A Statement Of Fact Regarding Roth Army And The Mighty Van Halen.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Your thousandth "Thank You" brother Hardrock69 . One of The Roth Army's top soldier knocks another one out of the park.

Stellar thread bro, every word the gospel!

Roth the fuck on!!!
    =VH=
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Oh, and Northern Girl? Nice to see you back here again sweetie! Long time no see!

Comment

• DlocRoth
        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Fantastic post, HR!

Its easy to blame one half of the dynamic duo when we are on the other half's most bestest site.

I dont think its our lack of love..... I think its Ed's perceived lack of interest, commitment, and dedication to sobriety that makes us flame on him.

I dont hate Ed. I just hate the decisions he makes.

Love ya, SpEd! Now get your fucking head outta your ass.
        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Holy shit! 1,000 times?

Meh....took me 6 years and an awful lotta typing.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Oh and by the way, Pojo, Mitch Malloy would have been a great addition to VH. He lives here in Gnashville and I have seen him sing in clubs. He is a good singer.

Though in the VH Historical Archives, he is somewhat less than a footnote.
            Last edited by Hardrock69; 11-06-2011, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Dupe post

Comment

• Northern Girl
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                Oh, and Northern Girl? Nice to see you back here again sweetie! Long time no see!
                You too, HR, but I'm actually here every day!

Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

THATS what I'm talkin' 'bout HR..............

"Hate" EVH???

Yeah....how many of us GOT our 1st guitars in 1984???

And "Van-Halenized" em imediately???

Its that fine line between Love and Hate.....

Imagine if Babe Ruth climbed to the top of the mountain...and then fell off because he was a slobbering drunk....well, half imagine.........

SheeeeeeIT......

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    Oh and by the way, Pojo, Mitch Malloy would have been a great addition to VH. He lives here in Gnashville and I have seen him sing in clubs. He is a good singer.

Though in the VH Historical Archives, he is somewhat less than a footnote.
                    Your lucky I don't make this my tag line...

seriously...are you fucking kidding me...

Next thing you know...someone's going to tell me he sings like an alien (IE...Eddie describing Bette and Brown Leisure Suit fag)

...a great addition to Van Halen?

Holy hell...
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I don't hate spED for being a drunk...I don't hate spED for deciding to take time off for whatever reason...I don't hate spED for hiring Bette, or the writing idiot in a Brown Leisure Suit...I don't hate spED for all his anti-hero, douchebagginess over the past 27 odd years. Christ, you could make a case that his behavior pales in comparison to Dave in many respects...

What I hate spED for, and where he differs from Roth...and really...most every human being...

...is his total disregard for the former millions that followed him and built their first guitars to emulate his...

...no...better yet...his total ignorant behavior is likely the better term...

...and hate isn't the word...

...antipathy is...mixed with indifference...

Now, "a big announcement" will take place...

seriously...no fucking clue...
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        ...is his total disregard for the former millions that followed him and built their first guitars to emulate his...
                        Unless he's selling his flip-flops to ya, that is.....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          Unless he's selling his flip-flops to ya, that is.....
                          Don't even get me started...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Excellent rant thread.

If Ed put half the amount of energy into Van Halen as he does into shilling his gear, VH would still be in the conscious minds of music fans. Look at Bon Jovi. As much as I loathe that band, they still
                            keep their shit together, put out records and tour arena's and stadiums regularly. Ask any Hip hop/Rap kid in high school or on the street if they know who Bon Jovi is and they'll most likely
                            know it's a Rock band.
                            Ask 'em who Van Halen is and they'll most likely be scratching their head....

This new album will be their triumph or the end of VH.
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

I think part of the problem could be Ed has lost his ability to play consistently. I think the guy has problems with his hands and maybe some nervous system damage. I think he knows it and frankly is scared of going out or even making a record. They might have some good songs in the can but how much and can Ed do it all the time?
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Heater
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jhale667
                                Excellent post, HR!!

And btw, Bleater...tell that "p

ast his prime" shit to Jeff Beck, still peeling paint off walls (of arenas) well into his 60s. Don't count Ed out.
                                I agree, and that applies to Clapton too. Ed is not on that same tier, he wrote a ton of great riffs which turned into good songs but his soloing has a gimmicky edge to it. Admit it, doesn't tapping get a LITTLE stale after a while? Yes there's more to him than that (squeals, whammy dive bombs) but his solos for the most part follow the same formula. He is nowhere as expressive as Clapton or Beck, they let the music breathe at times, Ed crams a fill into spots that might be better left untouched. go YouTube Clapton doing a solo during "Old Love"for example and try to imagine what Ed would do with that same music:wheedlewheedleybawwww,wheedlebawwwwheedle, repeat.

Comment

Working...