IS SPAMMY's VOICE SHOT? More BS From the SISTERS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rockguitarstar
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Aug 2004

talk about taking something out of context...you guys will look for anything bash Hagar for no apparent reason

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rockguitarstar
      talk about taking something out of context...you guys will look for anything bash Hagar for no apparent reason
      Go back to the BEGINING of the thread and educate yourself with the arguement being presented. Until then SHUT YOUR HOLE.

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

from EVH interview 1986:
        "I don't know if I could have gotten out of Dave what I can get out of Spammy. I don't know if this is slandering Dave, but Spammy is just a better singer; he CAN DO ANYTHING I ask him to do. whereas Ted (Templeman) has a much better handle on what to get out of Dave, because Dave is kind of limited, vocally-range-wise and STUFF. I don't know how that is going to look in print."

"Like in "Why Can't This Be Love?" there is this part [sings the middle part where the voice doubles the keyboard]. I would have NEVER have ATTEMPTED to ask DAVE to do that".

Steven Rosen, GUITARWORLD 1986

yup, didn't know how it would look in print....even though he was spreadin' this SHIT at EVERY opportunity he had.
        Starnge, Spam must not be able to DO EVERYTHING EVH asks these days since almost EVERY review of the SHAM HALEN tour 2004 mentions that the oldster can't hit the notes ANYMORE!!!! Ain't life a BITCH BOYS?!?!

And right, he would NEVER have asked DAVE to sing such SHIT as WCTBL!!!!!!

Last edited by Matt White; 08-12-2004, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
          from EVH interview 1986:
          "I don't know if I could have gotten out of Dave what I can get out of Spammy. I don't know if this is slandering Dave, but Spammy is just a better singer; he CAN DO ANYTHING I ask him to do. whereas Ted (Templeman) has a much better handle on what to get out of Dave, because Dave is kind of limited, vocally-range-wise and STUFF. I don't know how that is going to look in print."

"Like in "Why Can't This Be Love?" there is this part [sings the middle part where the voice doubles the keyboard]. I would have NEVER have ATTEMPTED to ask DAVE to do that".

Steven Rosen, GUITARWORLD 1986

yup, didn't know how it would look in print....even though he was spreadin' this SHIT at EVERY opportunity he had.
          Starnge, Spam must not be able to DO EVERYTHING EVH asks these days since almost EVERY review of the SHAM HALEN tour 2004 mentions that the oldster can't hit the notes ANYMORE!!!! Ain't life a BITCH BOYS?!?!

And right, he would NEVER have asked DAVE to sing such SHIT as WCTBL!!!!!!
          Poor Eddie! He got stuck having to hold back all of that great music he wanted to write, because of Dave's limited range.

I really love the vocals on "How Many Say I"

Comment

• DLRdelight!
            Veteran
            • Jul 2004

there were more reasons of why ed decided to tune down. First he wanted a different sound and yes so the singer did not have to hit higher notes, but also to make things such as bending easier and to have a heavier different sounf

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Dave told Ed what to do , not vice versa.

Comment

• ROTHandRoll
                Groupie
                • Jul 2004

Why would Dave want to sing anything remotely close to WCTBL? That song sucks like the rest of VanSperms catalog. Dave's version would have been "This is Love, Come and Get It" . Doubling the keyboards, how lame.

Comment

• cjmarsicano
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Aug 2004

Michael Anthony was interviewed in Bass Guitar magazine this past month and he said insofar as tunings (and I'm paraphrasing here because I don't have the magazine in front of me) that EVH NEVER tuned to standard A=440 in the studio... he'd just tune his guitar to itself and everyone else would have to tune around him.

And for further proof that the "great guitar god" EVH doesn't even know what he's talking about when it comes to playing his own fucking guitar... in an old interview I remember in Guitar World around 1982, he told the reporter that on tour (not in the studio), they'd use a strobe tuner and tune down a step and a half. Those of you that know your music theory like me know that a step and a half down from standard E-A-D-G-B-E is C#, not the beloved E-flat that guitarists since Jimi Hendrix (from Axis: Bold As Love onward have used, as that is merely a half-step down from standard E. I guess EVH had too many or not enough beers that day when he did that spiel.

The "slack tuning affects the strings" complaint that AVH (of all people... the fucking drummer?!?) spouted a few times during the early Samantha Hagar daze doesn't wash either... to tune down even to the step-and-a-half EVH claimed in that '82 spiel, you could use heavier strings (.011 or .012 on the high E) to compensate... and those gauges DID exist during the DLR years and long beforehand for electric guitars!!

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

Just thumbed through that BASS magazine yesturday myself Bro. Funny how MIKEY couldn't/wouldn't speak up back in the day to say "Fellas, we've ALWAYS tuned down and EVH....you don't know what your tuned to RIGHT NOW!". Just further makes my point that it was just another way of trying to rag on DAVE. No basis in reality, like MOST of what comes out of the SISTERS mouths.

Comment

• SweetSecrets
                      Sniper
                      • Jun 2004

Re: IS SPAMMY's VOICE SHOT? More BS From the SISTERS!!!!

Originally posted by Matt White
                      The old BASTARD can't hit the highnotes anymore.

Awww! Poor Sammy!

Could he ever hit the high notes without the addtion of ???
                      Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

LOL at SweetSecrets

Cheese to Sammy is like Spinach to Popeye.
                        They fill him up on the shit and he becomes the
                        genius lyricist and pained screecher, we all love
                        so much (sarcasm knob turned to 11 for that last
                        bit)
                        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• TOMHALEN
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Aug 2004

if you tune you guitar a half step down it will change the action and give you a thicker tone. easier to play, and closer to that old brown sound that we all miss so much. I actually prefer it but it sucks when you jam to CD'S and such. but with a set of super sliky's its like butter.

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

True Tom, it can be a drag to tune your guitar to Eb but its ALL about the TONE. It sounds SO full and SO much heavier. ALICE IN CHAINS knew it, and LAYNE could sing his ASS off. Never heard Jerry raggin' on LAYNE for not having "range". Just illustrates how the SISTERS had/have a concsious CAMPAIGN to try and defame and marginalize DAVE. Rather than give him his DUE as THE rock singer of his era.
                            FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!!!

Comment

• sambo
                              Sniper
                              • Jun 2004

Matt White, you are absolutely right, it's about tone, not fckn range. We play in Eb and we certainly do not see it as a negative... if you can sing, it shouldn't fckn matter what key you are in, as long as you have a good range and hit your notes.

fckn whinging sisters, too many lies for my liking...
                              Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• sambo
                                Sniper
                                • Jun 2004

Quick correction "it's about tone, not fckn key.

The rest should read as is...
                                Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

Working...