Does the "Eat 'Em and Smile" Reunion talk say anything about the future of Van Halen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grit
    Roadie
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    Yeah, one thing Sam has right is when he says Dave ain't the happy party guy he likes people to believe he is. Seems to me he's more like Ed - he'd rather sit alone in a room and brood.
    One thing about Dave, he is not going to sit alone in a room and brood. He never has. He may have been disappointed at times but Dave, no matter what always lives life to the fullest. Dave is definitely the happy party guy. If Sam said that he is a complete liar.

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Grit
      One thing about Dave, he is not going to sit alone in a room and brood. He never has. He may have been disappointed at times but Dave, no matter what always lives life to the fullest. Dave is definitely the happy party guy. If Sam said that he is a complete liar.
      I'm not so sure about that. In public he's the life of the party but he might be totally different around family members and real friends, if he has any. He might have lived his life as the Diamond Dave persona when he was younger but I have a feeling he spends a lot of time alone nowdays. Right now he's probably somewhat social coming off a long tour and not knowing where he's going from here but if he doesn't decide to continue performing I have a feeling he'll go back to spending most of his time working with his dogs and chilling out alone.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Jetstream
        Foot Soldier
        • Dec 2011

One thing that always made Dave so interesting to me is that he was not just a rock star, he is a multifaceted creative individual. People always talk about his martial arts and now his tattoos but Dave also invested a lot of time studying in the ancient art of Japanese Watercolor. I always liked his lyrics because he would always throw in a lot of material which went over the typical rocker which made me laugh with his wit and intelligence. I agree with some that Dave is more of a recluse outside his rock persona... the man is an artist who happened to use the rock genre for attention, art and writing is an outlet I wish he would pursue now with the same vigor he did popular music
        I got lost in the...

Comment

• Grit
          Roadie
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I'm not so sure about that. In public he's the life of the party but he might be totally different around family members and real friends, if he has any. He might have lived his life as the Diamond Dave persona when he was younger but I have a feeling he spends a lot of time alone nowdays. Right now he's probably somewhat social coming off a long tour and not knowing where he's going from here but if he doesn't decide to continue performing I have a feeling he'll go back to spending most of his time working with his dogs and chilling out alone.
          The entire time Van Halen was between tours he was in Japan doing all kinds of things and spending time with his girlfriend. Dave is too wired to sit around and brood. He loves life at lives it to the fullest no matter where he is and what he does. Just have never seen or heard anything that indicates otherwise. Just my opinion but . . . .

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Something significant happened with Dave in the last year or two... he may have a history of being a busy guy, but not always in the public eye.

Seemed he'd returned to the top of his game... musically for sure, being an adventurer and publicly out and about as another version of the "most interesting man in the world"...

Then BAM!!

He didn't just step out of the spotlight and go private... he took it all down and erased about 6 years of his public life and personal public figure branding that he'd worked to build on his ride at the top again. This isn't typical... damn sure ain't normal nor trivial. The odd thing is the retraction of a clear auto-biographical artistic work that cemented his legacy and told his story.

It seems tragic... what ever the fuck happened... a celebrated, fun figure and a logbook of his adventures... vaporized... For what..?
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

Dave spending so much time in Japan doesn't surprize me at all. Talking about being busy, with a woman half his age but...

... 3 times as heavy as he is... That's a job that takes SOME martial arts, doesn't it!
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                Dave spending so much time in Japan doesn't surprize me at all. Talking about being busy, with a woman half his age but...

... 3 times as heavy as he is... That's a job that takes SOME martial arts, doesn't it!
                Geez, I bet her crap is the size of a Yugo!
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Here Yugo! Right on!
                  posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                  posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Nov 2004

And maybe her farts are so loud that they made Dave deaf...

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      Something significant happened with Dave in the last year or two... he may have a history of being a busy guy, but not always in the public eye.

Seemed he'd returned to the top of his game... musically for sure, being an adventurer and publicly out and about as another version of the "most interesting man in the world"...

Then BAM!!

He didn't just step out of the spotlight and go private... he took it all down and erased about 6 years of his public life and personal public figure branding that he'd worked to build on his ride at the top again. This isn't typical... damn sure ain't normal nor trivial. The odd thing is the retraction of a clear auto-biographical artistic work that cemented his legacy and told his story.

It seems tragic... what ever the fuck happened... a celebrated, fun figure and a logbook of his adventures... vaporized... For what..?

Great post and I've often wondered what drove Dave to eliminate his digital presence literally overnight (i.e. website, The Roth Show, etc.).

Initially, there were rumors of legal issues, but that wouldn't explain letting his domain name rights expire. There's something more at play here, and we can speculate all day long on what the real reasons are.
                      I just hope the issues aren't health-related.
                      Last edited by Roth & Roll; 01-01-2016, 07:01 PM.
                      http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Roth & Roll
                        I just hope the issues aren't health-related.
                        Don't overlook Mental Health... the mind goes, the body follows...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Thus speaks experience
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Grit
                            Roadie
                            • Oct 2011

At one point there was rumor about him "shaking" so much being a health issue. Never knew if there was something to that or just how wired he always was?? Has anyone else heard of that?

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Grit
                              At one point there was rumor about him "shaking" so much being a health issue. Never knew if there was something to that or just how wired he always was?? Has anyone else heard of that?
                              There have been numerous discussions surrounding the possibility of Parkinson's...
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Angel
                                There have been numerous discussions surrounding the possibility of Parkinson's...
                                /copious intake of redbull
                                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...