Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xk319
    Full On Cocktard
    • Feb 2007

He did some flying (yes, fully airborne) roundhouse kicks during the second Philly show. I think he's just getting warmed up. First time I've seen those this tour.

Comment

• HG012009
      Full On Cocktard
      • May 2007

Originally posted by BrownSound1
      If people are that concerned with Dave's kicks, then perhaps they should jump up onstage and run towards him. I bet they'd find out real quick how good his kicks are.
      I second that! Your ass would be screaming for a dentist...

Comment

• jharp84
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

I could "quote" several brilliant responses "here tonight" But may I say - this could be "strategic" WAIT 'TIL' Tour TWO of "CVH2"(I better patent that!)

Comment

• blonddgirl777
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by franksters
          ... name me 1 band that the singer moves the crowd like Dave does and then maybe we can talk and compare showmanship, besides Mick Jagger there's not a lot outhere, including past, and present time...
          Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode...
          Just his sexy butt can STILL lift the entire audience to the sky!
          I've seen many of their oncerts and everywhere, everytime... he DOES make you sweat!
          Last edited by blonddgirl777; 10-04-2007, 10:45 PM.
          http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
          Originally posted by Nitro Express
          ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
          Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
          [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
          http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
          Originally posted by VanHalener
          ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
          Originally posted by FORD
          ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• blonddgirl777
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Sorry but I used to be REALLY be sexually attracted to Diamond Dave so I will certainly miss the all of athletic booty moves...

That said, it will still be an excellent show, no doubt!
            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
            Originally posted by Nitro Express
            ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
            Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
            [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
            Originally posted by VanHalener
            ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
            Originally posted by FORD
            ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• jharp84
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
              Sorry but I used to be REALLY be sexually attracted to Diamond Dave so I will certainly miss the all of athletic booty moves...

WTF is w/everybody wants DLR 1984??:confused: Let's GIVE THANKS AND PRAISE FOR THIS RE-UNION!! AND BLONDIE!! - THIS response was NOT DI-rected at your post!! BUT WTF!! LOOK OUT FOR THE NEXT TOUR GANG!! I CAN FEEL 1984 ALL OVER AGAIN!!

Comment

• cscmtp
                Groupie
                • Mar 2004

only an f'n retard could say something negative about Dave on this tour. He is absolutely amazing. He's sober, singing great, getting all the lyrics rights, and fort those that care, he looks great too. But best of all, I love the sheer joy on his face. He clearly loves and appreciates this crowd and his band like maybe never before.

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                  If people are that concerned with Dave's kicks, then perhaps they should jump up onstage and run towards him. I bet they'd find out real quick how good his kicks are.
                  fucking hilarious man!!

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Ellyllions
                    He's just pissed off that the cool kids won't play with him.

I'll tell ya what I saw from Dave at the show...I saw a man humbled by the reception from the crowd. I saw him giggle, play, flash, kick, twirl, pose, and sing. I saw a man appreciative of the people he was on stage with.

I'm telling ya, if you're going to base your opinion on the boots you're missing the whole experience. There's more to this show than just the sound.
                    +1 on that one! Dave has plenty of stage presence, trust me...
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• samplehead
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Jun 2006

Purely based on the many current youtube videos and my old boots, my take is this:

The long hair in the vintage videos contributed to making dave look more active somewhat. A constant extra motion around his head if you will.

Currently Dave no longer appears to run at all, he just walks. That's making a big difference in the perceived energy for me. The way he's walking it definitely looks like he has back issues. Unless he's putting on a special "stage walk" as part of his act, I've never seen him have that walk before, it's almost a bit like a seasoned horse rider, slight bowed legs and all.

He's singing better than ever. Live that is. He's coming damned close to the original studio recordings, and far exceeding any previous live singing ability.

Last point, there is one other reference for a great frontman in his 50's who still has lots of energy plus as strong a vocal ability and range as ever. Paul Stanley.

Comment

• gunnyhighway
                        Groupie
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by samplehead

[Paul Stanley. [/B]
                        FORTUNATELY YOU DIDNT SAY "GENE SIMMONS"... CVH RULEZ!!!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

x
                          Last edited by cadaverdog; 10-05-2007, 02:43 AM.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777

So the Yankee Rose video probably got you hot!

I bet you laughed even more when you found out Dave chose a bag of cocaine over your hot friend? If you weren't in there getting any well then, she shouldn't either!
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by naturochem
                              You certainly ought to bust a nut at the current tour then!

The US Fest was the absolute worst I've ever seen the band -- my ipod stuck in a coffee can sounds better than the lame ass sound rig they had at Glen Helen!!

I have to admit tho'...it was still quite the fuckin' experience!!!
                              What sound system ,I was smashed up against the stage and could have heard Dave without a microphone .
                              When he told that dude he would come down there and fuck his girlfreind Dave was only about ten feet away from where I was barely standing.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Casemeister
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Feb 2004

Stage presence is about more than stage moves.

Dave owns the stage. Most of the Youtube videos I've seen have been following Dave.

Roger Daltrey never moved that much, but the stage was his. Look at a guy like Ronnie Van Zant. He NEVER did anything athletic, but he still controlled and owned the stage.

Dave is more concerned with his SOUND, I think, but he still owns the stage. Being in Australia, I might not get to see these guys, but I can tell from the videos that Dave has each crowd in the palm of his hand.
                                Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002. RIP, Hoss!

Comment

Working...