The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Halen High
    Commando
    • Jul 2004

Tattoo is definitely an attempt to appeal to a broad demographic. They are going for new younger generation fans, as well as satisfying at least most of the diehards. This song is perfect for that. It sounds like Classic Van Halen but in 2012 - if you know what I mean. It's catchy, hard and fun with cool, edgey lyrics. Younger people who like classic hard rock will love Tattoo and probably buy the album and eventually get introduced to the six-pack.

Comment

• Mr Walker
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
      Tattoo is definitely an attempt to appeal to a broad demographic. They are going for new younger generation fans, as well as satisfying at least most of the diehards. This song is perfect for that. It sounds like Classic Van Halen but in 2012 - if you know what I mean. It's catchy, hard and fun with cool, edgey lyrics. Younger people who like classic hard rock will love Tattoo and probably buy the album and eventually get introduced to the six-pack.
      As far as the younger generation of fans go... I'm not sure as to the extent that Jimmy Iovine of Interscope is going to be involved in American Idol this season, but if he is, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he gets VH (most likely Dave) in there as a mentor during one of the weeks along with a subsequent live performance. Steven would be psyched to have VH on the show.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
        I think there is nothing Sammy would love more than to get into a media battle with Dave or Eddie. How better to boost his band's profile and popularity? Only the real hardcore diehards know Chickenfoot, and it has to be *killing* him that (the REAL) VH is getting this avalanche of publicity and his latest release will soon be totally obscured and forgotten.
        A Chickenfootnote in rock history.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Halen High
          And that's why Tattoo is the single, and not something harder hitting, like Bullethead....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• SilvioDante
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
            As far as the younger generation of fans go... I'm not sure as to the extent that Jimmy Iovine of Interscope is going to be involved in American Idol this season, but if he is, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he gets VH (most likely Dave) in there as a mentor during one of the weeks along with a subsequent live performance. Steven would be psyched to have VH on the show.
            I was thinking the same thing. Kiss, Prince, Zakk Wylde, Judas Priest all did the show, why not VH? I wouldn't do it, the show sucks, but if VH wanted to broaden their fan base past the likes of us, I bet they do it.

The show debuts next week, buy Feb. 7th the should be in Hollywoood. I wouldn't rule it out...
            "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• RUDE SADDLE
              Groupie
              • Jan 2012

Yeah I'm seeing now why they went with Tattoo. But fuck, I can't wait to hear BULLETHEAD!
              ROTH ARMY ATTITUDE
              ''And a fierce cry rings out across the Manhattan skyline''
              - David Lee Roth 1/5/12 Cafe Wha, New York City

Comment

• tjvhou812
                Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                fuck american idol, thats a fag show, and i do not want vh to be apart of that. they have one of the biggest fan base in the world
                shit the youtube video already got a million views in a day in a half
                Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

NO NO NO!!! No VH on AI!! I would be embarrassed for the entire VH community if they did that.

Comment

• RUDE SADDLE
                    Groupie
                    • Jan 2012

Fuckin when KISS and Judas Priest were on AI I just laughed my ass off.
                    ROTH ARMY ATTITUDE
                    ''And a fierce cry rings out across the Manhattan skyline''
                    - David Lee Roth 1/5/12 Cafe Wha, New York City

Comment

• SNIPER
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

But if they did X Factor that would be fine.... HAHA!! NOT!!

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        And that's why Tattoo is the single, and not something harder hitting, like Bullethead....
                        Exactly.
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

My latest Tweet....

Roth_Army @VanHalenNation @vhlinksdotcom @vanhalennews "Tattoo" is the #1 Rock single in U.S., Canada, Finland, and Netherlands...
                          Wed, Jan 11 17:31:38 from TwInbox
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Very nice!

Oh dear.

Comment

• SNIPER
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

It really is #1!!??

Comment

• Mr Walker
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by tjvhou812
                                fuck american idol, thats a fag show, and i do not want vh to be apart of that. they have one of the biggest fan base in the world
                                shit the youtube video already got a million views in a day in a half
                                Hahaha! Great post tjvhou812!

Comment

Working...