DAVE wrote "Intruder"? Who woulda thunk?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lukather
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Oct 2005

I really don't know what to say. Is this some kind of joke?

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

NO

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Did anyone ever apologise to MAX when just a few months later Roth played 'Could this be magic?' on his radio show???

All the so called 'experts' swearing they were right and Roth couldn't have played that stuff.

RIP Max...

Last edited by Seshmeister; 08-01-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Eddie: "Dave plays the acoustic guitar and harmonica on the intro of 'The Full Bug.' My lines in the middle of that are different. I've been doing a lot of stuff with Allan Holdsworth, and he inspires me."

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Brett and ELVIS sitiing in a tree
            Talking complete S-H-I-T

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Did anyone ever apologise to MAX when just a few months later Roth played 'Could this be magic?' on his radio show???

All the so called 'experts' swearing they were right and Roth couldn't have played that stuff.

RIP Max...
              The boy knew his CVH shit...........
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• indeedido
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

Dave's a good finger picker. I would have liked to have heard more of it and his harmonica on his solo albums. Open tunings are great.
                This space for rent.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

I wonder if Dave got better at guitar after studying with that guitarist from NYC that he recorded Take Savara with.

That was an awesome clip from his radio stint.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I always found it amusing how the sheep like to talk about Hagar being a "musician" and Dave "isn't", yet Sammy never played guitar on a single Van Hagar studio album, and Dave played on at three Van HALEN albums (VH1, WACF, and Diver Down). And even on that abortion of a live album, the only songs the Ched Rocker played on were the ones he originally recorded as a solo artist.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lukather
                      I really don't know what to say. Is this some kind of joke?
                      BTW... if anybody thought this might have been Steve Lukather who posted this, it wasn't.

At least not unless he moved to Georgia and posts on a lot of gun nut boards.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The Full Bug would be a logical one to revive on the new tour but it would be another to miss the Mike Anthony backing vocals.

Also if Ed had played the intro to this on the record then he would have live too. The reason there is no intro here is because it isn't worth it for Roth to go put on a guitar for such a short bit.

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          I always found it amusing how the sheep like to talk about Hagar being a "musician" and Dave "isn't", yet Sammy never played guitar on a single Van Hagar studio album, and Dave played on at three Van HALEN albums (VH1, WACF, and Diver Down). And even on that abortion of a live album, the only songs the Ched Rocker played on were the ones he originally recorded as a solo artist.
                          Thanks to reading the Van Halen Encyclopedia I unfortunately know this. Sammy played guitar on two Van Hagar songs: Finish What You Started and A Apolitical Blues. Now I'm off to wash myself off. I feel dirty.
                          I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Sammy has been playing rock guitar professionally for over 40 years now and I've yet to hear him play anything of note and that wasn't entirely derivative and uninteresting.

A mediocre talent who got very lucky with a novelty song and then getting accidentally hired by the Van Halens when they were on the rebound with their minds befuddled with booze.

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              Sammy has been playing rock guitar professionally for over 40 years now and I've yet to hear him play anything of note and that wasn't entirely derivative and uninteresting.

why are we discussing the red screech again?

Comment

• Heater
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Nov 2010

Doubtful that Dave played on the albums, not even sure if he really plays ICM intro in concert. Dave writes lyrics in VH, Ed tells Mike and now Chumley what bass parts to play and gives Dave a melody to put his words over. Dave likes to embellish a wee bit, or lie even Like when he got arrested in NYC for buying pot. Truth be told, he was in possession of marijuana when he propositioned an undercover male cop, a la George Michael. Being who he was, the story was changed to save him the embarrassment, lucky for him the NYPD had some VH fans in their ranks.

Comment

Working...