Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddie78
    Head Fluffer
    • Nov 2004

Yeah, i won't see Dave with any other guitar player but Ed (though i saw him with Vai in '88.........boy did it suck!)
    The only other guy that gets "Eddie" & possesses that raw, off the cuuf spontanaeity is former A. Punk, Russ Parrish.
    I'll see the 2007 tour, though.

Comment

• eddie78
      Head Fluffer
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
      The band won't be 100% CVH (as close as we are going to get though) but the songs will be.
      You nailed it, Plexi.
      But it's good enough for me because we have the creative core of VH.

Comment

• thome
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Mar 2005

A band without a singer is a million times over just another band.

Orchestra, whatever. Benny Goodman was fantastic but when Doris Day stood up to sing it became her show her band and Goodman or any
        true musician understands this.

A singer when he or she steps up to the mic, instantly becomes a singer with a live band playing back-up.

A band without a good singer is, just ok.

A band with a great singer with presence is a fenominal advancement
        in quality and togetherness unequalled in it's ability to communicate.

So grab your guitar or bass or drum kit,saxafone,etc, hit the street, set up on the corner and wish you could find a way to have it make sence.

If this kid playing Bass is good VH will be a new incarnation of the original.

That is all and forever, all it is.

If he misses a note showes up in -Tiger Beat- talking about how he doesn't like kissing certain girls because their braces get locked up.

I hope you will be happy.

If the kid can handle the pressure and remember it is about the music
        (i am possitive ed can train a musician) they will be excellent.

If Ed spends each concert as a loving father forgiving his son and saying he'll get it,he will hit those note next time .....then??

Question; would a band of professionals ,30 yrs plus under thier belts,
        who wanted to present, the fact that no-one can touch them, present a show people want to come see, and rave about, put up with second rate musicianship from any member for how long...?

What if two months in, Al, Wolfie ,Dave decide Ed ain't hanging and needs to be replaced, would you still call it VH..?

You had better or your stepping on your own words written here.

Is it the name or the people that make you believe..?

Comment

Foot Soldier
          • Jun 2007

ALL I`M CONCERNED ABOUT IS HOW THEIR GOING TO RECREATE MIKE`S BACKING VOCAL HARMONIES?

Comment

• Redballjets88
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

who cares?

people at the links are fuckin stupid. the reason mike isnt there is because he like spammys dick more than a reunion
            R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• thome
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by 113
              ALL I`M CONCERNED ABOUT IS HOW THEIR GOING TO RECREATE MIKE`S BACKING VOCAL HARMONIES?

You won't be seeing -Classic Van Halen- you will be seeing a new band with a new member. When they sing classic tunes they will sound familiar, you will like it because they are good.

If they write some new tunes they will sound like the new VH.

Like i said before if Dave is there it will be worth our time and money.

I am looking forward to anything -New -from this line up with or without Mike.

New Music ,not Classic Van Halen, they need Mike for that. Maybe in a couple years they will put out something with Mike.

I'll bet this will be great but i am already looking forward to 2009

I heard that the original mebers of Van Halen are going to reunite.

Stay alive everyone were behind you, 2009 will be the YEAR!!

Damn I'm a Cock! ..lol

Dave, in this Band, is going to be good NEW BAND!! NEW MUSIC!!!

New chances to Rock- OUT!@!==Fuk Fukk Muthas Fuk Fuk!!!!

Still hope on the horizon for a reunion with all original members but evidently not today..

Comment

• JMJ
                Groupie
                • Jul 2007

was posted at the links that it was announced on sirius that it's officlal the tour will start in september...fwiw

announcement forthcoming???

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by JMJ
                  was posted at the links that it was announced on sirius that it's officlal the tour will start in september...fwiw

announcement forthcoming???
                  Lets hope so.

And lets also hope they do a decent amount of press for this reunion, to maximize it's potential.

I hope all of their hearts are in it, I really do...
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

New chances to Rock- OUT!@!==Fuk Fukk Muthas Fuk Fuk!!!!
                    I wanna party with thome !!

LOL

I say bunch of us get a double size party suite or two at one of the shows!!
                    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Redballjets88
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

that would be cool, the bad thing is that everyone in the army is so spread out that it would be tough

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2006

was posted at the links that it was announced on sirius that it's officlal the tour will start in september
                        Once again, Sirius announces stuff that is at least a week old already. They are just taking what they have been reading on the web lately and adding "official" to it.
                        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2006

You mean the backing vocals that Mike himself can't recreate anymore? Hey, I would like it to be the original lineup too but I can live with Dave, Ed, Al and whoever is playing bass. I am actually curious to see what the Wolf can do. Even Mike and Ronald McHagar said that the Wolf can jam.
                          Last edited by PlexiBrown; 07-05-2007, 03:14 PM.
                          And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• thome
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                            I wanna party with thome !!

LOL

I say bunch of us get a double size party suite or two at one of the shows!!
                            Redballjets88--- that would be cool, the bad thing is that everyone in the army is so spread out that it would be tough
                            --------------------

DG, I am In! like this.. Lets doo--eet!

RBJ-88 I agree let's pick some place centrally located so everyone has less or the same... expenses....... like...... Hmmm .........I don't know where is a centrally located city....... that has it all..... but not too much hmmm.....

Kansas City yeah That's the Place.

I know this dude he could do the bookings......huh hmm.....

LoL

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2006

Also, the fans at the shows will be belting out those CVH backing vocals anyway. They have been waiting a long time for those CVH songs live.

Comment

• Redballjets88
                                Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by thome
                                Redballjets88--- that would be cool, the bad thing is that everyone in the army is so spread out that it would be tough
                                --------------------

DG, I am In! like this.. Lets doo--eet!

RBJ-88 I agree let's pick some place centrally located so everyone has less or the same... expenses....... like...... Hmmm .........I don't know where is a centrally located city....... that has it all..... but not too much hmmm.....

Kansas City yeah That's the Place.

I know this dude he could do the bookings......huh hmm.....

LoL
                                yeah KC would be good if VH hits kc, maybe dallas even

Comment

Working...