X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave_is_vh
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Dave's stage presence not impressive

Watching all of these youtube videos of the tour I have been a little disappointed by Dave's stage presence. Obviously he can't do his wild kicks and jumps like he used to, but that doesn't mean he has to stand in one place like an immovable object. I get the impression Dave is nervous about performing for such large crowds again and is perhaps at a loss for what to do without his jumps so he is just standing around in the same place a lot as a result. Anyone agree?
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR
  • NATEDOG001976
    Veteran
    • Apr 2004

He's doing fine.
    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
    Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• DirtyDeeds
      Roadie
      • Mar 2007

I agree to an extent, though from what I've seen of old boots, he often stayed somewhat still other than the jumps.

The key to these shows now Dave-wise is getting close. He's ALWAYS doing poses, faces, and other things, most of which you miss from far away. Up close, you see 'em all though. Up close=Dave-centered show. Far away=Eddie-centered show.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Dave is focusing more on his singing than being a rock and roll clown these days. I think he's working the stage fine for a guy his age.

If he put on a blonde wig and started acting like it was 1984 again, it would be ugly. Plus, he's not flying on the cocaine anymore.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          Dave is focusing more on his singing than being a rock and roll clown these days. I think he's working the stage fine for a guy his age.

If he put on a blonde wig and started acting like it was 1984 again, it would be ugly. Plus, he's not flying on the cocaine anymore.
          Exactly; from what I've seen, he's covering a lot of ground up there stage right, stage left, and walking out into the crowd, etc. Very cool, IMO.

The trade off of hearing what Dave can do vocally has been well worth him slowing things down a bit, IMO.
          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
            Veteran
            • May 2004

Be careful. Someone is gonna brand you a sheep.

Any criticism of DLR on this board, however honest, will draw out the blind, who will then accuse you of being a Hagar fan.

BTW, I wouldn't say Dave is concentrating on his singing, cuz that is piss poor too. Remembering all the words has nothing to do with singing, and Dave is still missing words and fucking up the lyrics.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

saying his stage presence is "not impressive" is pretty harsh
              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire

Any criticism of DLR on this board, however honest, will draw out the blind, who will then accuse you of being a Hagar fan.

BTW, I wouldn't say Dave is concentrating on his singing, cuz that is piss poor too. Remembering all the words has nothing to do with singing, and Dave is still missing words and fucking up the lyrics.

I really don't get why you are here

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                  saying his stage presence is "not impressive" is pretty harsh
                  I think the title of his thread was much harsher than his post itself, which was more reasonable. I agree with whoever said that Dave appears to be focusing more on the singing rather than showmanship.
                  ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                  Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

I dig that he is taking time to shake hands with his fans and he seems to really be soaking it all in

the way that it's not all out "monkey hour" impresses me.

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire

Man, you sound bitter!
                      http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                      Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                      Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• Ellyllions
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2006

He's just pissed off that the cool kids won't play with him.

I'll tell ya what I saw from Dave at the show...I saw a man humbled by the reception from the crowd. I saw him giggle, play, flash, kick, twirl, pose, and sing. I saw a man appreciative of the people he was on stage with.

I'm telling ya, if you're going to base your opinion on the boots you're missing the whole experience. There's more to this show than just the sound.
                        "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Hoongood
                          Roadie
                          • Jan 2004

I disagree. The old kicks and jumps would be nice, but my calendar says it is 2007.

In Charlotte, Dave did a few kicks, and several of his karate moves. He also did the mic stand martial arts twirl. He moved all around the stage and worked the crowd.

If he had done a split that didn't match the Yankee Rose video, everyone would be criticising that. If he did his assless chaps bump and grind, people would be reminding him that is isn't 25 any more.

Dave's performance was outstanding and a fitting maturation of his stage show. He isn't living in the past, so he isn't a charicature of himself.
                          Yeah right she says, maybe in your dreams!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2004

Dave set a pretty high bar for all frontmen back in the day. No one performed the way he did, although many tried, most couldn't come close.

Comment

• fenway5150
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2004

I've noticed that too but it seems to be paying off with the critics reviews. They've all said great things about Dave. I never thought I would see the day when a critic would praise Dave's voice but that's what's happening now.

Besides, he's still doing some cool stuff. He's not just standing there.
                              "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
                              - DLR, 2004

Comment

Working...