The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetstream
    Foot Soldier
    • Dec 2011

The song Tattoo is making its presence felt. Today the main story highlighted on Yahoo at the moment are people and their crazy tattoos from the Ellen Degeneres show...they don't mention Van Halen from what I saw but I think the connection is thumping in the air causing them to post it...Tattoo Tattoo.
    I got lost in the...

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
      betcha it's one of two record stores in boise
      Um, actually there is one record store. No but really there is over 500,000 people in the area and it keeps growing because of all the people moving here from Cali. So yeah, There is many a record store in Boise My friend owns an Indie store. And for the record I did not have to ask him to do this for me. He offered and I said "FUCK YES"!

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

I will post the the words of the first verse from a random song here when I get it. And NO. Not Tattoo, BH, or STW. And who knows anyway it might be leaked out by then any way. Didn't someone say it was coming out on the 3rd somewhere anyway

Comment

• BITEYOASS
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

"Tattoo" is now available on Amazon.com for purchase:

Comment

• Kelly
            Groupie
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
            and BTW the new album and the gig at the café wha? was mentioned in the GERMAN news...holy shit...last time I read something about =VH= here was when there was the Ga y Cherone debacle...
            Have listened a few times now and it's really grown on me. Great song I reckon. love the lyrics.

davidLeeNatra, I just spent 3 weeks in Berlin. Loved it and loved the people,art and vibe

Comment

• TATTOO
              Full On Cocktard
              • Jan 2012

At first I thought it was just okay, now I can't stop playing it.
              Always looking' up.

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TATTOO
                At first I thought it was just okay, now I can't stop playing it.
                ....I put it on repeat in my bed room when I when to bed last night. Was still playing when I woke up this morning. Fucking love it!!

Comment

• Jetstream
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Dec 2011

Tattoo is like a drug that gives some a bad experience the first time around but by then it is too late...your addicted
                  I got lost in the...

Comment

• TATTOO
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Jetstream
                    Tattoo is like a drug that gives some a bad experience the first time around but by then it is too late...your addicted
                    Spot on!
                    Always looking' up.

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                      At a Hagar show you hug your girlfriend. At a Van Halen show you hug someone elses.
                      Can't remember what song, but Dave used to introduce it as "have you ever been with one person and wish you were with someone else?" I started screaming, "Yeah, YOU"... He started laughing and said "there's this chick down here with a guy and she's screaming, you man you" At which point I yelled, NOOO!!!! I'm not with him!!!!"
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Here are some chart updates on Tattoo so far:

itunes:

#1 Rock Songs Chart
                        #84 Songs Chart

Amazon.com:

#17 mp3 Rock Songs
                        #211 mp3 Songs
                        #522 mp3 Albums?!?!

I don't know. Amazon.com charts are one big clusterfuck anyway.

Billboard:

not published yet

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Roth & Roll
                          I wouldn't know what it's like to go to a Sammy Hagar show - I'm not a pillow-biting fag.
                          It was the sam and dave tour you douchebag...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

It's showing up as #65 on itunes as I'm looking at it right now...overall songs that is...
                            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

The 64 songs in front of it, for the most part, make me want to fucking hurl...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

A Different Kind of Truth is showing up as #13 on albums at itunes...not bad for a presale...

Comment

Working...