How many of you actually have seen Van Halen live?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Switch84
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

I've mostly seen Dave solo, but went to the somewhat-reunion tour when they came to Atlanta. I regret not seeing the complete VAN HALEN (with Mike on bass instead of Wolfie), but I guess I'll have to be happy with this version. Truth is, as long as Dave's on the mic, I don't care who's backing him, LMFAO!
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• VanHalener
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Please forgive me if I do not read every post here before I testify...

Van Halen

That's all you cats ever need to know
      ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

That's all that needs to be said!

Comment

• Heater
          Foot Soldier
          • Nov 2010

Saw them BOTH nights in Philly on the 1984 tour. That was where they shot the "Panama" video. I think that tour was when they peaked and those 2 nights were probably the best of the tour, a shame they didn't record the entire shows, those were the best shows they ever played, everything seemed to be in line, the perfect storm. Got a high five from Ed as he left the limo to go into the hotel, They weren't letting many into the hotel bar that night but it didn't matter, I will always be one of the fortunate people to proclaim, "I WAS THERE!!!".

Comment

• GreenBayLA
            Sniper
            • Jan 2006

Van Halen is first band I was onboard with from their debut album. I'd have to dig out my ticket stubs to be sure but I mostly saw them in Madison, WI on tours for VH II, WACF, FW, Diver Down 2x and 1984 2x. Each tour was a bigger show but they always had crappy opening bands. Classic Van Halen were the best concerts I've ever seen. Dave always made you feel like you were at the biggest, best party of the year.
            Saw Van Hagar on 5150 tour and it was over for me. Never bought any post-Dave VH albums or saw another concert until the reunion w/ Dave.
            Last edited by GreenBayLA; 06-07-2011, 01:55 AM.
            "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by GreenBayLA
              Van Halen is first band I was onboard with from their debut album. I'd have to dig out my ticket stubs to be sure but I mostly saw them in Madison, WI on tours for VH II, WACF, FW, Diver Down 2x and 1984 2x.
              So you saw them in Madison when they trashed the Sheraton Hotel on the VH II tour....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                Commando
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                So you saw them in Madison when they trashed the Sheraton Hotel on the VH II tour....
                VH trashed the Madison Sheraton on their first tour and they mention it on their II album.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
                  VH trashed the Madison Sheraton on their first tour and they mention it on their II album.
                  Yup, you're right, I stand corrected....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

i remember the EEAS tour in madison. they were filmin' and takin' photos that night. the next week or so, the new mags came out and we all had tried to get in the pic with dave turned around on the stage with the crowd in the background. our friend jim was the only guy that got in the pic.
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      Yup, you're right, I stand corrected....
                      No worries. VH's visit to Madison in 1978 is well documented in the book "Rock and Roll Fantasy" by Susan Masino.

Comment

• mug
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Mar 2005

I have that pic on the front of my concert log i keep along with my ticket stubs. I too was on the floor for that pic, Dave said i got the people mag
                        photographer here tonite, Dave pulled him up on stage. Seen Dave there twice and VH on 1984 tour. Dane county coliseum sept,12 1986.Then seen him on feb,6 1988 in Green bay which is were i live.NOTE= Now called the Alliant energy center.

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mug
                          I have that pic on the front of my concert log i keep along with my ticket stubs. I too was on the floor for that pic, Dave said i got the people mag
                          photographer here tonite, Dave pulled him up on stage. Seen Dave there twice and VH on 1984 tour. Dane county coliseum sept,12 1986.Then seen him on feb,6 1988 in Green bay which is were i live.NOTE= Now called the Alliant energy center.
                          One True Van Halen Fan.
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by mug
                            ** Verified by the #1 CVH/DLR Calendar on the Internet Tubes **

This Day in CVH/DLR History

Van Halen plays at Gazzarri's in West Hollywood, CA.

Van Halen plays the Indianapolis Convention Center in Indianapolis, IN. Black Sabbath is the headliner.

Van Halen plays the McNichols Arena in Denver, CO.

Van Halen plays the Sam Houston Coliseum in Houston, TX. G-Force is the opening act.

Van Halen plays the Fabulous Forum in Los Angeles, CA. ATF is the opening act.

David Lee Roth plays the Dane County Coliseum in Madison, WI.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

i was just old enough to drive myself there! new license and all.
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Dan
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                                i was just old enough to drive myself there! new license and all.
                                Driving Miss Daisy?
                                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...