New VH Footage !!!! 2012 tickets on sale Jan 10th!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antman
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

VH is the no. 1 trend on Yahoo right now. Started reading the comments and it wasn't pretty. Stopped after about a hundred "no Mike, no VH" comments. Tough crowd.
    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Antman
      VH is the no. 1 trend on Yahoo right now. Started reading the comments and it wasn't pretty. Stopped after about a hundred "no Mike, no VH" comments. Tough crowd.
      I say let'em go see Chickenfoot. I support Roth - period. Oh, and for all the Roth haters that pop on this board to talk shit - deal with it and kiss ass.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• fifth element
        Commando
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Fairwrning
        So how long til Sammy makes a statement regarding his ( and Mikey ) not being a part of this project??

I say 72 hrs max.
        i'll take 48 hours....
        “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• rocknrolldork
          Foot Soldier
          • Jun 2004

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! Album and tour!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Antman

Meh, we don't need them. We didn't have them in 2007/2008 and look how that tour did. Love how VH is trending #1 with 1 simple B&W video to a 30 year old song and a little information. One email at 1:53 am to rock the turkey overstuffed sleepy public. It's like in Christmas Story finding that 1 present from Santa after everything else is unwrapped.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• fifth element
              Commando
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Fairwrning
              Has there ever been 97 users browsing a single thread before??

4+ hours later and still 82 users browsing....CMON, all you guests...join up so we can hear what you have to say!
              “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                I think maybe people should try and give Wolfgang a chance at this point.

It was obviously a joke 4 years ago but he's grown up now. There is a huge difference between being 17 and 21, his dad wasn't much older when he recorded VH1.
                Well, the thing of it is, and not trying to be a smarmy git about it either, at this point one either accepts what the band is these days or one doesn't.

It's understandable if someone decides to let 'em go under the premise that Van Halen essentially ended in 1985.

Myself, I'm interested in seeing what they can come up with. To be frank, I wasn't exactly bowled over with Roth's last two solo recordings, so it's not just Eddie that is an uncertain quantity to me re: Van Halen Mach 4.

If Wolfgang is a necessary component toward Roth and Eddie moving forward together, well, so be it. As long as the effort smacks of effort and sincerity, I suppose Anthony not being there is something I can deal with. Truth be told, as a fan there are times where I feel they should just call it a day. Seeing the boots of the earlier shows of the last tour, the band sounded strong. By the time I saw 'em on that tour, it was embarrassing.

But, whatever. Fuck it. Let 'em rev it up and take another shot. After everything else that has transpired and all the bullshit that has went down, it'd be good to see them release a solid album and hit the road; wind the enterprise down on an upbeat note rather than a sullen, cowering whimper.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                  Meh, we don't need them. We didn't have them in 2007/2008 and look how that tour did. Love how VH is trending #1 with 1 simple B&W video to a 30 year old song and a little information. One email at 1:53 am to rock the turkey overstuffed sleepy public. It's like in Christmas Story finding that 1 present from Santa after everything else is unwrapped.
                  It was a sweet surprise..

Comment

• WARF
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

First off it, I have to say this is the best fucking news I have heard here since it's inception. I hope these years of affliction have finally paid off! Van Halen as most people are aware is my number one passion in music. I've been waiting 27 years for this album to come out... and I really hope it delivers this goods. I am not expecting a sequel to fair warning or a tour with dave jumping twenty feet off of a drumriser... those days have been long gone... fuck... these guys are approaching 60. This album will NOT be anything like the 6 pack... but it will be atleast the 7th best Van Halen album... and that is perfectly alright with me. I am beyond excited about having an actual possible release date 2/7 for this... I could fucking jizz in my pants right now!!!

Van Halen is back!!!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Hey, it is unacceptable that spEd does not play nice and get Mikey back in the band.

But, if it is a choice between not going to see them, or going to see them, FUCK YES I will go to see them. Though Dave's schtick these days appears more scripted than off the cuff like it was back in the day, so fucking what? Just because I bitch because the original 4 don't go out on tour does not mean I don't want to see the 3/4 version.....

I missed the last tour, and I am not about to let it happen this time. I will take what I can get, as long as Spambot The Incontinent is not involved.

Oh and YEAH! What WARF said!
                      Last edited by Hardrock69; 12-27-2011, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

I Love Hair Pie.
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• TJMKID
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

"Eddie Van Halen" was the #2 most cited topic on Google News earlier this afternoon ---- Sergey and Larry must've been blowin' their loads on that one.

BTW ---- who's the fat chick runnin' the camcorder onstage? Someone else on here says it's none other than Mrs. Alex Van Halen ---- truth or rumor ???

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Ok, I'll be the only kid on the block to piss on the Christmas tree...How much greater would this news be, this video be, if Mikey was up there playing bass and singing??? Don't get me wrong - I paid good money to go see the last tour - opening night. And I fucking LOVED every minute of it! And I am so excited about the news that they are going on tour next year, and that they supposedly are going to release a new record. I WILL support whatever they put out. And I'm glad that the video release minimizes Wolfie to the point of being almost nonexistent. But, and I hate to say it, it's just not Van Halen. And I'm not saying I won't buy the record and play it until the laser in my CD player nearly burns a hole into it. I will, and I'll be happy about it. But it just ain't Van Fucking Halen.
                            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

Yes. Only Squire still there in some ways.
                              Beatles. Only Ringo and Paul.
                              Tull. Ian Anderson and the numerous Guitarists.

Cry me a fucking river.

Meanwhile....I will be off eating Chickenshit's lunch.

And btw...MA's much vaunted vocals on the that album...sorry...without Dave as the Choir leader....I heard fucking nothing exciting. Spammy cannot plan a chorus that even fucking uses MA well. Wow! A One Held Note Chorus! Spectfuckting Spammy Spectacular.

I love MA, I feel bad....but I got over it.

I loved banging the old chick but that will not stop me banging the new chick. If you do not understand Unchained (oops spelling) Change, (nothing stays the same) then Van Halen is not your band. Make your own band then and impress us.

MA is Happy. Van Halen is better. The people dogging on Dave and the Band still look like Elvis Costello.
                              Last edited by SunisinuS; 12-27-2011, 01:13 AM. Reason: Live long enough and all you will ever do is tell stories of the "good old days".
                              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Dan
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                                Yes. Only Squire still there in some ways.
                                Beatles. Only Ringo and Paul.
                                Tull. Ian Anderson and the numerous Guitarists.

Cry me a fucking river.

Meanwhile....I will be off eating Chickenshit's lunch.

And btw...MA's much vaunted vocals on the that album...sorry...without Dave as the Choir leader....I heard fucking nothing exciting. Spammy cannot plan a chorus that even fucking uses MA well. Wow! A One Held Note Chorus! Spectfuckting Spammy Spectacular.

I love MA, I feel bad....but I got over it.

I loved banging the old chick but that will not stop me banging the new chick. If you do not understand Unchained (oops spelling) Change, (nothing stays the same) then Van Halen is not your band. Make your own band then and impress us.

MA is Happy. Van Halen is better. The people dogging on Dave and the Band still look like Elvis Costello.
                                No Wonder I Drink Reading Your Posts.
                                Last edited by Dan; 12-27-2011, 01:31 AM. Reason: I Really Do Drink After Reading His Posts.
                                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...