New EVH interview (Washington Post, April 2nd)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Look...

I don't wanna be an asshole...

I love you Sesh and I used to like you a lot...

You need to chill...

You dish it out but you can't take it...

Like you said, this place is supposed to be fun...

I gotta ask. Have you been drinking?

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

I had a couple glasses of red wine...

Does it show ??

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Little bit.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

Over an open fire, take a pan with some butter or olive oil and sliced garlic, then throw in some oysters and clams. Cook until they pop open, sop up the juice with French bread. Drink thy wine, then ask the folks in the next settlement if they have anything spare to smoke.

May your nights and skies be filled with wonder...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VetteLS5
              Commando
              • Mar 2012

Yeah...

Keep laughing...

It's beyond your wildest dreams...
              Tight space... seems tough to get good acoustics. images (1).jpg

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by chefcraig
                Over an open fire, take a pan with some butter or olive oil and sliced garlic, then throw in some oysters and clams. Cook until they pop open, sop up the juice with the bread. Drink thy wine, then ask the folks in the next settlement if they have anything spare to smoke.
                never, i repeat never, leave your settlement without smoke!
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                  never, i repeat never, leave your settlement without smoke!
                  My tribe even forgets toilet tissue, so you can imagine what I am dealing with in this Mad Max/Walking Dead scenario...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Amen to that !!

Fuck the world...

Comment

• Jetstream
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Dec 2011

Michael Anthony may be the one sitting on the vault...

We know he has some stuff and I think he was the smart guy in the band...
                      Mikey was not the smart guy, he is just really fucking stupid and that is why everyone always calls him the nice guy lol
                      I got lost in the...

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Like you said, this place is supposed to be fun...
                        And then you post all the conspiracy theory articles...not to mention the bible thumping...
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

geez...Sesh and E. get a room, you two...and make out a little...
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I don't follow you around and you know that...

You taunt me, continuously...

And you keep on threatening to ban me when you know I'm the traffic...

That's insane...

You should just leave me alone...

I don't have a horse in this race but this isn't what I see...more so E throwing out unsolicited and inflammatory digs at how the site has been ruined by Sesh and the like...drinking too much, etc. Am I off base? I don't follow it too closely mind you
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                              I don't have a horse in this race but this isn't what I see...more so E throwing out unsolicited and inflammatory digs at how the site has been ruined by Sesh and the like...drinking too much, etc. Am I off base? I don't follow it too closely mind you
                              so what? we always flamed the shit out of another! if Elvis thinks Sesh is ruining this site let him! I said it once and say it again...Elvis is a horrible pain in the ass sometimes but I will always pay that swamper respect. no Elvis no army...ban that fucker and I kindly let him use my account
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Jetstream
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                Are you excited to get back on the road?

A: Yeah! We are going out in July. We just did Jimmy Kimmel and the Ellen show. All of a sudden, [David Lee Roth] wants to do the live stuff. We said, “OK, great!” He never wanted to do it before.

Q: What was special about that night that made for such a great CD?

A: In the old days, to make a live record, you had to have a mobile truck following you everywhere and all the BS that comes along with it. Not to mention the money it costs. Nowadays, we’ve got a Pro Tools rig out by the console, and we just let it run every night. We have a couple hundred shows archived.

When it came to doing a live record, none of us wanted to sit there and listen to 200 shows to pick the best one. So we left it up to Dave.

[Drummer] Alex [Van Halen], [bassist] Wolfgang [Van Halen] and I were pretty consistent every night, [but] for a singer it’s more difficult. Because if the bus ride is too long, or you slept with the air conditioner on or the heater on and your throat is [messed] up, [it can change his voice].

Dave said, “How about Tokyo Dome?” We said fine. The bonus of that show was we didn’t have an opening act. So we played much longer. It’s about a 2-hour show. We got Bob Clearmountain to mix it. We were pretty involved with the mixing. Once we got the instruments sounding the way we wanted, we just let him go. He would send us mixes, and we would say, “Yeah, it sounds great. As long as you hear all the instruments and the vocals, that’s all you need.”

Q: Last time you toured, Wolfgang assembled the set list. Did he do it this time, and are you playing any songs this time out you didn’t play during the last tour?

A: That is yet to be seen. I’m hoping to play some other songs, but a lot of times that comes down to what Dave will sing and what he won’t. Wolf and I talk all the time and say, “Let’s throw this in. Let’s throw that in.” Ultimately, if Dave doesn’t want to sing them, then we can’t do them. I would love to throw in “Drop Dead Legs” and “Light Up the Sky.” All kinds of stuff. I think it would be a treat for the audience. Maybe we can convince him this time around

Q: How are things between you and David Lee Roth these days?

A: He is always off doing his own thing. Getting tattoos in Japan. He’s got an apartment over there. He’s got an apartment in New York. The relationship has always been the same, really. Just because he quit back in 1985 to pursue a solo career, the press I think made a bigger to-do out of our relationship being sour than we did, you know what I mean?

When [my son] Wolfgang joined the band, he was actually responsible for calling Dave and getting him back in the band.

Q: Will there ever be another Van Halen studio album?

A: After this touring cycle, we will probably hunker down and do a studio record. We certainly have enough material. It is a matter of timing and getting everybody together. That’s the only way it can be done.

We put out [“A Different Kind of Truth”] in 2012. But then you go onstage and play those new songs, and the audience looks at you like, “What’s this?” They really want to hear the classics.

Q: Is it frustrating that when you play a new song, the audience makes a beer run?

A: It’s kind of a double-edged sword. Thank God we have so many career tunes that people want to hear — songs they grew up on and that bring back memories of where they were and what party they were at and what chick they were with.

That’s what they remember and want to get back to. But at the same time, it would be nice to be able to put out new music that people would give a chance. Maybe 10 years from now stuff off of “A Different Kind of Truth” will be considered classic and people will want to hear those.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3WFAoXC6O
                                Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
                                The interesting aspect in this interview is that he does not mention Alex when talking about the set list. I think Alex has some say so too and it might not always coincide with Edward and his son but Edward strategically avoids mentioning it... Edward has on occasion said that Van Halen takes a democratic vote on songs and all things concerning the band in general and it could vey well be that Alex is the veto in the father and son suggestions as much as Dave when he sides with him
                                I got lost in the...

Comment

Working...