New VH Footage !!!! 2012 tickets on sale Jan 10th!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coyote
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by scottydabodi
    I think they will rock-the last tour had TONS of high points, and very few low points. Their show at MSG in NYC '07 is considered phenomenal by all my hardcore VH friends that went. I think the tour will rock... the new album, however, I'm a little nervous about. They should've just re-recorded the DLR Band album, it only sold like 30,000 copies, and totally rocked. Very few people would know the difference!
    Nah, that wouldn't be the right thing to do. I just hope they're not slacking with the sounds of this alleged new album, 'cause the bar is set quite high.
    Not just by the past, but also by peers and contenders, old and new. (And yeah, there's only one Van Halen. But does the general populace beyond American borders know that? 'Cause this band's borderline esoteric...)
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• aesop
      Commando
      • Oct 2004

At least the DLR band shows Roth still knows how to write for Van Halen. That's all that matters. Bring it!
      Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• scottydabodi
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Coyote
        Nah, that wouldn't be the right thing to do. I just hope they're not slacking with the sounds of this alleged new album, 'cause the bar is set quite high.
        Not just by the past, but also by peers and contenders, old and new. (And yeah, there's only one Van Halen. But does the general populace beyond American borders know that? 'Cause this band's borderline esoteric...)
        Got my fingers crossed, Coyote!!
        If you listen to fools
        The Mob Rules

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Grit
          Just got on the web after long holiday weekend . . . Awesome Gift from VH! Cant wait for the 1st single to hit radio!!!!
          Yeah tickets go on sale in 15 days! Not sure where the fuck they are playing though. Hopefully they will come to a venue near you.

Comment

• aesop
            Commando
            • Oct 2004

Check out this article from Entertainment Weekly - Nothing new news-wise, but the author hates Spammy and doesn't try to hide it!! Ha.
            Van Halen back on the road again in 2012

I am more adamant about than the superiority of Roth over Sammy Hagar. Roth is one of the greatest frontmen in history, a true showman who added that extra bit of showbiz spark to the band’s sometimes stoic approach. In the midst of Eddie’s obsessive guitar wankery, Roth reminded everybody that rock and roll is supposed to be fun.
            Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
              You guys rippin on Al & wife are missing the point. If Al is happy, we win. If Dave is not attracted to Als wife, we win. Hell, maybe he finally found real love. God knows he's had more than his fair share of extreme hotties over the years. Perhaps he just finally met a woman he actually liked more than just a piece of ass. Maybe she isn't money hungry too. I don't see any expensive jewelry on her or thousand dollar hair-do or tons of plastic surgery. Just a regular lady.

Rock on Alex!
              Alex wins as well: Dave won't feel like seducing his wife this time, he won't even think about it!

Dave's going out with a big she-dog now anyway!
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DiverDowninKy
                What up twona? Yeah took a "little" break but I'm back! Just hope this shit is legit.....
                DDKY!!!

Holy shitballs!!!

Welcome back!...Well...welcome to to the army...hell man...we haven't talked since the first year or so of VonPa's site...sit...the news is bringing out everyone!!!!

Good to see you hombre!!!
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                  Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Old school on the army this week! Hooray!

Oh dear.

Comment

• mohican
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by aesop
                    Check out this article from Entertainment Weekly - Nothing new news-wise, but the author hates Spammy and doesn't try to hide it!! Ha.
                    Van Halen back on the road again in 2012
                    Good article. This is the last paragraph:

"So here comes the key question: Which version of Van Halen do you prefer? There are very few pop culture issues I am more adamant about than the superiority of Roth over Sammy Hagar. Roth is one of the greatest frontmen in history, a true showman who added that extra bit of showbiz spark to the band’s sometimes stoic approach. In the midst of Eddie’s obsessive guitar wankery, Roth reminded everybody that rock and roll is supposed to be fun. Hagar is a perfectly acceptable singer, though his charisma has always paled in comparison to Roth’s, and Hagar seemed to indulge the rest of the band’s more pretentious impulses (which is ironic considering much of Hagar’s solo output surrounds the awesomeness of blue margaritas). The less said about Gary Cherone, the better."

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Feb 2004

Really stoked to finally hear a new Van HALEN album for the first time in 28 years!

Great to see Dave dancing and sliding around in that video clip - definitely looks more comfortable and mobile than he did during that 2007-08 tour.

I think one of the key reasons Van HALEN has had such a loyal following, despite the ongoing drama the sisters have put us through, is the fact that CVH always conveyed the message of "fun". The fun died when DLR left the band in 1985.

Without hearing a note of new music, that brief 2 minute video clip demonstrated more fun and enthusiasm than anything they've done since 1984. CVH is back, baby!
                      Last edited by Roth & Roll; 12-27-2011, 02:01 PM.
                      http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Is it just me, or is the whole Dave-dance thing exactly the kind of silliness that pissed the guys off in '96? And he's already doing it in the promo video? Looks like they got over it and realized Dave is gonna be Dave (and that's a GOOD thing)...!

Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Southpaw
                          Roadie
                          • Jan 2009

xmas eve an day off... repeat fantasy football champ... VH gonna tour....nice

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                            Is it just me, or is the whole Dave-dance thing exactly the kind of silliness that pissed the guys off in '96? And he's already doing it in the promo video? Looks like they got over it and realized Dave is gonna be Dave (and that's a GOOD thing)...!

I don't think the sisters have a problem with Dave dancing around and being silly - what pissed them off in '96 was that he was doing it behind Beck's back and stealing the spotlight from him while he was accepting an award.

Letting "Dave be Dave" in the context of a Van HALEN performance is part of the magical equation.
                            http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Roth & Roll
                              I don't think the sisters have a problem with Dave dancing around and being silly - what pissed them off in '96 was that he was doing it behind Beck's back and stealing the spotlight from him while he was accepting an award.

Letting "Dave be Dave" in the context of a Van HALEN performance is part of the magical equation.
                              I see your point, but let's be real...Dave stole the spotlight from Beck (who stole the one-word name association from it's rightful owner, JEFF), just by BEING ON THE STAGE...no dancing was required.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

I swear the VH Public Relations Machine looks like it is still run by a clown car full of future DECA students......

Originally posted by Kristy
                                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Working...