New EVH interview (Washington Post, April 2nd)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    so what? we always flamed the shit out of another! if Elvis thinks Sesh is ruining this site let him! I said it once and say it again...Elvis is a horrible pain in the ass sometimes but I will always pay that swamper respect. no Elvis no army...ban that fucker and I kindly let him use my account
    I don't really care...the post I responded to didn't seem to follow what I had seen is all. If anything, E is making it impossible for Sesh not to say something eventually after posting a 10th straight post about being an alcoholic followed by another 10 references about ruining the hallowed Roth Army...just saying that post I was quoting seemed like nonsense is all - based on just seeing what has been posted and not knowing any of the back story.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
      I don't have a horse in this race but this isn't what I see...more so E throwing out unsolicited and inflammatory digs at how the site has been ruined by Sesh and the like...drinking too much, etc. Am I off base? I don't follow it too closely mind you
      Nope, not off base at all...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Never was
        Foot Soldier
        • May 2012

Lost and economically out of reach are likely being used interchangeably.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VHscraps
          What I originally wanted to do was remix the original 25 song demos. That would have been really cool. But the tapes are lost. They are gone. So that was out the window.

Then we started digging through bootlegs from the club days. We tried our best to make those sound good, but ultimately it wasn’t good enough to put out. The quality of the recording was so bad that we tried to enhance them and make them better. Once we made them better, you lost that fly-on-the-wall aspect of it. It just didn’t jive. So we decided, “How about a live record?”

What should have been the follow-up:

"And Edward, why exactly did any of that necessitate it being a secret? Wouldn't you want your fans to know you were working on a long-awaited project like that?"
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

The no time to make an album thing is what I'd want to push a little more. Were they committed to this 2015 tour for a while and no one did anything?
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

just saying that post I was quoting seemed like nonsense is all - based on just seeing what has been posted and not knowing any of the back story.
              There is no back story - everything is in public and if some of it seems to make no sense to you or seems weird or baseless then join the club.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Going back to the original interview I'm not sure what Dave's problem would be with Drop Dead Legs.

I know he's resisted pressure to do LUTS going back over 10 years but that can be put down to vocals, DDL is straightforward.

Comment

• Jetstream
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Dec 2011

I do not know why they do not do DOA. Dave did the song a lot when he was solo right up to when he rejoined Van Halen... I would like to then know what songs Ed, or rather Wolfie, does not like because this goes both ways and Ed is just giving his side of his preferences in my opinion
                  I got lost in the...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think they'll add a few new ones. On a positive note another song I think the DLR band tried to get on the setlist was Hear About It Later which he resisted but then ended up doing on the last tour.

It's also true that in any band sometimes there are songs that don't work as well live as recorded and vice versa. For example I've never heard a very good version of Yankee Rose.

Comment

• BiG_Troubles
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      I think they'll add a few new ones. On a positive note another song I think the DLR band tried to get on the setlist was Hear About It Later which he resisted but then ended up doing on the last tour.

It's also true that in any band sometimes there are songs that don't work as well live as recorded and vice versa. For example I've never heard a very good version of Yankee Rose.
                      DLR Band?

There's no new songs.. Unless by new u mean (girl gone bad or women in love?)

They are rearranging their 2012 set list changing their intro and encore for sure.

I didn't mind a few spots w VH and Dave on Kimmel.and they did better on Ellen. Minus the stupid repeated dance w the planted chick. There's no natural flow w VH anymore. They play like they're a business not a four piece band. I went in 08 and I was good w that. I won't buy anything from them now unless it's a new studio or old concert footage.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I want more jams...less structure to the songs, especially since we have heard them so many times.
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• BiG_Troubles
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Sep 2014

Knowing Gene he wanted 50% and a merch deal...
                          he's worth 0% when it comes to VH. Pathological liar and sexist p.o.s.

Comment

Working...