• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Eddie had some issues with...
      everybody.

Only a matter of time.
      Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

~Ha!~

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
          everybody.

Only a matter of time.
          Of course he has issues with everybody.

Eddie is socially destructive. He doesn't know how to deal with people, IMO.

I think he probably tries too hard (hence the whole "you're my brother now..." stuff).

Then again, I wouldn't say Mike is the greatest communicator either. His lack of any contact with the brothers after the 2004 tour spoke volumes on how he felt about them (or namely Ed).
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Wait!

Explain to me what "BAND" Michael left...

Drunken Edward and his curiously strange neck braced brother ??

Your correct about the problems going way back to at least 1981 if I remember correctly. I read an interview where Edward accused Michael of not being that interested in making a "good album" following the release of Fair Warning, and in my opinion, that album has the best bass of all. Ed also complained about the bass on WACF and that he couldn't hear Michael live...

It's all bullshit!

I personally feel Edward was Jealous of Michael probably for having the most stable personality in the band...

AND Michael IS an awesome bass player...the live material, what there is, prooves it...

Also I think that the EEAS tour proves that a virtuoso type bass player like Edward was looking for isn't a good fit for Van Halen music.

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
              Of course he has issues with everybody.

Eddie is socially destructive. He doesn't know how to deal with people, IMO.

I think he probably tries too hard (hence the whole "you're my brother now..." stuff).

Then again, I wouldn't say Mike is the greatest communicator either. His lack of any contact with the brothers after the 2004 tour spoke volumes on how he felt about them (or namely Ed).
              Considering he was a hired hand for that tour and had to relinquish his stake in Van Halen just to be on that tour, I can't really blame the guy for not talking to Sped and Alice. Not really taking sides here but I can understand why Bass Player wouldn't be in a hurry to call up his old friends.

Like a ton of people I was really looking forward to a real CVH reunion.
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Also I think that the EEAS tour proves that a virtuoso type bass player like Edward was looking for isn't a good fit for Van Halen music.
                Couldn't agree more. CVH music didn't require a virtuoso bass player. Mikey did what was required of him and did a great job at it. Like Elvis said, listen to the live stuff, Mikey can and did play excellent bass but never got in the way of Ed, Roth or Alex. He left plenty of room for the other guys to shine, IMO.
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                  Couldn't agree more. CVH music didn't require a virtuoso bass player. Mikey did what was required of him and did a great job at it. Like Elvis said, listen to the live stuff, Mikey can and did play excellent bass but never got in the way of Ed, Roth or Alex. He left plenty of room for the other guys to shine, IMO.
                  Agreed.
                  Chickensauce knew his role in the group. I dread the thought of Ed hiring Billy Sheehan back then. The groove would be traded for a cluttered wank fest between EVH & Billy. That's something that got a bit annoying with the EEAS line up. Too much over the top wanking...
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                    Agreed.
                    Chickensauce knew his role in the group. I dread the thought of Ed hiring Billy Sheehan back then. The groove would be traded for a cluttered wank fest between EVH & Billy. That's something that got a bit annoying with the EEAS line up. Too much over the top wanking...

Yup, couldn't agree more and although the EEAS line up was killer it did get old. I like Billy but in small doses.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      Eddie had some issues with Mike going back to the Fair Warning days, if not before then. Losing David Lee Roth in 1985 was the worst thing that ever happened to Van Halen, but it was probably the best thing that could happen to Sobolewski, because he became Hagar's buddy and made it 2 against 2 as long as Van Hagar was together.

But then his friendship with the Ched Rocker also proved to be Mikey's downfall, because he DID leave the band (and work on all of Spammy's little "side projects") when Hagar did.

So they're both to blame. Not gonna say that part of me wouldn't like to see Mikey up there on stage with the band in 2010, but I'm not holding my breath that it would ever happen then, or any other time in the future (assuming Eddie & Alex live long enough that Van Halen stays together for any length of time)
                      Ford, I usually agree with you on this stuff --buttfucking PUL-LEEZZZZEEE!!!!

Didn't Roth say live on the air during his fallen radio gig that a reunion without Anthony would be off the table? You really think Roth wanted the guy who sang the backing vocals that perfectly complemented Roth's growl out of the band?

And I could give a fuck about Mikey's BFF relationship with Sam. He didn't fucking hire Hagar. Ed did! So please stop pretending that Mike's projects with Sam should have anything to do with Van Halen! You "can't be in two bands?" Really? Didn't Ed play on Sammy's final solo albums? Wasn't Ed is some side-projects?
                      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-03-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by 113
                        Yeah, Wolfie will quit the greatest rock band of all time, so the Fat Pig can take his place! Do you really think Wolf will turn down the chance to make a new album/tour with Dave?

"Anthony can do what he likes now" LMAO!
                        STFU Katie...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Yup, couldn't agree more and although the EEAS line up was killer it did get old. I like Billy but in small doses.
                          Too much wankery ...
                          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• if6was9
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            You "can't be in two bands?" Really? Didn't Ed play on Sammy's final solo albums? Wasn't Ed is some side-projects?
                            "Do as I say, not as I do".
                            Ed is the owner of this band. The only irreplaceable element of VH. So he may do what he wants. And others must do what HE wants. This is the reality, guys. There's no place for equality, democracy or this kind of bullshit.
                            Last edited by if6was9; 06-04-2009, 01:00 AM.
                            Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2007

I don't think the issue is that either Sam or Mike quit VH.

I think the issue should be why they quit Edward.

Yeah, he is an egotistical, drunken fool. No question he lies about shit, either.

But these two didn't seem to mind watching him self-destruct while they continuously marched his ass out onstage in '04, knowing full well ED wasn't able to perform, but that didn't slow them down on the way to the bank, did it?

I don't care what band you're in...you don't let your most irreplaceable member slowly kill himself and sell tickets to the event, just so you can draw a bigger paycheck than you could on your own. Any lesser member would have been fired, for sure. But this is EVH, not Steven Adler.
                              These two band whores wanna play like the good guys and pretend that they actually gave a shit about Ed's well-being by giving a shout-out to him from the RRHoF induction?
                              Fucking pleeeze! How ironic that the 2 so-called "members" that attended deserve the least amount of credit.
                              Ironic again that while Sam-Mike are accepting the induction because their buddy, best friend and next door neighbor whom they "love" is "back home, gettin some help", needed that same help in '04 while they were attempting to tour. They genuinely didn't give a fuck.

I'll put some blame on Alex as well. It's his BROTHER, for fuck sakes.

The other half of Chickenshit are no better than Ed as far as credibility are concerned.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Considering he was a hired hand for that tour and had to relinquish his stake in Van Halen just to be on that tour, I can't really blame the guy for not talking to Sped and Alice. Not really taking sides here but I can understand why Bass Player wouldn't be in a hurry to call up his old friends.
                                Which is why Mike shouldn't have been surprised or upset over his "exit" from the band for the 2007-08 tour.

I mean, to sit there and be pissed at the guys for 2004 and decide to not talk to them afterwards is one thing but then be miffed at not being called to participate in the next tour with Dave doesn't make much sense.

?????

And then go out on tour with Sam calling themselves "the other half" and the dude STILL expected to be part of Van Halen??? Seriously, sometimes I think Mike is just as fucked up as Ed.

Its like the kid who was treated poorly in the playground and decides he does not want to play with them anymore only to then be upset over not being called to come out and play the next day.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...