X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
    Uh....the "same old Dave" is EXACTLY what we want....and are willing to pay dearly for & drive hundreds upon hundreds of miles with toothpicks holding our eyelids open and a beer can between the legs. yes, the "same old Dave" is what sells tickets, makes fans happy, and makes the music magic.

Ticket sales...sheesh. More people took a pee during Alex's solo than were at the last Chickenface show.

Dave doesn't need Mike to suck his dick...

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Dave doesn't need Mike to suck his dick...

How did you get that out of what I wrote?

No, Dave doesn't need Mike to suck his dick. But Mike could show a little respect to the guy, which the more I read I see he just can't bring himself to do.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• hambon4lif
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
        I remember watching that and just feeling good about what Dave did and how he handled it. That's class.
        I thought that also. Dave knew Ray Daniels was a fucking piece of shit, and he knew in time, the rest of the world would figure that out, too.

(the '96 VMA's was, to date, the very last time I saw my favorite band together onstage. It obviously means fuck-all to alot of folks, but it means alot to me.)

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Lol at Scraps....."The Crimson Clown".

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by hambon4lif
            (the '96 VMA's was, to date, the very last time I saw my favorite band together onstage. It obviously means fuck-all to alot of folks, but it means alot to me.)
            Agree. Watching that was mind blowing and the following week or so afterwards it felt like all was right in the world. I'll never forget that feeling.
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Agree. Watching that was mind blowing and the following week or so afterwards it felt like all was right in the world. I'll never forget that feeling.

But with all we know I have a hard time watching that moment without giving the 3 others the stink eye. Dave stated Alex was telling him to "ham it up Dave" and egging him on. And you can tell Mike knows the whole thing is a sham the way he is giggling along with Alex behind Dave. And Eddie grabs Dave & moves him away from them?

Fuck those guys at that time. They shit on Dave. they shit on the fans.

But yeah...at the time it was incredible. I was ready to rent an RV and follow them around on tour.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• loucap81
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2012

Am I the only one who shrugs his shoulders at this? MA was asked questions, he threw in his two cents, he didn't say anything particularly interesting, and that's that. I don't read much more into it than that. Yeah he'd probably like to play for VH again but if you were in his shoes, wouldn't you? Also without the Ched Rocker he'd really be out of options musically speaking.

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                  Sniper
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by loucap81
                  Am I the only one who shrugs his shoulders at this? MA was asked questions, he threw in his two cents, he didn't say anything particularly interesting, and that's that. I don't read much more into it than that. Yeah he'd probably like to play for VH again but if you were in his shoes, wouldn't you? Also without the Ched Rocker he'd really be out of options musically speaking.
                  Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with his answers, and when it came to slamming VH, he said he didn't want to talk about it. Fair enough.

Comment

• gbranton
                    Veteran
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
                    Tastes superb on your grouper soup.
                    LOL, it amuses me every time you make a grouper soup comment.
                    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Alot of people here thought the same damn thing!! (should I link?)

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?
                      He is Michael Anthony, not Tom Schmuck - blog writer to the Stars. I expect better. "I don't want to comment..." But then he goes ahead and does exactly that.

I am not impressed
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• hambon4lif
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

It was pandemonium! I was sitting in a room filled with people that threw beer bottles across the room and screaming "DUDE!! THEY'RE FUCKING BACK!!!". The phone was ringing off the hook. It was beautiful insanity.
                        A few days later, the local radio station got an advanced copy of "Me Wise Magic", and they were instructed by their management NOT to play it until the following Monday. They said "Fuck this! Lock the door to the DJ booth, 'cause we're playing this right fucking now!!". Everyone felt the euphoria. The Kings were back!!

Dave wasn't the only one guilty of believing in magic....we all were.

For a true Van Halen fan, September '96 was a great time to celebrate and be alive. The fantastic 4 were back, and they were going to kick your fucking ass into oblivion.
                        It made me extremely cynical how it played out, but that was an awesome fucking feeling while it lasted.

that is it, and that is all!

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

Especially given your stance on Motley Crue, when you know deep down in your soul that the Motley album with Corabi fucking CRUSHES anything they did with D.U.I.
                          I can't agree with that in the least. I didn't particularly care for the Corabi album, while I love Too Fast, Shout, Theater, Girls and Dr Feelgood. I don't feel like they have done anything particularly strong since then and I think they are in a rut that will prevent them from doing so in the future. Regardless, when I pay to see the Crue, I expect to see Vince up there on stage.
                          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jetstream
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Dec 2011

I could care less what Michael Anthony has to say, all I know is that my favorite hard rock band has a 21 year old kid that plays better than the original bass player...I'm a happy VH fan, all is good
                            I got lost in the...

Comment

• hambon4lif
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                              I can't agree with that in the least. I didn't particularly care for the Corabi album, while I love Too Fast, Shout, Theater, Girls and Dr Feelgood. I don't feel like they have done anything particularly strong since then and I think they are in a rut that will prevent them from doing so in the future. Regardless, when I pay to see the Crue, I expect to see Vince up there on stage.
                              It's a very under-rated album. Even if it was just a demo from an unknown band shopping around for a label, they would've definitely been signed. It's a seriously heavy, and very well-written album.

I'm all for the original line-up of any band, but when people start talking shit about an original member of my favorite band, we're going to have more than a few problems.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

The Corabi Crue album smoked. Seriously underrated. That is another case where the band probably should have changed the name, and an example of the opposite-Van Hagar effect, in that both were polar opposites of their original incarnations musically... unlike Van Hagar, the Crue with Corabi.... didn't suck.

Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...