The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fifth element
    Commando
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Panamark
    Hi VA, getting a broken image at this end, is it just me ?
    Maybe "Fucking" Austalia is firewalled by photobucket
    mine is doing the same, and i am a member of photobucket!
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................... ...
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
      I couldn't care less if the lip synching is right or not...Dave has always been "a little bit left of center"...so what...if they'd wanted it to be perfect they'd done it perfect...it is exactly the way they want it to be...

I just meant that on the official video I didn't realize Dave was singing the lyrics to those lines right there. Until I saw it synched up. Had one of those "OH! That's what he's doing there" moments.

I'm just happy they actually did a video of them all together. Feels right. I wonder if Alex ever sings while drumming. I never see him do it. But as a band member wouldn't it be hard not to during the songs? Especially on tunes that are his personal favs.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by fifth element
        mine is doing the same, and i am a member of photobucket!
        hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................... ...
        Is it giving an error talking about being viewed too many times?

Cato got that error in his Photobucket account with our first batch of DLR pics....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          Is it giving an error talking about being viewed too many times?

Cato got that error in his Photobucket account with our first batch of DLR pics....
          I saved it to my Computer, upped it to tinypic, and pmed it to Mark. He still couldn't see it.

Weird.
          WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Just you mate, I can see it fine...
            Also happened here.

Just a red "X"
            Originally posted by perilouspete
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
              Also happened here.

Just a red "X"
              Same here. At work, I get a bunch of whited out or red x images, at home everything overlaps making the page incomprehensible. And I still have no idea what the full lyrics say.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by VHscraps
                I've now listened to this tune countless times, and it just gets better. I notice more little subtleties. But this one was a first ... I've seen some other posts where people were saying the bass part seems to slow it down. Well, you know what? I just listened to it at full volume thru the hi-fi and thought ... This has a real 'And the Cradle Will Rock' vibe that I never pcked up on, 'cos before I had been often listening for 'Down In Flames'. Even Ed's lead guitar lines are harking back to that Cradle Will Rock feel.

Good sign, gentlemen and ladies.
                Bro, I couldn't agree more....after listening 5 or 6 times, I definitely started hearing Cradle Will Rock....I think the combination of Wolf's full, deep fuzzy bass and Ed's riff were what lead my ears in that direction. At times I swear I can hear the Wurlitzer from Cradle even though it's not there.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

One good thing to note. Doc has still been posting pics non stop in the T&A thread while this thread has risen to 43 pages.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                    I couldn't care less if the lip synching is right or not...Dave has always been "a little bit left of center"...so what...if they'd wanted it to be perfect they'd done it perfect...it is exactly the way they want it to be...
                    Exactly. The "imperfections" are part of the DLR/VH charm.

Comment

• golitely
                      Roadie
                      • Nov 2011

Here's a non sequitur and I'm throwing it out cuz I noticed it (pretty sure) in the Tattoo video just now, does Dave now wax his chest? Looking at some of the stuff online from the last tour, I kinda thought so, but haven't seen him full shirt off in years so can't say 100% (and please don't take this is a Dave hair direction!)

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jan 2004

Alex has never really sang. It was always Ed and Mike (now Wolf) singing backup.
                        I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• redblkwht
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Decided to put on the new tune with my bose earphones..
                          HOLY SHIT
                          is wolfs bass in the front or what?

BTW the sound is killer.

EUAS

Comment

• WACF
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by redblkwht
                            Decided to put on the new tune with my bose earphones..
                            HOLY SHIT
                            is wolfs bass in the front or what?

BTW the sound is killer.
                            It really is.

Had the radio cranked when I was in the shower...Tattoo came on and that bass sticks out front.

Reminds me of "Digging a Hole" by Big Sugar for standing out like that.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by golitely
                              Here's a non sequitur and I'm throwing it out cuz I noticed it (pretty sure) in the Tattoo video just now, does Dave now wax his chest? Looking at some of the stuff online from the last tour, I kinda thought so, but haven't seen him full shirt off in years so can't say 100% (and please don't take this is a Dave hair direction!)
                              Of Course. No Gray Hair that way. He has been doing that I think for like 12 some years now.
                              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                                One good thing to note. Doc has still been posting pics non stop in the T&A thread while this thread has risen to 43 pages.
                                Doc's a machine...
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...