Can we get a "no thanks" or "dislike" button?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    Savicki...

He came back though, under the alias Kristy.
    I thought Buckfag was Krusty.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      Looking at the stats... there's a category for Top Infractions.

What constitutes an "infraction"?

Why no current/active posters? But more importantly why isn't WARF or LoungeMachine at the top of the list??
      If it's set up fully, they are a way to "punish" "misbehaving" users.....

For example, if someone accumulates, say, 3 infractions, the Webmasters can put the user in a group established that might give no access to some forums..... That's just an example though...

But I don't believe Sarge has it configured like that....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• envy_me
        Swedish Love Pump
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Dec 2010

I don't think we should have it. There is enough hate here as it is.
        The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by envy_me
          It's been here way before you decided to make this your personal chat room....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

For example, if someone accumulates, say, 3 infractions, the Webmasters can put the user in a group established that might give no access to some forums..... That's just an example though...

We use "infractions" at another site I mod. But I think the premise is sort of antithetical to what Sarge is trying to conduct here and to the spirit of the site. The truth is that most people know they're trolling or being festering douche-nozzles, so reminding them with a demerit is sort of redundant. It does give the appearance of some sort of due process though. But anyone banned here is long past any due process as generally they're threatening the site...

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              We use "infractions" at another site I mod. But I think the premise is sort of antithetical to what Sarge is trying to conduct here and to the spirit of the site. The truth is that most people know they're trolling or being festering douche-nozzles, so reminding them with a demerit is sort of redundant. It does give the appearance of some sort of due process though. But anyone banned here is long past any due process as generally they're threatening the site...

The biggest issue raised by the "time-out/limited access" initiative is one of utter stupidity. OK, some bozo is acting up, or offering an opinion (or opinions) contrary to what other folks nominally support, so they get sent to a room where they can view the site, yet not participate? Isn't it blatantly egotistical (and highly improbable) to believe that the user will stand around on the sidelines, not able to engage? And who ultimately pulls the trigger on that decision, and is it possibly weighted by personal feelings?

For my part, I really don't give a rat's ass about anything anyone has to say or post around here, particularly if I happen to disagree. I consider who said it, and judge things by prior experience. You can obviously tell when someone is being truthful, thoughtful or merely jerking your gherkin. The only things that bunch up my BVDs are unwarranted personal attacks, and publishing somebody's private information. Sorry folks, that is a line that simply can not be crossed, as anyone that has ever had the misfortune to personally witness can tell ya. So ban the fucker and get on with life.

And since the majority of us here are merely filling time in between cigarette, lunch and bathroom breaks while at work, what difference does it all make in the first place? Having said that, if you happen to be amongst the minority of people that only have a "life" via the internet...well shit, I honestly don't have an answer for you, other than to say best of luck.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I say if it's your website and you are paying for it, you can do whatever the hell you want.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Thank you chefcraig for that Public Service Announcement...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    I say if it's your website and you are paying for it, you can do whatever the hell you want.
                    Which is why Sarge set up very few rules, and consequently, very few bannings....

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I have yet to see any fan site that doesn't have hate in it. It's just not this one. What's interesting is I wonder if people are overboard on the asshole bit because they are having fun yanking people's chains or if it's because of the anonymous nature of the internet they are their true selves and just let it flow. They can say stuff on the internet they never would have the balls to say to a person face to face.

It's probably a little of both. It's kind of a fantasy world for some people where others just want information.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Which is why Sarge set up very few rules, and consequently, very few bannings....
                        Yeah it's pretty obvious Sarge values free speech. Most sites don't allow political and religious discussion because of all the fights those topics cause. When I saw Sarge had a section on political discussion I went holy shit, he's opening pandora's box with that one.

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          I have yet to see any fan site that doesn't have hate in it. It's just not this one. What's interesting is I wonder if people are overboard on the asshole bit because they are having fun yanking people's chains or if it's because of the anonymous nature of the internet they are their true selves and just let it flow. They can say stuff on the internet they never would have the balls to say to a person face to face.

It's probably a little of both. It's kind of a fantasy world for some people where others just want information.
                          Oh, well. I am starting to warm up to this fighting thing :-)
                          The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by WARF
                            Jesus Christ...

I think I may have a copy of his album around somewhere.

It was the worst music I have ever heard.
                            have you forgotten "the diamond"?
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              The only things that bunch up my BVDs are unwarranted personal attacks, and publishing somebody's private information.
                              Well, Krusty The Kunt has the korner on unwarranted personal attacks right now.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Oh, well. I am starting to warm up to this fighting thing :-)
                                Good. Perhaps at some point you can take off your training wheels, lol.

One of the necessary attributes for membership here is to have a thick skin, and also, have no fear of telling someone they are a fucking idiot, while at the same time being a useful and productive member of the Roth Army.

From what I have seen, you are doing very well so far.

Comment

Working...