Roth Army will be represented at Cafe Wha? This Thursday !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
    Well, not every detail. I'm pretty certain we can live without the disgruntled remarks about being turned down by a few MILFs after announcing "Hey, I'm WARF from the ROTH ARMY. Wanna party for a few moments behind the dumpster?"
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Am on nightshift tonight uk time , and when i get back am gonna pull up a chair, some beer ( lots of beer) and read about warf's adventure ........
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• fryingdutchman
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
        "you probably don't know this, but i'm pretty famous on the Internet."
        WARF's new avatar....he's kind of a big deal

Originally posted by perilouspete
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jagermeister
          Would it be frowned upon if WARF were to record this event?
          There pretty specific about what they will and won't allow tonight. Remember, this is a journalist event...

They have some freedom...more than we'd have at a normal show.
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Jagermeister
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            There pretty specific about what they will and won't allow tonight. Remember, this is a journalist event...

They have some freedom...more than we'd have at a normal show.
            From an historical perspective, it would be a shame for this not be recorded, cause you know it may be the last stuff we get for another 20+ years. I know that sounds pessimistic but.....I can see someone wanting this bootleg really bad someday. Cafe Wha? 1/5/12

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              "We had two bags of grass, pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

Last edited by chefcraig; 01-05-2012, 02:39 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I must say, this holiday season is the gift that keeps on giving. I honestly don't think I've been sober for three consecutive nights since on or about Thanksgiving, so I see no need to break the trend now.
                :bottle:
                Which Thanksgiving?

I was talking to a doctor about this the other night and he said taking 2 days off was just as good as taking January off.

Admittedly he was a doctor I met in a bar...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                  From an historical perspective, it would be a shame for this not be recorded, cause you know it may be the last stuff we get for another 20+ years. I know that sounds pessimistic but.....I can see someone wanting this bootleg really bad someday. Cafe Wha? 1/5/12
                  This is where I'm hoping Interscope's influence will kick in, although it's pretty clear they're balls deep already....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    This is where I'm hoping Interscope's influence will kick in, although it's pretty clear they're balls deep already....
                    So does Warner still own the rights to all the other (6) Van Halen albums?

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Someone will boot this show, bank on it!

We might not get a live stream but you can bet your ass there'll be digital recorders there!
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• TJMKID
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                        Oh, I'm invited my friend. We ALL are invited. WARF isn't going with a ticket for 1......he is going with eyes of 5,000. He will have the burden of representing every single one of us, member or guest, who have put in long nights on these boards perusing & analyzing every little fart that came off of howdy doody mountain the last 15 years.

WARF is carrying a lot of responsibility on his shoulders tonite ----- no wonder he's probably already shit-faced ----- will he even make it to the gig standing up?

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

"We had two bags of grass, pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

What's more Gonzo than WARF covering an event!
                          Originally posted by vandeleur
                          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• VHscraps
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2009

I used to love listening to the soundtrack of the movie of Fear and Loathing ... when, after that statement of intent, it went into 'One Toke Over the Line'. Viz:

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by TJMKID
                              WARF is carrying a lot of responsibility on his shoulders tonite ----- no wonder he's probably already shit-faced ----- will he even make it to the gig standing up?
                              I heard from this AM he's on a bus to the city.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by kwame k
                                Someone will boot this show, bank on it!

We might not get a live stream but you can bet your ass there'll be digital recorders there!
                                I hope so. With today's technology it should be an easy deal. Fuck a new iphone would do the trick.

Comment

Working...