• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WARF
    You got the bootlegs, 7 great albums...
    And the dancing. Don't forget the dancing.

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Lets ponder this actually happening and then tell me VH today sucks.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
        Lets ponder this actually happening and then tell me VH today sucks.
        Eddie's favorite version of Van Halen!!
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          And the dancing. Don't forget the dancing.

I can't watch this Liberace shit! It's embarrassing! The sliding around and the jazz hands shit is gay as fuck!
          The Roth Show and interviews are superior to anything you're gonna see live on stage from the band. I can't watch this crap, or that horrible song about his plastic chair... Bring back Mikey for one show, or I don't give a shit anymore! I think it's important to remember the legend of DLR from 78-91 and from 98-02.... those were his best years. Van Halen put out their best album since 1984. There is just that last piece of the reunion puzzle. I don't think Ed will do that for the fans, he's never given us what we wanted and when he gave us Roth it was a decade too late. So that's it fellas... Give us a studio album, or a Mikey reunion... but I could care less about watching any live performances if DLR is just going through the motions.
          Last edited by WARF; 06-20-2013, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

I can't watch this Liberace shit! It's embarrassing! The sliding around and the jazz hands shit is gay as fuck!
            The Roth Show and interviews are superior to anything you're gonna see live on stage from the band. I can't watch this crap, or that horrible song about his plastic chair... Bring back Mikey for one show, or I don't give a shit anymore! I think it's important to remember the legend of DLR from 78-91 and from 98-02.... those were his best years. Van Halen put out their best album since 1984. There is just that last piece of the reunion puzzle. I don't think Ed will do that for the fans, he's never given us what we wanted and when he gave us Roth it was a decade too late. So that's it fellas... Give us a studio album, or a Mikey reunion... but I could care less about watching any live performances if DLR is just going through the motions.
            c'mon, leave the chair song alone...
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• WARF
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
              c'mon, leave the chair song alone...
              Come on dude! Dave can't go out like that man! The Thermo Plastic chair song or whatever the fuck it's called was pretty horrible.

Plus he stole that concept from Depeche Mode enjoy the silence!

Let's roll on to the sidewalk and take a look yes!

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

And Enjoy The Silence from Depeche Mode....

Same fucking video!!!

Play them at the same time and see for yourself!
                Last edited by WARF; 06-21-2013, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

I didn't watch the dp vid, do they walk their dogs too? anyway, HE ain't "goin' out" anytime soon. the current version of "our favorite band", maybe so.
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• WARF
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                    I didn't watch the dp vid, do they walk their dogs too? anyway, HE ain't "goin' out" anytime soon. the current version of "our favorite band", maybe so.
                    Depeche Mode "Enjoy The Silence" and "Plastic Thermo Faggot Chair" are the same video, play them at the same time! The only thing that's missing is the dog, and the lame burger king suit.

Comment

• katina
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      I'm kinda baffled by the discussion, although it's nice to see this kind of discussion again without the vitriol....

But I gotta ask, what are you actually expecting from a 58-year old frontman?

Sure, Dave's still in phenomenal shape even for someone fucking 15 years younger than 58, but he's still 58 !!

A handful of kicks that barely reach head-level now? Again, PHENOMENAL for his age, but I don't see that being such a big deal, honestly.....

The guy's smiling all the time as well....

I just think those that think he's bored or whatever need to take his (their) age into account more than they are....
                      And Dave sang better, no karate kicks, no sword act, no gigantic tattoo...why? Probably we will never know.

I want to thank Cato for recording and filming the Nagoya show, when it was forbidden, he sacrificed his own enjoyment to share it with us.
                      And I´m glad he did so, Dave is at an age that many musicians, performers, actors already have died...that would have been quite a different story.

Incredibly in a few hours, Van Halen is going to play at Tokio, I´m very happy for the japanese Van Halen fans !!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Depeche Mode "Enjoy The Silence" and "Plastic Thermo Faggot Chair" are the same video, play them at the same time! The only thing that's missing is the dog, and the lame burger king suit.
                        If he does a duet with Gary Cherone this planet deserves to be hit by an asteroid.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

one is waxing philosophic about life, the other is whining about a bitch. they do both carry something to sit on. one is resilient, sturdy, familiar, travel tested, supports more than it should and makes me happy. the other is trashed after two summers and doesn't sit well.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Come on dude! Dave can't go out like that man! The Thermo Plastic chair song or whatever the fuck it's called was pretty horrible.

Plus he stole that concept from Depeche Mode enjoy the silence!

Let's roll on to the sidewalk and take a look yes!
                            It plain su
                            cks. It sounds like a Sesame Street song sung by a pedafile that smokes too much.

It plain sucks. It sounds like a Sesame Street song sung by a pedafile that smokes too much.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              It plain sucks. It sounds like a Sesame Street song sung by a pedafile that smokes too much.
                              oh GOD, what's with you?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Van Halen is legend. They all could screw the pooch right now and it's too late to ruin their legacy. When they all are buried in Forrest Lawn or wherever the hell they end up, the music will still be there.

Comment

Working...