IS SPAMMY's VOICE SHOT? More BS From the SISTERS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sambo
    Sniper
    • Jun 2004

Quick correction "it's about tone, not fckn key".

The rest should read as is...
    Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• cjmarsicano
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Aug 2004

In one band I was in years ago, we tuned to E-flat because most of the covers we were doing were in that key anyway.

Funny thing is, we tried to play "Born To Be Wild" in that tuning but our singer couldn't sing it a half-step flatter so we had to play it in F position. All the other songs we did that were in E natural, no problem... it was just that song!

Originally posted by sambo
      Matt White, you are absolutely right, it's about tone, not fckn range. We play in Eb and we certainly do not see it as a negative... if you can sing, it shouldn't fckn matter what key you are in, as long as you have a good range and hit your notes.

fckn whinging sisters, too many lies for my liking...

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

The whole point is, Ed and Al used to talk down on Dave because they had to tune down. Now they do it for Spammy, and theres no problem.
        I find it hard to recall any comments Ed and Al have made in the past that have not since been contradicted. They have spent their lives lying to us, the fans....

Bastards.....

BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• SweetSecrets
          Sniper
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
          The whole point is, Ed and Al used to talk down on Dave because they had to tune down. Now they do it for Spammy, and theres no problem.
          I find it hard to recall any comments Ed and Al have made in the past that have not since been contradicted. They have spent their lives lying to us, the fans....

Bastards.....
          If Robert Plant had the band tune a 1/2 step down on some of the Zep stuff, he may still have his voice right now.

I know it rocks, but being able to sing for your entire life rocks too!
          There is nothing wrong with that! Dave just cared about his shit. Sammy, however, IS shit...so it doesn't really matter what tuning their in.
          Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by SweetSecrets
            If Robert Plant had the band tune a 1/2 step down on some of the Zep stuff, he may still have his voice right now.

I know it rocks, but being able to sing for your entire life rocks too!
            There is nothing wrong with that! Dave just cared about his shit. Sammy, however, IS shit...so it doesn't really matter what tuning their in.
            Actually LED ZEPPELIN tuned down, up, and sideways. Plant's vocal range has diminished more from AGE than anything else.
            And THAT'S in PART the POINT of this thread. People have and DO tune down all the TIME. It's as much for EFFECT as anything else. Lends a HEAVIER VIBE to the music. BUt the VH SISTERS wanted people to BELIEVE that somehow DAVE was an inferrior singer to Spammy Haggis. The MAJORITY of CLASSIC VAN HALEN fans knew from the start of EVH & Shemps SMEAR campaign that they WERE FULL OF SHIT.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

good job Matt...
              Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

Thanks Man! Just tryin' to keep the WORD on the STREET!

Comment

• Blacklisted
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TongueNGroove
                  Are you kidding me??!?! What the fuck is a 1/2 step down? That is not going to help a singer out much if at all. It does however give the guitar a thicker/grungier tone, which I beleive was the whole point. You can tell by looking at Eddie that he is going for the "Grunge" look/sound.

If Sammy can sing "Dreams", then he can sing any other VH song with no prob.
                  You are a fucking idiot. I saw VH this summer. Considering I would have been 4 when the almighty DLR left band I wouldnt even remember seeing him if I did. Anyhow anyone that saw VH this sumemr would tell you Sammy was guzzlin' the dick. The classic song Somebody Get Me A Doctor which we all know DLR would have gone to the tits was performed by MA so dont give me this shit how Sammy could sing any VH song. Cause he cant. Sammy can sing Sammy shit and shit is all it is. And his 10 minute solo performance made me want to puke up my 10 dollar beers. Dont say Sammy can sing any Van Halen song cause Sammy can only sing Van Hagar songs.

DLR is where its at. Fuck Sammy and his pussy ass love music. Cause we all know the DLR Ain't Talkin' Bout Love.

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Blacklisted
                    You are a fucking idiot. I saw VH this summer. Considering I would have been 4 when the almighty DLR left band I wouldnt even remember seeing him if I did. Anyhow anyone that saw VH this sumemr would tell you Sammy was guzzlin' the dick. The classic song Somebody Get Me A Doctor which we all know DLR would have gone to the tits was performed by MA so dont give me this shit how Sammy could sing any VH song. Cause he cant. Sammy can sing Sammy shit and shit is all it is. And his 10 minute solo performance made me want to puke up my 10 dollar beers. Dont say Sammy can sing any Van Halen song cause Sammy can only sing Van Hagar songs.

DLR is where its at. Fuck Sammy and his pussy ass love music. Cause we all know the DLR Ain't Talkin' Bout Love.
                    The TRUTH is a difficult concept that the SHEEP rarely venture near Blacklisted!!!

FUCK YOU VAn Hagar!!!!

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Yeah, but if you buy a ticket, Hagar'll teabag ya
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• kcmusician
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jul 2004

I hear what you guys are saying, but the three new songs on the new cd were recorded wayyyy before Sammy was back in the fold.... The music anyway. They were recorded by Eddie and Alex without Mikey while Eddie was recovering from cancer....

As a musician myself, I can say that it's common to tune down to Eb. Most bands do it while on tour, but record in standard E. There are some bands that have recorded in Eb though.... I think Poison recorded all their shit in Eb, and Warrant did either Eb or D.... Regardless, it's not uncommon.

Shaun
                        "'Cause stayin' 'round here takes patience It's like a full time occupation"

- Diamond Dave

Comment

• Robonez
                          Groupie
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                          Like Hagar's ever really been a "great" singer anyways...

Christ, hitting those notes, to me he sounds like I do when I'm constipated.

Wow!
                          You can pull that off while constipated??
                          Imagine what you must sound like after a thorough colon cleansing! Damn!

Comment

• Robonez
                            Groupie
                            • Sep 2004

Ain't it wonderful to have something to bitch about?

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by scottydabodi
                              How many times can I vote for MattWhite? He fucking rules.
                              I agree. Good work, bro. I for one PREFER the Eb tuning, and can attest it's saved many a singer's ass on a long night/tour/whatever in my experience. (I just had to shut down my singer a few weeks ago---he wanted to tune to standard, 'til I pointed out he was having trouble hitting notes in Eb, I'm like "How much trouble you think you're gonna have if we tune HIGHER, stupid?!?!?" )It DOES sound heavier, but grungies didn't JUST do it for the 1-finger barre chords; (Anybody who calls Jerry Cantrell 'lazy' in my presence better be wearing a cup!) let's remember MOST of the Seattle grunge bands were HUGE Sabbath heads, and Iommi usually tuned BELOW Eb, probably closer to C#---and not Drop-C# mind you..down-tuned ACROSS THE BOARD. And since the early VH stuff WAS tuned down, 'Unchained' and the like are actually drop-C#, not D. Guess 'C# tuna' didn't sound as cool It'd be interesting to see what excuse they'll use now that they ARE back to the 'classic VH' tuning...now if only they'd get back the classic VH singer!

And PS: for the record, I fucking HATE playing VH covers in standard tuning...sounds like an ass-flavored POP-tart.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2004

A .038 to .042 gauge low E string sounds best to my ear at the loudest unamplified resonant tension - between D and E somewhere. And because string quality drifts from different packs for different reasons, so does my tuning. So at times, I might play a tuning of where A=440 if the set is a really really good and loud set of strings, or near that point.

.. and when I change a pack of strings, I dont' even use a tuner. i tension the low E up to about where it sounds best, then tune across the rest of the strings.

Comment

Working...