X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blonddgirl777
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    So the Yankee Rose video probably got you hot!

I bet you laughed even more when you found out Dave chose a bag of cocaine over your hot friend? If you weren't in there getting any well then, she shouldn't either!
    I was too young when that happened... (1981 or so)...
    Plus, I wouldn't have been a good idea to have such a man as my very FIRST one!
    :eek:
    Ouch!
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
    ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
    Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
    [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
    Originally posted by VanHalener
    ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
    Originally posted by FORD
    ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• blonddgirl777
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by jharp84
      WTF is w/everybody wants DLR 1984??:confused:...
      Personally, I'm just being nostalgic... that's all.

I was answering Frankster's post that stated that D.L.R. was and still his the only one with such great stage presence...
      Well... reality check; he is not the only one who can totally lift a crowd "past and present"....
      Seriously, as much as we love Diamond Dave... we still have to look outside the box!
      ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
      ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• schwing
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Mar 2007

Haven't seen any shows live on this tour BUT, the new 10/3 philly youtubes look like they ALL are finding their groove and clicking better and better again. Dress rehearsal ain't the same as live, esp with 20+ years in between. The Police admittedly weren't thrilled with their performance the first few shows and got better and better as the tour went on. Yeah, I know, VH isn't the Police...blah blah.

DLR pickin up steam night after night. You blaze the guns night one, you'll fall over after 3 shows. It's a long tour people, those in panic mode need to watch the new videos. This isn't like seeing the hot chick you used to bang in HS at the 25 year reunion all fat. It's Van Halen and they are kickin major ass.

DISCLAIMER: All complaints must be submitted in writing and those who do will be sentenced to seeing The Wiggles Tour front row.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

The shows will get better as the tour goes on. Good thing I am going to the LA show!
          "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

Dave has obviously been working on his (tremendous) ego: he's kept relatively humble on stage since the start of the Tour, as he appeared during the LA press conference - his huge ego... one of those constitutive aspects of his personality that make us dig his stuff so much -, which applies to his moves, in addition to the addition of years. I find his kind of restraint rather surprising, but as long as it can ensure the durability of the reunion!
            Well, it looks a bit odd not to see him jump and flip around like he used to do, but he apparently does other stuff, including concentrating on singing his lyrics like he's never really done before, and he'll probably let more go as the tour unfolds...
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• wizzkidder
              Full On Cocktard
              • Nov 2006

Re: Dave's stage presence not impressive

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
              Watching all of these youtube videos of the tour I have been a little disappointed by Dave's stage presence. Obviously he can't do his wild kicks and jumps like he used to, but that doesn't mean he has to stand in one place like an immovable object. I get the impression Dave is nervous about performing for such large crowds again and is perhaps at a loss for what to do without his jumps so he is just standing around in the same place a lot as a result. Anyone agree?
              I think it might have something to do with the fact that he's not coming out on stage with half a bottle of Jack in him and a joint or two as well. The fact that he's nearly twice his age when he was doing those kicks and acrobatics is also something to take into consideration. You ain't gonna see him arching his back like on the back cover of the first VH album anymore either.
              http://www.wizzkidd.com/dlr-army/backstagepass.jpg
              <font face="arial; verdana" size="2" color="000000"><b><i>The good ol' daze!</i></b></font>

Comment

• vh rides again
                Commando
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by wizzkidder
                You ain't gonna see him arching his back like on the back cover of the first VH album anymore either.
                i didnt ever think i would see him do that, i seen him on the dipshit and dave tour up in peoria and he grabbed the mike stand and damn near bent in half singing the atomic punk, it looked cool as hell.

Comment

• Ellyllions
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by vh rides again
                  i didnt ever think i would see him do that, i seen him on the dipshit and dave tour up in peoria and he grabbed the mike stand and damn near bent in half singing the atomic punk, it looked cool as hell.
                  I'll bet that ruined a lot of panties.

We love bendy men.
                  "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ellyllions
                    ... We love bendy men.
                    Nhaaa.... do we?

Comment

• AndyChad
                      Groupie
                      • Feb 2004

Bad singing?

Think again...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Freewheelin
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Jul 2006

DLR is the motherfucking man no matter what in my book, but I agree it aint 83 anymore as much as we might like it to be . From what I have seen thus far on youtube etc I am extremely thrilled with the way the show looks . There were very few front men in rock history that could hold a candle to this guy and now he is singing better to boot . I saw him in Tampa solo a few years back and he was a little bit over weight and just coming off knee surgery but still went out and put on a good show . To say he lacks presence seems inaccurate judging by the killer reception the crowd is giving him .

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions
                          I'll bet that ruined a lot of panties.

We love bendy men.
                          No shit!!

Look at this fuckin' hottie:

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Casemeister
                            Stage presence is about more than stage moves.

Dave owns the stage. Most of the Youtube videos I've seen have been following Dave.

Roger Daltrey never moved that much, but the stage was his. Look at a guy like Ronnie Van Zant. He NEVER did anything athletic, but he still controlled and owned the stage.

Dave is more concerned with his SOUND, I think, but he still owns the stage. Being in Australia, I might not get to see these guys, but I can tell from the videos that Dave has each crowd in the palm of his hand.

I never see anything about Bon Scott here .
                            I would say he could have given Dave a run for his money if he would
                            have lived a little longer .
                            I like Robert Plant as best singer
                            Dave as all time best front man and if VH had not imploded in 85
                            Dave might have surpassed Plant .
                            He was definatly more exciting .
                            What if Ed got as animated as Angus ?
                            Ed is the superior player ,but Angus never stops head banging ,even between songs.
                            Imagine a show with both VH and AC/DC ,with origanal members all 30 years younger.
                            That would be a show.

BTW I want to get on the I don't care if Dave come strolling out on a rascal if he can still sing ,who cares bandwagon.
                            Last edited by cadaverdog; 10-06-2007, 01:10 AM.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• SATAN BUSH
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2004

Well, it's blatantly obvious that Dave was given a good "talking to" (and no, not by Delbert Grady) by the Van Halen brothers. They have made it clear for the last 25 years that they hated Dave's over the top circus like stage behavior; hell, up until Dave's last solo shows he was still acting like the Dave of old. He didn't just all of the sudden decide to turn into Mr. Paul Anka because his back or knee suddenly bothered him; this is nearly an about-face. He was clearly told to "tone it down." EVH is a control freak if you haven't noticed.

However...this isn't necessarily THAT bad of a thing. He's definitely singing MUCH better than anyone thought possible given his later live performances. He's even attempting to scream...and some sound great. Another notable positive is that Dave definitely looks more masculine.

BTW...what happened to his thick, massive 70's chest mane? I wonder if Ed shaves his chest for him...

LOL
                              Last edited by SATAN BUSH; 10-06-2007, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• WARF
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Re: Dave's stage presence not impressive

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
                                Watching all of these youtube videos of the tour I have been a little disappointed by Dave's stage presence. Obviously he can't do his wild kicks and jumps like he used to, but that doesn't mean he has to stand in one place like an immovable object. I get the impression Dave is nervous about performing for such large crowds again and is perhaps at a loss for what to do without his jumps so he is just standing around in the same place a lot as a result. Anyone agree?
                                Dave isn't fucking 27 anymore!

fuck...

What do you expect from a guy in his early 50's... BRUCE FUCKING LEE???

I m 30 and I don't even think I could do one fucking kick onstage!!!

I'll tell you thing... the intensity is still fucking there... you don't have to fucking jump 40 feet in the air to have stage presence... Frank Sinatra had stage presence in his 60's... and he was fuckin' glued to the fucking floor....

Dave doesn't have stage presence!?!?!

I bet he still hs a message for your girlfriend!!!

Comment

Working...