• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Headly1984
    wonder why Chevy named the Camaro a Z28

Didn't Delorean get in trouble selling chit ?
    The Z-28 came about years before Delorean got entrapped by the FBI. They approached him with a drug deal, he said yes, gave them a few million dollars then they busted him. Not sure what happened to the millions he paid for nothing.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Terry
      (does anyone outside of Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan even DO cocaine anymore? seems like an antiquated drug to me).
      Very popular in certain circles in benidorm last summer ;-)
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Northern Girl
        What's an 8-ball?
        I too, hail from the goody-2-shoes category.

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

if you buy weed it is an eighth if you buy something that looks like a ball or rock it gets a nick name of ball if it is 1/8 of something people call it a hip term like eight ball
          They call an eighth of duff an 8 ball also. Duff is powdered cocaine.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

~$180-$300 depending on the quality ya want
            In the mid 80's I could get an 8 ball of coke for $75. And sell grams for $100.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

Bolivian Marching Powder.........................

ahhhhhh..the 90's!!!

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Cato
                yeah. they were also huge here in Japan at the time, especially among the retarded girls.

bought their greatest hits CD last year, just for nostalgia....
                I just want a pair of pants like that!!!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I got the vibe that Dave put himself in hyper-salesman overdrive. He knew that mixed reviews had already circulated about the "Floor" Jump. He gave a valiant effort to selling the idea of more danceable VH to follow. What makes me chuckle with all of this, "I talked to Al about this" chit chat is I keep thinking of the audio byte of Alex from the Early Years documentary where he sounds scathingly disgusted about the band ever being convinced to attempt "Dancing In The Street".

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

There kind of not held in such esteem since one was jailed as a kiddy fiddler and I think their manager got done to ...
                    Horrible fuckers
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

In Iowa an 8-ball is 40 oz. of Olde English 800.
                      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
                        In Iowa an 8-ball is 40 oz. of Olde English 800.
                        Same here. 8 ball is nassssttttyyy!! Does the trick tho.
                        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Matt White
                          I just want a pair of pants like that!!!

Yeah OK, you guys laugh now, but whatcha gonna say when Dave is wearing one of those outfits when Van Halen hits Glasgow ??

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Dave's been here quite a lot but I was just reading about one of the only times Van Halen have when they appeared at a legendary venue in Glasgow called 'The Apollo' on May 18th, 1978. I was too young to be there but a friend was and said they were amazing.

The Apollo Years / The Glasgow Apollo was Scotland's premier rock venue. Welcome to the only website dedicated to the memory of the world famous rock and pop venue, The Glasgow Apollo.

".....when Black Sabbath were supported by Van Halen. The tour was famous for its backstage partying, especially involving Ozzy Osbourne and Dave Lee Roth. Says Scott: "Presumably in an attempt to get to his drinking buddy, or to avoid yet another Eddie Van Halen guitar solo, diamond Dave exited stage right.

To his surprise, he found himself standing in the middle of Renfrew Lane. On turning around to run back into the theatre, he was confronted by one of the infamous Apollo bouncers. 'You'll need a backstage pass if you think yir cumin in here pal.' 'But I'm in the band,' Dave responded. 'Aye, right. On yir bike, pal. You look nothing like Ozzy.' No-one knows if he ever made it back to the stage."

Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-11-2013, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                              Full Member Status

• May 2010

8-Ball = 3 1/2 grams, like Headly said. If I remember correctly you could survive be a good dealer/user if you only did the 1/2 yourself and always sold the 3 grams, once you started doing more than the free (what we called it) 1/2 gram you would soon be just supporting your own habbit.

Rules to deal by or loose money by we never did it the right way but it is kinda like saving money every month we all try but damn shit doesn't stretch like we always wanted it.

I remember ( this friend of mine) doing a line of genuine Peruvian flake aprox'1984, about a 3 inch line. I (this friend of mine) leaned over the table and snorted it and stood up and it knocked me (this friend of mine) back against the wall 5 ft back .....WOW!!!

Everytime I see that photograph of the cannon ball shot in the belly, off that album, I get the shivers..lol.

War stories we all got e'm..lol.
                              Last edited by clarathecarrot; 03-11-2013, 10:46 PM.
                              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                                LOL. That got a thanks? Were you impressed that I didn't know what it was, or did you think I was being funny?

I really didn't know...I was a goody-two-shoes!!

Still am, I suppose...

You could rewrite that as, Smart/ Clear Thinking/ Not Dangerously Competative With Other Fools, just,.. a few words that could fit instead of, Goody Two Shoes..lol.

But, even in your sentence you are being compassionate towards others feelings.

You didn't miss anything you just did things different..and that is cool.
                                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

Working...