X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guitar Shark
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
    You mean the backing vocals that Mike himself can't recreate anymore?
    What are you basing this statement on?
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
      LOL.

I'm not going for them. I'm going for me. I want to see my favorite singer/entertainer/prick and my favorite guitarist/prick play my favorite music live in front of my naked steaming eyes one more time before we all croak.

LOL!!!! Right on, DG!!! My sentiments too!!!

Comment

• thome
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Redballjets88
        yeah KC would be good if VH hits kc, maybe dallas even
        Dallas is cool.Got family nearby.

Kansas City is the wierdest place,because it is split down the middle with the state line of Missouri and Kansas so alot of rock acts play St.Louis
        and it counts as a Missouri/ Kansas /City gig, pisses me off.

KC is on the west border and St. Louis is on the east side of the state.

If the -taxes and city council -people see it as KC or St.Louis. Missouri gets the money either way because KC venues are on the missouri side of the city..It's hard even for me to grasp.

VH played here Twice in 78 i saw both shows of thier first tour.

It's funny the first time i saw them i was more interested in Ozzy or Aerosmith .When VH took the stage the whole place immediatly shut up and Ed blew the fukkin doors off, it was something like I ain't never seen.

So if they want to relieve thier first moments together KC should be on the list, but to be honest St.Louis or Dallas or Denver is probably where they will play, especially if they are limitting the amnt of shows this tour..?

Comment

• Loons The Great

Great God Almighty!!

Law'd Hab MERCY!!

Ize still ain't gwine belieb it's true...'til am at the show...at least 6 tunes deep...an' it's still gonn' be unbeliebable...

Diamond Dave and King Edward live onstage nah temme
          Ize gots to say...I'm gettin' a semi
          Jus' do like the mighty Stripes, don't need no bass
          'Cuz no one's gwine-a wipe this smile off my face
          SHO NUFF!!!!!!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by thome
            Redballjets88--- that would be cool, the bad thing is that everyone in the army is so spread out that it would be tough
            --------------------

DG, I am In! like this.. Lets doo--eet!

RBJ-88 I agree let's pick some place centrally located so everyone has less or the same... expenses....... like...... Hmmm .........I don't know where is a centrally located city....... that has it all..... but not too much hmmm.....

Kansas City yeah That's the Place.

I know this dude he could do the bookings......huh hmm.....

LoL

and we'll have them pull all those pesty seats out cos no one will be SITTIN' in that mug fugga
            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• thome
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Loons The Great
              Great God Almighty!!

Law'd Hab MERCY!!

Ize still ain't gwine belieb it's true...'til am at the show...at least 6 tunes deep...an' it's still gonn' be unbeliebable...

Diamond Dave and King Edward live onstage nah temme
              Ize gots to say...I'm gettin' a semi
              Jus' do like the mighty Stripes, don't need no bass
              'Cuz no one's gwine-a wipe this smile off my face
              SHO NUFF!!!!!!
              i wish i would have wrote that lil ditty

nok, nok'kin wood nah... nah ..yezz, yezz!

If i may pirate one of your sayings.

Five!

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                Commando
                • Mar 2006

What are you basing this statement on?
                You haven't heard Mike sing lately?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y75AolGsCf8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y75AolGsCf8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                Last edited by PlexiBrown; 07-05-2007, 04:08 PM.
                And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

You haven't heard him sing lately?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y75AolGsCf8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y75AolGsCf8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                  Please provide a warning the next time you link to a live performance by Sammy Hagar and his band.

Seriously, overall the backing vocals in that clip didn't sound bad to me. Of all the people who could perform in this reunion tour (if it happens), Mike is the one I'm least worried about not meeting expectations. We'll agree to disagree on this one I guess.
                  ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                  Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

How would you know if the singing on that song was "good" or not?

Secondly, one tosser performance with Sam does not a voice-assessment make...

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2006

How would you know if the singing on that song was "good" or not?
                      Because I have two functioning ears. I also heard him in 2004 live.
                      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2006

We'll agree to disagree on this one I guess.
                        Like I have been saying, I would prefer the original lineup but I will go if Mike is not there. None of them are what they once were including Mike but I want to witness Dave and Eddie together again. Some people, especially at the stinks, are making Mike out to be way more than he is.
                        Last edited by PlexiBrown; 07-05-2007, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Some people, especially at the stinks, are making Mike out to be way more than he is.
                          EXACTLY!

Come on now, Mike is not DAVID LEE ROTH people!!!
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Because I have two functioning ears. I also heard him in 2004 live.
                            Well, you're used to shill performances then...

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2006

Well, you're used to shill performances then...
                              I have seen Van Halen 77 times in my life (mostly CVH but I have seen every Van Hagar tour also because I wanted to see Ed, Al and Mike so I had to stomach Hagar) which means I have seen Michael Anthony 77 times. I am quite familiar with his live vocals over the course of his career.
                              Last edited by PlexiBrown; 07-05-2007, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• rockhead
                                Roadie
                                • Jan 2006

Binnie, heres hoping to a european and australian tour.I think there hearts are in it, im sure dave has thought long and hard about this reunion, and im sure he was behind making ed go to rehab to make sure this doesnt turn into a circus.

As panamark has stated expect the unexpected!.

Comment

Working...