X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I was just about to post the twitter link... Good call on the thread rename..

Man, this is actually exciting.. official, or at least as official as we're gonna get, confirmation that it has begun!!!
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

somebody must be pretty excited...I would...if I'd go into the studio with THAT band...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• indeedido
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

Cool I guess, so many false starts. Good confirmation of something.
        This space for rent.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

I have to admit, I'm a little cautious with having John Shanks as the producer....

I mean, outside of Bon Jovi, not exactly much real rock in his resume.... Check it out: http://www.johnshanks.net/site/index.php

My real worry is that we get nothing more than the sequel to OU812, which at that time I may just go postal....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Etienne
            Commando
            • Aug 2010

Halleluja!

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

See??

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              I have to admit, I'm a little cautious with having John Shanks as the producer....

I mean, outside of Bon Jovi, not exactly much real rock in his resume.... Check it out: http://www.johnshanks.net/site/index.php

My real worry is that we get nothing more than the sequel to OU812, which at that time I may just go postal....

I don't think that'll be the case...
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Etienne
                Halleluja!
                yeah...God heard our prayers...he just fucked up the time schedule a bit...say...27 years...
                Roth Army Icon

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Not with Dave back in his rightful place and the success of the last tour! Sure, Dave has had some miscues over the last decade but when asked to step up to the plate in the Big Leagues, Dave usually delivers.

My money's on Dave, not the producer, not on Ed or the rest of the band.
                  Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I wouldn't be surprised if the band is wanting to try and do "Jump part II" or at least an album along the lines with 1984.

Since Shanks has worked primarily in pop oriented stuff my guess is that he wants the band to go down that route for a few songs.

I am not suggesting Ed will bring back that 80s synth sound (though its possible).

And we know Dave has the ability to come up with choruses and melodies of a pop nature. All I'm saying is I wouldn't be expecting something closer to Fair Warning but something that would be more radio friendly hard rock.
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                      I wouldn't be surprised if the band is wanting to try and do "Jump part II" or at least an album along the lines with 1984.

All I'm saying is I wouldn't be expecting something closer to Fair Warning but something that would be more radio friendly hard rock.
                      I'd take that bet! no way...
                      Roth Army Icon

Comment

• jero
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                        yeah...God heard our prayers...he just fucked up the time schedule a bit...say...27 years...
                        Without that little fuck up no Eat em and Smile so give the dude a break

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                          I wouldn't be surprised if the band is wanting to try and do "Jump part II" or at least an album along the lines with 1984...And we know Dave has the ability to come up with choruses and melodies of a pop nature. All I'm saying is I wouldn't be expecting something closer to Fair Warning but something that would be more radio friendly hard rock.
                          If that is the case, it would signal a welcome return to the radio-ready tunes from the first and second albums, like "Jamie's Cryin'" or "Beautiful Girls". Throw in some of the goofy-yet brilliant riffs like "Fools" or the opening of "Little Guitars", one or two boogies like "Bottoms Up" and "HFT", absolutely NO KEYBOARDS and you almost have an album. Better yet, one that many of us could live with. In other words, "All Killer, No Filler!"

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vaijuju
                            "JMJ" from vhlinks post this :

vh-1 classic has just reported a new van halen album due out in january with roth at the helm...to be titled "BOLD".
                            That would be dumb.

Every second journalist and blogger will go for the Bold gag...

Comment

• DlocRoth
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                              Not with Dave back in his rightful place and the success of the last tour! Sure, Dave has had some miscues over the last decade but when asked to step up to the plate in the Big Leagues, Dave usually delivers.

My money's on Dave, not the producer, not on Ed or the rest of the band.
                              Look... I'm a Dave or the grave guy here....

BUT......

SpEd doesnt need Dave. Not anymore. The sisters have proven that they are more than content to sit on their asses.

I'm willing to bet the Club Dave shit wouldnt fly this time 'round either.

remember Desmond Childs? Remember Dave saying Ed would look down his nose at Daves lyrics?

I'm sure the album (if ever completed) will kick ass......

But having said that, the musical direction of this projrct rests pretty squarely on SpEd's scrawny shoulders IMO.

Fuck...who knows. I do know a wise man once said "Hope springs eternal."

I guess at the end of the day thats gonna have to be good enough for me.

Ten bucks Wolf's MUSICAL ideas hold more weight than ol' Uncle Daves at this point. And thank Christ Wolf loves him some CLASSIC VH.
                              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• kwame k
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by DlocRoth
                                Look... I'm a Dave or the grave guy here....

BUT......

SpEd doesnt need Dave. Not anymore. The sisters have proven that they are more than content to sit on their asses.

I'm willing to bet the Club Dave shit wouldnt fly this time 'round either.

remember Desmond Childs? Remember Dave saying Ed would look down his nose at Daves lyrics?

I'm sure the album (if ever completed) will kick ass......

But having said that, the musical direction of this projrct rests pretty squarely on SpEd's scrawny shoulders IMO.

Fuck...who knows. I do know a wise man once said "Hope springs eternal."

I guess at the end of the day thats gonna have to be good enough for me.

Ten bucks Wolf's MUSICAL ideas hold more weight than ol' Uncle Daves at this point. And thank Christ Wolf loves him some CLASSIC VH.
                                Can't say I disagree with you but..........Dave stepped it up during the last tour, IMHO, and with the pressure to deliver an album on par with The Six Pack. I just can't see Dave not having a major say in the musical direction. He wrote the melodies and lyrics. I can't see how he won't do the same on this album, too.
                                Originally posted by vandeleur
                                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...