me. Regardless of who's on Bass, Dave will front and he'll make it fun and give 200%. Wolfie digs Dave and what CVH represented. I think the fresh blood gives VH a new vibe and he's not going to change the classics. He will follow his Dad's lead and if this is the ONLY way to get ED and Dave together...then so be it. When you hear them, it will sound like Van Halen...the only difference is the visual and some background vocals. I've seen Dave many times on his solo tours doing CVH and it sounds fantastic, despite the fact that Bassplayer is not singing background vocals or playing bass.

If the brothers screw Dave, they know they've screwed themselves. No one will ever accept a Jeff Scott Soto or anyone else fronting "Van Halen". Should they decide to try to kick Dave to the curb (which I highly doubt this time), then they will hopefully be intelligent enough to call retire the "Van Halen" name.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

thats my point

everyone mentions Dave's...but think somehow Mike will sound the same. Well, he doesn't. At all. His voice is flat and tired.

I think Dave's voice is stronger now than ever. Not the screaming high stuff but his regular singing voice. He can hold it together longer and sounds great doing the classics.
              Um, no. I never mentioned anything about 'Dave's voice.' His voice has nothing to do with it, it's not about Mike vs. Dave singing since Mikey did the background vocals, did he not?

Who's going to replace that?

And if Dave can't screech like he used too, you've just said his voice in not what it was in 1984, which can only be expected. Spin it however you wish..

Not one of those guys is going to sound exactly like they did in 1984. I am pretty sure Wolfie wasn't even alive, which means he probably shouldn't even be on the stage. It's just the most retarded nepotism shit I've seen in rock. Even Jason Bonham had his own band...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
                I'm a big sucker! Like always, I'm excited and like always I'll probably be let down. Just one time I would like Lucy to let me kick the football. Just one time baby!
                fuck yes, c'mon lucy lighten up
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                  so by mikey supporters you mean sammy right? other than him i dont think there is a person on earth who likes mikey the best out of the band
                  I mean all the people who think that Mike's former sound can not be duplicated. :p

It can be duplicated.

No, it won't be CVH, I agree.

And in some ways that is sad. But fairly easy to get over.
                  “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Pasadena Bunnie
                    Well NickyD - it would be hard to argue your points - they are valid, BUT... I think the reason why I'd support this band with Wolfie on Bass is that regardless of what Ed and Al DO...I'm a ROTH Fan and it's he who brings out the enthusiasm for this band for me. Regardless of who's on Bass, Dave will front and he'll make it fun and give 200%. Wolfie digs Dave and what CVH represented. I think the fresh blood gives VH a new vibe and he's not going to change the classics. He will follow his Dad's lead and if this is the ONLY way to get ED and Dave together...then so be it. When you hear them, it will sound like Van Halen...the only difference is the visual and some background vocals. I've seen Dave many times on his solo tours doing CVH and it sounds fantastic, despite the fact that Bassplayer is not singing background vocals or playing bass.

If the brothers screw Dave, they know they've screwed themselves. No one will ever accept a Jeff Scott Soto or anyone else fronting "Van Halen". Should they decide to try to kick Dave to the curb (which I highly doubt this time), then they will hopefully be intelligent enough to call retire the "Van Halen" name.
                    Fine. And you may have a great time at any shows that take place. I hope you do. But to me it ain't classic Van Halen. It's just another disappointment. Another opportunity in which they've come up short and squandered much potential. I just wish 50-something year olds could be a bit less petty than menstruating teen girls. But why expect anything more at this point?

Ha! Who can photoshop a Van Halen "Mean Girls" movie poster?

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

Um, no. I never mentioned anything about 'Dave's voice.' ...
                      so when you said....

Yeah, well, neither are Dave's hun.'
                      what were you talking about?
                      :confused:

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

Spin it however you wish...

... I am pretty sure Wolfie wasn't even alive, which means he probably shouldn't even be on the stage. ...

thats the craziest spin I have heard so far.

congrats!

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Jesus. The thought of Wolfie playing bass does not excite me.

And for those pretending that not having Mike is just great and that he had no part in the distinctive sound of classic Van Halen, I think you're either fucking delusional or are just kidding yourselves.

The whole childish, high school-esque click thing of Dave and the boys vs. Sam and Mike is just beyond nauseating at this point. I could give a fuck if Mike wiping off Sam's dingleberries at this point --I still want to see him in Van Halen BECAUSE THAT'S THE REAL DEAL brothas' and sistas'!

Call it what you want though. But it ain't classic Van Halen without Mike...
                          Fucking A! 100% agreed.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

so when you said....

what were you talking about?
                            :confused:

Out of context kiddo...

I'm talking about how you laid out this whole "everybody talks about Dave's voice, but Mike's sucks now too..." --as if that's some sort of argument as too why he need not be there. Well, prior to that post, I wasn't talking about Dave's voice. I only said that Mike's backing vocals are integral to CVH. So, what do they doi without him? Can Wolfie pull it off? Do they get a chick to sing backup? (which would be so gay and un-CVH, it's not funny!)...

I only mentioned it AFTER YOU DID...

So, since Dave's voice isn't what it used to be, should he be replaced too?

'Cause it's not like spEd and Alice have said as much when they brought in Gary. But the minute Dave's back with 'em, it's all good? yeah, uhuh...

Actually, I could make a pretty good argument that since NONE of those guys can play or sing like they did in the glory years, maybe they should forgo any sort of pseudo-reunion...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

I would like to see the line-up intact, CVH is what it was.

I guess it comes down to I would rather see Dave, Ed, Al, and Wolfie than Sam, Ed, Al, and Mike.

Comment

• Redballjets88
                                Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

exactly
                                R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

Working...