Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

An the '07 Tour should have ended at the end of 'oh seven...

"e;vis"

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Whatever the case, it's sad...

Dave was 100% on top of his game during the tour and to the best of his ability gave us more than a glimpse of what real Van Halen was...

His performances night after night were impressive...

His vocals at the Seattle show were nothing short of awesome, chilling at times, making the songs sound so close to their original magic...

I spent quite a bit of money on that trip and it was worth it...

But still, I feel Dave compromised a lot going out with Wolf and a sub-par Edward, but Ed had some good nights, so all was not lost. But even the best performances were lacking without Michael Anthony, in my personal opinion...

But I still have my hopes up of Edward getting the help he needs and getting his head and his health together and eventually giving us what he is ultimately capable of...

Although one of my concerns now is how much more of this is Dave willing to put up with...

I imagine he's been pretty pissed off at times, but he rolled the dice and got what more than a few of us predicted...

I hope and pray for Edward's health and well being and wish him all the best. Not just so I can get some good music to listen to, it's deeper than that for me and most of the real fans...

I've had my own battles with drugs and alcohol and lasted one day out of rehab, so...

It's hard, but not impossible...

Edward can do it!

Near 100% with all of those thoughts and sentiments...

Personally, I could give a toss about who has the 'inside scoop' on the band.

It seems a shame that the tour started off so strong and ended up like this. Dave focused and put in a lot of work to make sure his role and parts live were done to the maximum of his ability, and it showed.

Ed's a mess. Has been for a while. Some of the stuff he suffers from was probably out of his control, but nobody (not even the most ardent EVH nutlicker from the links) can really deny that the guy just plain didn't take care of himself the way he should.

If Ed still has a problem with drink and drugs and wants to kick the habit, he can.

I have to admit I'm selfish, and when I went to see the band I wanted the best Eddie had to offer...give me the best of what he's got...and my feeling is he didn't (for whatever reason) have it in him to do so.

Hope the dude gets his act together.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Apocalypso
        Groupie
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Terry
        Near 100% with all of those thoughts and sentiments...

Personally, I could give a toss about who has the 'inside scoop' on the band.

It seems a shame that the tour started off so strong and ended up like this. Dave focused and put in a lot of work to make sure his role and parts live were done to the maximum of his ability, and it showed.

Ed's a mess. Has been for a while. Some of the stuff he suffers from was probably out of his control, but nobody (not even the most ardent EVH nutlicker from the links) can really deny that the guy just plain didn't take care of himself the way he should.

If Ed still has a problem with drink and drugs and wants to kick the habit, he can.

I have to admit I'm selfish, and when I went to see the band I wanted the best Eddie had to offer...give me the best of what he's got...and my feeling is he didn't (for whatever reason) have it in him to do so.

Hope the dude gets his act together.

I really think at this point Eddie is destined to remain an occasionally "functioning" alcohol/drug user. You consider all that he's dealt with and lost over the past decade, that should have been plenty to motivate him to at least make a better attempt at staying clean and sober. The thing is, some people just can't do it long term no matter how hard they try or what they have (or had) to lose. Couple that with his ever-increasing health issues and close friends and relatives that are probably fried from years of trying to help him get straight topped up with an entourage of enablers and sycophants looking to do whatever it takes to keep him on the road making money and you get someone like a Johnny Thunders or perhaps even Kurt Cobain.

T.B.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Re: Brett, vhlinks emperor, sheds some light on VH/Eddie situation

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
          Here's what Brett posted:

So now everyone expects the band to change from that same belief of privacy in this new age, and they’re simply not going to. Has it backfired on the band over the years? Yes no question. But at the same time, I do believe everyone has a right to their privacy, even celebrities.
          I'm ok with that up until the point the celebrity fucks people up with their actions and then doesn't explain them truthfully.

Whilst the band were in hiatus or whatever fine everyone speculates, whatever.

When they start charging hundreds of dollars for even a basic ticket, charge lots of cash for mediocre merchandising products and crazy prices for 'VIP' packages to squeeze as much out of their customers and then cancel their customers deserve an explanation.

I bet there are plenty of people(I was nearly one of them) who spent hundreds of NON REFUNDABLE dollars on flights, hotels or whatever to go and see them.

Anyone dumb enough to spend a lot of time on the internet at sites like this and Bretts are wise enough by this point to know that paying for travel, hotels or even the inconvenince of booking babysitters for a show involving Van Halen is a crapshoot gamble but that makes up a small percentage of the people the people that have bought tickets to their shows.

Cheers!

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

I'm glad that someone is connected to the true goings on in VHLAND. It's nice to hear that Ed is getting the medical help he may or may not need, and Live Nation isn't going to fuck this tour up the ass.

Thanks!

Comment

• WARF
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

I'm having a blast over there... posting back as Women And Roth First!!

I got alot of people calling for my head already...

I haven't had this much fun since over a dozen of my Diamond Mafia members were banned at the dome for dissing Van Halen!!!

This is great.... lol

Some dude said Ed should say to mikey....

"We're just humans being... and skake hands!!!" lol

I love the links man...

There is so much pussy over there,,,

You know... cuz you know...

Its mostly females who like Van Hagar anyways...

I'm gonna score me a VAN HAGAR bitch!!!

I'm gonna start a reality show at vhlinks....

Which bitch holds the KEY TO WARF'S heart????

WILL LOVE COME WALKING IN????

lol

Find out soon at vhlinks!!!

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                I'm gonna start a reality show at vhlinks....

Which bitch holds the KEY TO WARF'S heart????

WILL LOVE COME WALKING IN????

lol

Find out soon at vhlinks!!!
                That's about the only thing that would make that shithole worth reading.

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• RAY4583
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Feb 2004

I got two things to say re. all of this nonsense: 1) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH And,...2) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA At least they finished the tour with Sammy. More than you can say about the tour with David Gay Roth, huh Bueno Boob?

Comment

• RAY4583
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Feb 2004

I got two things to say re. all of this nonsense: 1) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH And,...2) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA At least they finished their tour in '04 with Sammy. More than you can say about the current tour with David Gay Roth, huh Bueno Boob?

Comment

• WARF
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                      That's about the only thing that would make that shithole worth reading.

LOL
                      Dude... I got like 3 or 4 girls that fucking hate me dude....

But one of those fine young ladies is gonna get the WARFCOCK!!

What should we call the show?

Love Walks In: The WARF Reality Show

Do It Til We're Black N Blue

Face Down In Cabo, Kissin' WARF's cock

WARF's Spanked Line

Suggestions???

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

The bottom line is Ed has drank a lot of booze and smoked a lot of cigarettes since he was 12 years old. When you hit your mid 50's doing that shit as much as he has, you pay the piper or the grim reaper. If Ed says he doesn't feel 100% gee, just think of what the man's lungs must look like.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Ed's brother Alex was a wreck as well and he beat his demons. Alex is sober. Ed has his son and his brother. It's not like the man is alone. He sounds like a stubborn son of a bitch though.

The guy has been unstable for years. He hasn't been consistant since 1996. He's a mental wreck.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

why do I have to read that sheep-shit here? there is a reason why there is a place called "links" and why people post their "jaddajadda" there...

keep the house clean...
                            Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Was Brett "parroting" in FLAC or MP3?
                              http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by RAY4583
                                I got two things to say re. all of this nonsense: 1) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH And,...2) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA At least they finished the tour with Sammy. More than you can say about the tour with David Gay Roth, huh Bueno Boob?
                                What does that prove?

Is Dave the reason that this tour has been postponed? Was Sammy the reason the 04 tour was completed? No in both cases.

This isn't a Dave vs Spam issue. It's an Ed issue.
                                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...