A Statement Of Fact Regarding Roth Army And The Mighty Van Halen.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K1469
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Sep 2011

If this version of VH isnt what you want to see then maybe you should hop over to Mike and Spammy's place and not let the door hit you in the ass leaving here!
    Say hi to Mike for me cause he aint coming back!

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Supporting Dave is one thing... turning a blind eye towards the antics of the Van Halen brothers just because Dave is allegedly somewhat in the picture... round here that's like trying to teach a pig to sing... don't work and it just irritates the pig.

It could be considered reasonable to throw some blind support Dave's way... but at the moment, lacking anything tangible beyond alleged "mailed in" vocal recordings... there ain't shit to support. Others have said as much... we'll buy a beer or 6 just for a 2011 picture of Dave. I'd be happy to think positive... but first things first... is the motherfucker still alive..?
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by K1469
        If this version of VH isnt what you want to see then maybe you should hop over to Mike and Spammy's place and not let the door hit you in the ass leaving here!
        Say hi to Mike for me cause he aint coming back!
        Whatever version of VH I support is irrelevant, though perhaps that word is too lengthy and complicated for you to understand. Ed is going to do what he wants whether I support him or not.

If you would take Spammy's pindick out of your mouth enough to pay attention to what is going on at this site, you might comprehend the fact that there are people who are here to support David Lee Roth, and actually can string together enough sentences to form a comprehensible paragraph stating their opinions on Van Halen.

Then there are the random trolls who stop by and who have nothing better to do than to open their asshole and speak.

Obviously you have difficulty reading, mouth-breather. But I will still direct you to re-read the first post of this thread again (as I do once in awhile have some compassion for the mentally challenged) by posting a link to a bunch of big words that explain a lot of grown-up things about Edward Van Halen, this forum, the people who hang out here, and mentally deranged creatures who are called "trolls".

Click on the link below, and get your mommy to help you understand the big words:

If you are still unable to understand plain English, even with the assistance of someone who can read, that is no fault of mine. Go cry to your mommy that the bad man at rotharmy.com told you to get a life.

Have a nice day, troll.
        Last edited by Hardrock69; 11-08-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Nitro Express- "I think part of the problem could be Ed has lost his ability to play consistently. I think the guy has problems with his hands and maybe some nervous system damage. I think he knows it and frankly is scared of going out or even making a record. They might have some good songs in the can but how much and can Ed do it all the time?"

I agree that he seemingly has lost his ability to play all speedy and flashy. Remember when he did his spot on 2-1/2 Men, he had some wonky donut around his left thumb? He may be fighting his way through some screwy problems with his paws. I for one agree with Thomas Dolby from the early nineties when he spoke of how underrated a rhythm guitarist Ed is, though. I'm all about the riffs and the grooves. I'm holding out absolute hope that the riffs to Believe Me/Take It Back or Show No Mercy or Light In The Sky find their way onto alledged recording.

As far as Mitch Malloy goes, I'd sooner welcome Ed, Al and Wolf sitting in with the Mitch Miller Chior for a Christmas special on the TV.

Comment

• slimdon
            Roadie
            • Feb 2004

All that Dave and Ed have to do is come up with another 31 minutes of rock n' roll loveliness. Here's their previous track record:

VH I = 35:13
            VH II = 32:00
            WACF = 33:13
            FW = 30:58
            DD = 31:24
            1984 = 33:08

I've got faith. Any time I've been disappointed by VH, I look back on the Six Pack and it makes up for everything. I will always thank them for that. It's irreplaceable and timeless.

Sam Halen was another band, Ed Halen with Cherone on vox was a solo album/hip surgery/drinking problem gone terribly wrong. But what's done is done. We are where we are now. Don't hold on to that anger. Let it go... so long as the brothers don't do an album with Lou Reed. Lu Lu Halen would be a sign of the apocalypse.

Amen,
            The Reverend

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              Supporting Dave is one thing... turning a blind eye towards the antics of the Van Halen brothers just because Dave is allegedly somewhat in the picture... round here that's like trying to teach a pig to sing... don't work and it just irritates the pig.
              Exactly what Zah said. And why is it that frustration with the Van Halen brothers is somehow equated to NOT being supportive of Van Halen??? I honestly don't know how I could be more supportive of this band than I already have been. I guess I could buy another pair of Ed's shoes or maybe some flip-flops and a tie or two...Or maybe I should get a poster of Wolfie and worship it as our Lord and Saviour for supposedly being the ONLY reason Dave got back in the band. Nothing against the kid, but he's no more a part of Van Halen than Sammy was or Gary was.
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Zackly. You get it my friend.

Some people obviously cannot figure it out.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  And why is it that frustration with the Van Halen brothers is somehow equated to NOT being supportive of Van Halen???
                  I equate it to those that disagreed with invading Iraq did not support the troops...

But I certainly don't want to open up that can of worms in this forum....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Good comparison there, chief!

The lame nutshell version of my initial rant is that if Wolfy does the tour, good for him! Like most CVH fans I would prefer Mikey on bass.
                    But it is not like I am going to lose any sleep if Ed's son continues to be the bassist for Van Halen.

Most fathers I know sort of envy Ed in that respect....sure they can give their kids a new car, or pay for college, or whatever.

Ed was able to give his son the position of bassist in Van Halen! What a mind-blowing present!

In fact, I wonder what was running through Wolfy's mind when Dad told him what he had in mind.

Comment

• Heater
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                      Good comparison there, chief!

The lame nutshell version of my initial rant is that if Wolfy does the tour, good for him! Like most CVH fans I would prefer Mikey on bass.
                      But it is not like I am going to lose any sleep if Ed's son continues to be the bassist for Van Halen.

Most fathers I know sort of envy Ed in that respect....sure they can give their kids a new car, or pay for college, or whatever.

Ed was able to give his son the position of bassist in Van Halen! What a mind-blowing present!

In fact, I wonder what was running through Wolfy's mind when Dad told him what he had in mind.

Typical VH apologist, wanting to believe it's still VH, nope. Making excuses for the mediocrity of the past tour and that which will be the next album. "Hey Wolf, I'm gonna put you on stage with a bass that isn't plugged in and have you sing along to vocal tracks." "Thanks dad, you mean I get to be right there while Dave cranks out the same lame jokes he's used since 1978 and skips around like a girlygirl?" Keep telling yourself this is VH, sorry you missed them when they were VH. C'mon, give us a break!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Heater
                        Typical VH apologist, wanting to believe it's still VH, nope. Making excuses for the mediocrity of the past tour and that which will be the next album. "Hey Wolf, I'm gonna put you on stage with a bass that isn't plugged in and have you sing along to vocal tracks." "Thanks dad, you mean I get to be right there while Dave cranks out the same lame jokes he's used since 1978 and skips around like a girlygirl?" Keep telling yourself this is VH, sorry you missed them when they were VH. C'mon, give us a break!!
                        I know this sort of disrupts your by now patented routine of dropping by the site and repeatedly blabbering the same tired lines regarding people that post here as being a pack of disillusioned navel gazers pretending that this current line-up of the band is in fact the real Van Halen, but for once, could you actually provide some proof (you know, a post or two) of anyone around here acting out that fantasy?

I have no issue with thought out, subjective criticism, particularly for a band that by it's very nature, invites it. But it seems to me that you are engaging in the very behavior you are claiming others to be offering, without bothering to back it up with any conviction. Look, once and for all, it's a fan site. Questioning the moves, motives and actions of the subject of such a site does not make anyone disloyal to that subject. Yet some sort of weird line gets crossed when a poster begins questioning the moves, motives and actions of the fans of that very same fan site. The activity is ultimately pointless, aside from killing some time between bathroom breaks and lunch/dinner while at work. Unless of course, that in and of itself is the whole point of this dubious exercise.

Back in a few, smoke break!
                        Last edited by chefcraig; 11-09-2011, 03:34 PM. Reason: spell check at work stinks

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Heater
                          Spoken like a true sychophant of the self-proclaimed "emperor" over at the links.
                          Last edited by Roth & Roll; 11-23-2011, 03:34 AM.
                          http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Too be honest. I'm amazed that all original members of Van Halen are still alive. It's a shame everyone isn't together. I never felt Wolfie earned his place in the band.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Zing!
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

I am loyal to the IDEA of the mighty Van Halen - the greatest party band in the world - we all have a little bit of Van Halen in us - rulers of the early 1980's - tiger pants and bandanas around the neck, striped guitars and brown M&M's. I am NOT loyal to the BAND Van Halen (and all its various incarnations). While I admit I tasted the Van Hagar Kool-Aid in the late 80's and early 90's, I knew even then that something was amiss, and my allegiance drifted back toward Dave - even if his albums weren't always my cup of tea (YFLM). What I'm saying is: even the BIGGEST Van Halen fan - and I'm about as fanatic as they come - eventually draws the line. Mine was drawn in 1996. Didn't support the Van Cherone debacle - skipped that tour, and other than the BOV1 haven't bought a Van Halen release since 1995. I even had a free ticket to the 2004 travesty from my older brother (who took me to my first rock concert, 5150, and knowing what a huge Van Halen fan I was, thought he was doing something nice for me) and turned it down. I will always support the classic 6-pack years of Van Halen for what they represented to the world and for basically being the soundtrack to my young life back then, but that doesn't mean I always have to support every decision the band makes simply for their name alone. That's being just as much a sheep as those who cheer for the Van Hagar years or Hagarita himself.
                              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's a shame you missed the VH III tour... the record stunk and Cherone was a tool... but that was the top peak of Ed's playing ability and it's doubtful he'll ever perform at that level again. What made it even better was they pulled out several CVH tunes that hadn't been heard live in over a decade and Ed, Mike & Al smoked em like it was yesterday...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...