Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BadassMOFO
    Full On Cocktard
    • Jan 2008

That's because Dave bailed on them when they were just getting started. They would have downsized it by now but in the situation they are in now, a reunion would sell big time!
    Brocket99.net Rockin' the tipis of Brocket!
    Ernie Scar: Shuji-shit-ter-shelf!

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Come on guys, the days of Van Halen even remotely considering a stadium tour ended in 1984....

The band won't even do any press, for Christ sakes.... And in this economy ?? With the prices of concerts nowadays ??

I picture it working great the way the Police did it. Like in Los Angeles they played 3 nights. 2 at Staples (arena) and 1 at Dodger Stadium.

Arenas sound a lot better and you can actually see. Getting there is easier, parking, etc. But a stadium show is an event. Nothing quite like singing "Dance, Dance, Dance the night away" with 64,999 other drunken fans. They could easily mix a handful of stadium shows in to a tour. LA, NY, midwest, Texas and arenas the bulk of it.

An entire tour of stadiums no. That would take Mike being back, a solid new album, and actually having some publicity. And since in reality they make just as much money from a tour like 07/08, what's the benefit for them?

Maybe headline a couple stadium festivals would be cool. I'd really like to see them once in a big time venue since I was too young to go to US Festival.

But hey, I'll pony up to see them at Flo's Diner if that's where they are gonna play. Maybe then they will respond to me shouting "play Dirty Movies!!!!".

Am I dreaming? Probably. But WTF? If you're gonna dream, dream big.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        Aldo Nova had three songs? I can't remember anything besides his "Life Is Just A Fantasy" ode to cocaine addiction.

Maybe they could just play that 3 times?
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

[QUOTE=lonnieg5;1515478]Hey guys,
          Forgive me for asking a question that is so obvious to most of you, but I'm a guy with zero studio experience.

What exactly does a producer do? Give direction the the band on the way to play or arrange songs?
          Is he also the one who makes the album sound great sonically? When the bass thumps and the highs just sizzle, I've heard the term "good production" used to describe that.

I'm assuming that he has some input on songwriting, since I read that some of you are nervous that John Shanks worked with Bon Jovi.

Confused yet? When I was 18 I had a scholarship to USC for biology. I instead walked into GIT and sat down in the first class of the day for Production School. The next day I went to the University. I decided that I was not able to be a producer that day, and it took ten years for me to wind up producing my own music. Producers most times could not make the liner notes. But when a band chooses them, they must NOT be asking for a cheerleader. Does that make any sense? Again Sonic is the Engineer....the rocks and pebbles and cement of the road...the band. So you tell me....What does a producer do? I say: Produce My Band.

Nuts and bolts? They help with Harmonies...memories....theories...symmetries. They are what the manager sometimes wants to talk to. They should at their very best.....stop the band from disintegrating. They function like editors but edit nothing. They shit and mark, but should leave no trace. Confused yet?

Summed up by his Tweet: Thunder big drums ect.....he needs to know what the band sounds like...and make them remember it also.
          Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-22-2011, 02:23 AM. Reason: I had to modulate.
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• vaijuju
            Sniper
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Thread title changed, I'm not giving the Tasmanian Devil any fucking credit.....

http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
              Whatever the case though, my excitement is limited without Michael Anthony...
              Have you tried a lubricant?

Comment

• CROWBAR
                Commando
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                Who gives a fuck about Triumph? Like that would really pack 'em in. May as well be Loverboy or Aldo Nova.
                I don't know about that, back in the day they put on a helluva live show for us oldtimers. Three talented musicians that I would put up against anybody. I doubt they would ever tour with VHIV simply because they don't want to open, that's how highly they think of themselves. Some might say that's egotistical, but in reality they know they can play. None of 'em are slouches by any means.

Originally posted by Terry
                For fuck's sake, please spare me a "career spanning" Van Halen box set.

Van Hagar has had multiple live releases on dvd and cd.

Please don't link the eras together. I really don't feel like buying a bunch of Van Hagar shit to get to the CVH goodies (I'd presume would be) included.

Fucking hell. It's just at the rumor stage, and already I'm pissed off.
                I totally agree with ya. DO NOT mix the eras! Better yet, don't even bother with Van Hagar. They've had their moment in the sun.

Van Halen is Dave Edward Alex and MICHAEL ANTHONY, period!
                This part. Always was, always will be.

Originally posted by vaijuju
                They forgot to ENLARGE the C there.

Originally posted by Unchainme
                Van Halen doesn't need a 2nd band to tour with.
                In the past, I would have agreed with this, but now they might have to have a second band opening. They ain't no spring chickens anymore dude. From their showing of the last tour, they definitely need to relearn the songs and play them better in order to go solo and no opener imo. Especially if they're going to be charging outrageous prices again. I ain't paying to see Tubbo just stand around there and twiddle his thumbs.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

They should tour with sabbath again
                  I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                  Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

So Sabbath can blow them off stage ??

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Sabbath can barely blow out all the candles on a birthday cake.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

If Sabbath wants to blow Van Halen off stage, they can get in line behind Connie Hamzy like everyone else.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

gotta admit it would be kinda cool though

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Just like they did in 1978, right?
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

hey you never know,Im sure i heard Ozzy is planning to get active this year

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                                Sniper
                                • Oct 2009

Ozzy is one of the most, if not THE most active classic rock artists still going...
                                Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

Working...