The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

It's the #2 song in Canada...

Nickelshit is #1 and #3 there...

Don't know what they're talkin' aboot...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Notice on the comments that more and more people are saying "it's growing on me". Yup, it's a "grower"...
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Canada will see the light! Won't they Angel?

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

They damn well better! Unfortunately, I'm in SK, land of the Nickleshit... There are some GREAT bands in this province, how the hell those one-horse idiots got to where they are I have no fucking idea!!!
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Watching Ed in that Video and listening to that Guitar puts a smile on my face.
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Ed sounds great...I wish they had less synth fill...Eds tone and Daves voice blend well

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

I think Ed plays well...still a little "thin" to me...but sounds better than anything he's done in years...

He sounded great at the Wha? show...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  It was the sam and dave tour you douchebag...
                  WTF are you talking about? A tongue in cheek comment about knowing what happens at a Sammy Hagar show gets me an insult.
                  Didn't realize you were a Spam-Bot fan...
                  Last edited by Roth & Roll; 01-14-2012, 05:06 PM.
                  http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Angel
                    Notice on the comments that more and more people are saying "it's growing on me". Yup, it's a "grower"...
                    As opposed to being a show-er?

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                      Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                      Ed sounds great...I wish they had less synth fill...Eds tone and Daves voice blend well
                      I am assuming -Synth Fill- is a additional, generated sound created by some foot peddle box accessory ..? Not a normal guitar body, pick-ups sound achieved by the switches and nobs on his guitar.

I am tone deaf I believe at least after a year of attempting to play guitar I quit..if they would have had a electric tuner like they have now, I would have been able to move past the issue of, in tune..lol. Hell I was 13 and then discovered girls, motorcycles...blaa blaa....lol

I am not harshing here can you give me a short lesson on synth fill..? and I he makes it so, is it something lacking or the way it is..? as in a sound not nessecary to purists?

peace

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                        I am assuming -Synth Fill- is a additional, generated sound created by some foot peddle box accessory ..? Not a normal guitar body, pick-ups sound achieved by the switches and nobs on his guitar.

I am tone deaf I believe at least after a year of attempting to play guitar I quit..if they would have had a electric tuner like they have now, I would have been able to move past the issue of, in tune..lol. Hell I was 13 and then discovered girls, motorcycles...blaa blaa....lol

I am not harshing here can you give me a short lesson on synth fill..? and I he makes it so, is it something lacking or the way it is..? as in a sound not nessecary to purists?

peace
                        Maybe Synth fill is wrong term but there is an organ/piano or something playing behind the band that is way to loud imo...would prefer more bass/guitar fill..

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                          Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                          Maybe Synth fill is wrong term but there is an organ/piano or something playing behind the band that is way to loud imo...would prefer more bass/guitar fill..
                          WARF..!!! ? He is the 5th Beatle and plays Piano..lol.

Thanks, I thought ..ugg.. it was a tech term for cheezing the guitar with to much effects.

So, if played live (Tattoo) will there be a record playing in the background behind the stage..? during the show.. or on stage up front by a real human..when additional music is a needed,,?

It may be Ed on the piano...could be a good thread title..? last two senences..?
                          Last edited by clarathecarrot; 01-14-2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Nah..WARF would be in the background yelling " Shes the woman"...

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

Tramp Stamp Cat?

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Floridaman1985
                                Groupie
                                • May 2009

I just heard Tattoo at the FYE in Concord, NC. They also blasted out In a Simple Rhyme, Me Wise Magic, Can't Get This Stuff No More, Panama and I'll Wait while I was in there. First time I've heard Tattoo in public in the Charlotte area. I don't really listen to the radio though, so it could be on one of our classic rock stations.
                                "Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it." - DLR

Comment

Working...