Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

So I've been pretty much drunk all week after hearing samples of the new VH songs.

Guess I will be drunk all year long baby!!!! WHOOOOOOOOO!!

Stay frosty people!!!!!!!!
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• CDABOAT1
      Groupie
      • Dec 2011

Just listening to the extended clips through Canadian site. Okay, blown away. Many thoughts going through my head. I'll share one of em. Ed is making damn sure that Wolf's bass playing is bombastic as hell. When's the last time we heard a bass-laden VH cd like this? Never... No trouble with never here. Oh my.. the subwoofer on my boat will be working overtime this Summer.

Comment

• mewisemagic
        Commando
        • Jan 2004

Thanks Romeo Delight for the link!!!

Im now officially blown the fuck away and in agreement with Elvis that we now have a 7 pack,this shit is smokin'!!

Comment

• Loons The Great
          Groupie
          • Jan 2012

1 800 FUK YEAH!!

I'se say God damn!!

God guides uz on our journey but careful with thoze feet!!

You wanna be a monk ya gots to cooks a lotsa rice!!

Stays frosty now!!

Big Rivah rollin'!!

Sho' 'Nuff 'N Yez Yezz yezzah!!

A happy hour without end nah nah yezz!!!!
          Please check out my bluesin' on Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/kingumbopa
          I know my crown gonna fit me well, 'cause tried it on at the gates of hell

Comment

• mewisemagic
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

At going on 46 years old and with the current state of the music industry..I need this!!.And if it meant 28 years of waiting,well,it was worth it!

I cant imagine if it had been any other way,like if Roth had never left.All of the years of looking for a new boot or watching these forums (Slawterhouse,DLRArmy,DDLR.com,Tormented Van Halen fans)etc,etc have added to the love I have for every thing that is DLR related.I often wonder if it would have truley been the same otherwise.

I think its really cool to be able to come to a place that is All Roth,All the time and has been from day one and see the same names and faces/avatars lol
            and know that I wont be chastised for being a Roth fan (Im sure some of you guys can relate)...

Ive never talked to WARF one on one but felt like I had a friend present when he represented the Army at Cafe Wha? as ive been reading his posts on this site for the better part
            of 10 years now.

Thanks Sarge and everyone involved over the years for providing me a place to get my Roth fix and keep up with current events in the Roth/VH world,but it wouldnt have
            been the same at this place without all of the bullshit and shenanigans that went along with it...Its the people here that make the place and a GREAT place it is!!

Comment

• Loons The Great
              Groupie
              • Jan 2012

Whoayeah--You and Yer Blues is the greates' blues since...the blues Yer Blues by Them Beatles...all hells yeah...Roth talkin' Jimi Hendrix, T-Bone Walker, Robert Johnson, Gladys Knight And The Pips, The Rolling Stones...I'se bees lucky if Loons The Lethario don't have a 19th Nervous Breakdown of his self 'fore 2/7/12...these snippets iz likes makin' mah heartbeat likes a hammah...

Been goin' to the gym more than evah...jus' so Ize can headphone That's Tha Trubbah Wid Nevvahhh...sho' could be a miiiiiiiighty long time!!!!

cuz a you an yo blooze...

,,,ain't gonn dust no broom...

1 800 HEL YEAH!!

We got Shecky Green...Bruce Lee...Led Zeppelin...Them Rolling Stones...Them Beatles...The mighty Doors...Jimi Hendrix...The mighty Who...Howlin' Wolf...Aerosmith...Muddy Waters...Lightnin' Slim...Robert Johnson...Budgie...Black Oak Arkansas...Emmett Miller...Al Jolson...Them Rat Pack...Bo Diddley...T-Bone Walker...Chuck Berry...Caruso...Them Them...Them Beach Boys...channeled through the greates' band in the hist o reey of music...Van Fuckin' Rothen...

Let the motherfuckin' good times roll...rollin' like we owns it...all hell to the mufuggin muggin yeaaaaaaah!!!!!!

I am digsin' it de mos'!!!!!!
              Last edited by Loons The Great; 01-28-2012, 11:59 PM. Reason: Cuz I felt like it motherfucker
              Please check out my bluesin' on Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/kingumbopa
              I know my crown gonna fit me well, 'cause tried it on at the gates of hell

Comment

• DiverDowninKy
                Groupie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                So I am lookign at he app page...Itunes is open and I am looking at "A different kind of truth (deluxe version)

I found this by clicking on the "View on Itunes" link from this page...first VH graphic:

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/artist/van-halen/id166529
                Thanks for the link dude.

This shit is unreal. You and Your Blues is crazy fucking good. I can't stop listening it it.....

Comment

• bigtrouble77
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Jan 2004

Anyone else feel like Tattoo doesn't exactly fit on this album now? Talk about a Red Herring, that song set a tone that just stayed with that track.

Comment

• bigtrouble77
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Jan 2004

BTW, I know I've heard a DLR Radio rendition of the Stay Frosty intro or something very similar to it. So i'm pretty sure that's Dave playing guitar on the intro. I wish I still had the recording, but I'm guessing you guys are already on it.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by bigtrouble77
                      Anyone else feel like Tattoo doesn't exactly fit on this album now? Talk about a Red Herring, that song set a tone that just stayed with that track.
                      Good Point! The song is a "grower" but I get this feeling, the rest of the songs will have the ability to knock socks off right outta the gate.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

BTW, I know I've heard a DLR Radio rendition of the Stay Frosty intro or something very similar to it. So i'm pretty sure that's Dave playing guitar on the intro. I wish I still had the recording, but I'm guessing you guys are already on it.
                        Yeah it's almost certainly Dave on guitar and he will have wrote it too.

From what I could hear on the CSI show I think it may be one of the best songs on the album.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

i wanna feel the flow of the whole album 5 or 6 times before commenting... i think VA said something weeks ago about having a commercial sounding song out there to maybe snag some new fans and some fence sitters(?)

but from all you guys comments it seems like the rest of the record is a gift for long standing hardcore CVH fans. could be wrong, haven't had a beer yet.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ashstralia
                            i wanna feel the flow of the whole album 5 or 6 times before commenting... i think VA said something weeks ago about having a commercial sounding song out there to maybe snag some new fans and some fence sitters(?)
                            I dunno I think it was maybe just a bit of a mistake. Most of the stuff since on all the forums I've read have been much more positive about everything else.

I would have gone with Blood and Fire which I think is really special and commercial.

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                              Commando
                              • Apr 2006

Me thinks EEAS and The 6 pack had a baby and it's "The ONLY Kinda Truth"!
                              [

Comment

• bigtrouble77
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Jan 2004

The track I thinking of was 79th and Sunset, it's a bit different, but seems to reinforce that Dave's playing style

Comment

Working...