The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
    Anyone wonder why they didn't leave it as Down In Flames ?? Just asking.
    See the song writing credits thread. WB and MA would have some legal rights. New Label, New Song. Re-using a riff is not the same as putting out the exact same song again.

Just one of the guesses.
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• 1971Quarter
      Roadie
      • Feb 2006

Mousewife to Momshell in the time it took to get that new tattoo ...

I don't know if I've ever read a better lyric ... hysterical ...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by SunisinuS
        See the song writing credits thread. WB and MA would have some legal rights. New Label, New Song. Re-using a riff is not the same as putting out the exact same song again.

Just one of the guesses.
        That means Bullithead will be different ?? I will not like that. But thats the same song title. Whatev ! Man people are ripping it on You Tube !! I thought it would happen, everyone want's it to be 1985 Van Halen !! What the fuck, these guy's are in their 50's. I'm sure there will be some heavier stuff on the album. Bullithead should rock if they didn't change it to much.
        Last edited by 78/84 guy; 01-12-2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          First play with ear buds was fine... but once I had time to get it down into my studio and crank it at the full 500 watts thru my monitors... almost melted me and and the chair!! This song is best heard loud... no DAMN loud. Even better if you have access to a system with real speakers... 200W sub, towers with 15" 12", 6" and ceramic tweeter. Gonna kill live...
          Goddamn, I say!! I want to come over!
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Zing!
            Veteran
            • Oct 2011

Dave and Ed's smiling/singing mugs are the front page of Yahoo! (1/12/12 as of 8:30 p.m.) as the MUST-SEE VIDEOS ON YAHOO!
            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• SunisinuS
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • May 2010

That means Bullithead will be different ?? I will not like that. But thats the same song title. Whatev ! Man people are ripping it on You Tube !! I thought it would happen, everyone want's it to be 1985 Van Halen !! What the fuck, these guy's are in their 50's. I'm sure there will be some heavier stuff on the album. Bullithead should rock if they didn't change it to much.
              Snipe them then. But from what I am seeing, the comments are starting to turn. It is funny, almost everyone is echoing the Roth Army on the comments now,...groundswell just like end of the Tune. Each person that listens to it a few more times says: "Hmmm, starting to grow on me the more I listen to it."

Don't count these guys out in the pasture quite yet.

Will have a blog up on this later.

Rock On All!
              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Snipe them then. But from what I am seeing, the comments are starting to turn. It is funny, almost everyone is echoing the Roth Army on the comments now,...groundswell just like end of the Tune. Each person that listens to it a few more times says: "Hmmm, starting to grow on me the more I listen to it."

Don't count these guys out in the pasture quite yet.

Will have a blog up on this later.

Rock On All!
                I have been. Lot's of fun !

Comment

• SunisinuS
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  First play with ear buds was fine... but once I had time to get it down into my studio and crank it at the full 500 watts thru my monitors... almost melted me and and the chair!! This song is best heard loud... no DAMN loud. Even better if you have access to a system with real speakers... 200W sub, towers with 15" 12", 6" and ceramic tweeter. Gonna kill live...
                  Shines the ZahZoo Signal up into the sky!

Can you PLEASE tell us what is said into the guitar strings at the very end of the tune? Ala "What the fuck I'll pay you for em?"

My old Drummer's Ears are a bit shot on these cheap headphones.

Counting on you Man!

Comment

• yankeegigolo
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Jan 2012

I like Dave's lyrics on this and I like the way he sings it. Not sold yet on the entire song.. I want to be but just not feeling it.I have listed in headphones and on a great system. Maybe my expectations were to high, I do think the lyrics kick ass though

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

yankeegigolo...welcome to the world famous...

THE fucking Roth Army...

Keep listening...my first listen...gave it a five out of ten...now up to eight...

raunch motherfuckers...utter fucking VH raunch...TATTOO...TATTOO...BITCHES...

SO VERY FUCKING AUTOBIOGRAPHIC!!!
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

That means Bullithead will be different ?? I will not like that. But thats the same song title.....Bullithead should rock if they didn't change it to much.
                        Don't let speculation and hope ruin the album for you. At this point, for all we know, Bullithead is a completely different song with different lyrics all together. Kind of like Big Trouble from the Warner Bros. demos and Big Trouble from EAS. How many similarities besides the title can you find there? Yeah, I know the second one was a different band, but you get my pernt. I'm confident the guys will not disappoint.
                        Last edited by DLR Bridge; 01-12-2012, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • May 2010

My Last Post on YouTube (Sniper you will like this one):

Let's put it in perspective: Last Chickfoot album has 11 tracks official. Perusing YOUTUBE will show you that the tracks have an average of 15k views apiece. 11*15,000=165,500 Views. 1,309,490 views minus 165,500 = 1,144,090 more views in just 9 days. Chickenfoot album released how many months ago? Keep it up Chedheads, the rest of us learned arithmetic in High School. Sorry Spammy was Tardy.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            Don't let speculation and hope ruin the album for you. At this point, for all we know, Bullithead is a completely different song with different lyrics all together. Kind of like Big Trouble from the Warner Bros. demos and Big Trouble from EAS. How many similarities besides the title can you find there? Yeah, I know the second one was a different band, but you get my pernt. I'm confident the guys will not disappoint.
                            I hear ya !! I just don't mind them changing lyrics on Down In Flame's. But Bullithead is my favorite VH song. If they tweak it thats cool but to change the music too much then I will question that. They are Van Halen, the best rock band ever !! Not Bon Jovi !!

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Oct 2010

Just one of the guesses.
                              Well, the version of "She's The Woman" that they played live last week is quite close to the demo version that we all know. Are the writing credits different there?

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

as long as you don't sign a song to something you have the rights...maybe Dave doesn't want to sing about being "down in flames" while he's pushing 60...different time, different story, different kind of truth...Michael has no rights to nothing, because any rights were GIVEN to him, because back in the day they were pirates, put the money on the table and split everything in four.

I see Dave writing the lyrics and the storys he wants to tell NOW...and thank God he's not singing about a pussy being the cream in the coffee and putting some banana in some backdoor...
                                Last edited by DavidLeeNatra; 01-13-2012, 02:40 AM.
                                Roth Army Icon
                                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...