• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by NIN1211
    Caught what?
    Not gonna get into it again, my theory is posted in another thread somewhere.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Ed's got a winning combination of innovative technique and, even more important, memorable songwriting ability.

Satriani is a good technical player (although I wouldn't necessarily say his technique was innovative), but has as yet to come up with a memorable tune.

Even though Mike has put his lot in with Hagar (it's not like Mike had much of a choice), I don't really feel any ill will towards the guy. As someone else said, Mike is generally just far more diplomatic in his comments regarding Van Halen than the charmless Hagar is.

It would be a pretty neat thing if at some point Mike rejoins the Van Halens and Roth onstage again...or records with them again. While Wolfgang has proven his abilities with ADKOT and the current version of Van Halen wouldn't be doing what they are doing without I suspect more than a bit of instigation on his part, at some point it would be a really cool gesture if Mike could play with the band again...even for a one-off. As it has already been said, it would be a way for the whole unit to come full-circle and make the reunion complete...a gesture of class and goodwill to the fans...if everyone involved would want something like that to happen.

If not, well, whatever. Way I see it, considering where things stood in the first half of 2006, everything that has happened since is just icing.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
        I don't believe the smokescreen either. I do think it's something health related; however, I don't think it's Ed...
        The same thought has crossed my mind more than once.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• KSTONER
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Jul 2011

I'm a bit confused...who's the health concern for now if not Ed? Anyone care to throw a link to a thread my way?

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Nah, it's just speculation. I bet Dave has post-nasal drip....

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• mohican
              Head Fluffer
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Angel
              Nah, it's just speculation. I bet Dave has post-nasal drip....

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
              Caused by seasonal allergy?

Comment

• Inside.intel
                Full On Cocktard
                • May 2012

But notice i think on the jinx? part won’t happen Dave is the one whooping Sammy ass he wishes it was him back singing to be honest Dave making a full recovery I’ve seen some new pic of their latest show they sure are getting along dude he calls it the super-sized show on his return monster show plus a concert show would be killer Dave and Eddie and his song has a big future. gr8 post!!!!
                Live Right here in Nashville TN always had and always will the smile with the style the voice that leaves you no choice I heard you missed me, I'm back!!!! thank you very much and how the hell are ya!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
                  Man, you missed a lot then. In his book he talked a lot of how Mike was a workhorse & how he and Mike would load up all the gear into the truck or car and haul it around. Called Mike extremely dependable, reliable, good guy, etc... He has echoed these comments many times since as well.
                  He said that on his radio show once years later when he was pushing for a reunion but I don't think he said it in the book. I can't check because I loaned out both my copies a while back.

I do know that he doesn't once mention him by name. To write a biography and not mention your bass players name a single time speaks volumes and was clearly a snub. Maybe watching someone get paid more royalties without writing the stuff having the nerve to bitch about you all the time in the press was hard to take.

I also know that Anthony offered a number of times to play with Dave on the Dave/Sammy tour and Dave refused.
                  Last edited by Seshmeister; 05-25-2012, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• Yount
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2012

From his book, I remember reading "Mike, not sure really. Likes to have a drink."

Comment

• Junglestuds
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Jan 2012

exactly! spot on!, I think he also learned that from spammy

Comment

• Zing!
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SNIPER
                        Nice guy or not. Original member forever indeed, but I don't trust the guy anymore.
                        That's where I'm at with MA. He gets a free pass from me just for his 6-pack contribution and dedication to the band, but years of hanging around Haggar are clearly having an effect on on Mike. Where once he was an all-around nice guy who wouldn't say a bad word about anyone - he now comes across as somewhat negative and bitter in his answers. Nowhere near Haggar territory, of course, but that friendship is slowly changing him for the worse. Wish he'd dump Haggar and just do his own thing.
                        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

I remember DAVE saying he'd like to "seperate" MA's shoulder as much "as shake his hand".

Now....."That's comedy."

Comment

• Halen High
                            Commando
                            • Jul 2004

The Michael Anthony situation is a real conundrum for me. For many years my position was... Mike was a member of the original four so will always command respect. And today, that is still true. But the thing is, my respect is more confined to the Mike of 1974-1984 rather than the Mike of recent years. I remember an interview he gave in the late 90s in which he categorically stated that he was against Dave ever returning to the band. Why? I can only imagine it was out of loyalty to Hagar. So in other words Mike's position was; to hell with what the vast majority of the fans want or what's best for this band's legacy...I just want my buddy as frontman.

Then we have his contribution to Hagar's book in which he raved on about Hagar taking Van Halen to "another level" (despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary). Again, he shows a complete lack of respect for Dave, even though it was Dave and Eddie who were the creative force behind Van Halen, and by association, made Mike a very wealthy and famous guy. And surely he read Hagar's book and saw the blatant and pathetic untrue description of CVH's live performances. Yet he says nothing despite the fact that the insecure Hagar is trashing HIS band!!! Then worse...he endorses the book. Go figure...

I just wish he'd move away from Hagar and put together his own project.
                            Last edited by Halen High; 05-25-2012, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Halen High
                              And surely he read Hagar's book and saw the blatant and pathetic untrue description of CVH's live performances. Yet he says nothing despite the fact that the insecure Hagar is trashing HIS band!!! Then worse...he endorses the book. Go figure...
                              He could even have endorsed it by saying something nice about Hagar like 'Sammy is a thoughtful guy, he always gives me a little warning so that I don't choke when he cums."

Instead he states ' If Sammy says it happened, it did.'

That makes the bass player a big stinky liar too in my book.

Another way to look at it is that Van Halen with Anthony would be 3/4s Van Hagar, compare MWM with the new stuff.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Inside.intel
                                But notice i think on the jinx? part won’t happen Dave is the one whooping Sammy ass he wishes it was him back singing to be honest Dave making a full recovery I’ve seen some new pic of their latest show they sure are getting along dude he calls it the super-sized show on his return monster show plus a concert show would be killer Dave and Eddie and his song has a big future. gr8 post!!!!
                                I was under the impression people spoke english in Tennessee...

Comment

Working...