Can we get a "no thanks" or "dislike" button?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Hardrock69
    Good. Perhaps at some point you can take off your training wheels, lol.

One of the necessary attributes for membership here is to have a thick skin, and also, have no fear of telling someone they are a fucking idiot, while at the same time being a useful and productive member of the Roth Army.

From what I have seen, you are doing very well so far.

I am getting better at telling people to fuck off :-)
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Just takes practice. It gets easier when you have someone here who really deserves to be verbally abused.

Just look up any old posts with Gar or Katydid, and you can see all kinds of abuse being thrown at them. Especially by yours truly.

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Funny, I just tried to look up some old Katydid rubbish, and the search engine says there are no posts.....wonder what gives....was she erased?

Comment

• envy_me
          Swedish Love Pump
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Dec 2010

Just takes practice. It gets easier when you have someone here who really deserves to be verbally abused.

Just look up any old posts with Gar or Katydid, and you can see all kinds of abuse being thrown at them. Especially by yours truly.
          Hahaha i do have 3-4 people here who deserve all the abuse in the world :-)

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Here is my opinion about giving "punishment" and infraction points.

Since I pretty much know the rules Sarge laid forth over 12 years ago.

I think it is lame.

This place would turn into the pleasure dome that we ridiculed for so many years if we implemented a "karma system" for misbehavior...

We used to be able to STATE OUR TAKE... and if people said something stupid they would get their asses handed to them.... there was no bannings... you could say whatever the fuck you wanted... and that is the REAL Roth Army was founded on... that is what made this place so great.... I say fuck this stupid little system of infractions....

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Well, that is the way it is now.....it makes the forum a sort of self-leveling entity.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Funny, I just tried to look up some old Katydid rubbish, and the search engine says there are no posts.....wonder what gives....was she erased?
                The clique controls all the older posts. Just kidding. I noticed months ago older posts could no longer be accessed.
                Probably some data storage space issue or something.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by WARF
                  Here is my opinion about giving "punishment" and infraction points.

Since I pretty much know the rules Sarge laid forth over 12 years ago.

I think it is lame.

This place would turn into the pleasure dome that we ridiculed for so many years if we implemented a "karma system" for misbehavior...

We used to be able to STATE OUR TAKE... and if people said something stupid they would get their asses handed to them.... there was no bannings... you could say whatever the fuck you wanted... and that is the REAL Roth Army was founded on... that is what made this place so great.... I say fuck this stupid little system of infractions....

For fucks sake, NO ONE is talking about reestablishing infractions, Zah asked the question and I answered it...

And lastly, for whatever you think this place is NOW, the rules Sarge established in 1999 have not changed, other than adding a blurb in the FAQ about personal info.....

So this place hasn't changed.... The only thing that HAS changed is that about 95% of the people that were here in 1999, along with their personalities, are long gone.....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by envy_me
                    Hahaha i do have 3-4 people here who deserve all the abuse in the world :-)
                    All the abuse in the world? That's pretty harsh.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Little Texan
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I noticed months ago older posts could no longer be accessed.
                      They can be accessed, just not by a search if they are more than a year or two old.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Little Texan
                        They can be accessed, just not by a search if they are more than a year or two old.
                        I tried looking up old posts I'd made under this user name before someone was kind enough to reset the password for me. There was nothing even though it said I had I think 900 posts.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Little Texan
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I tried looking up old posts I'd made under this user name before someone was kind enough to reset the password for me. There was nothing even though it said I had I think 900 posts.
                          I recently looked up a post from 7 years ago, and I had to guess approximately what date the post was made and go through page by page to find it. I kept skipping ahead about 20 pages at a time, looking at the date, and skipping ahead twenty more pages, then going through a page at a time and clicking on threads I thought it was in until I found it. It took fucking forever. Of course, it didn't help that I was about a year off on my guesstimation.
                          Last edited by Little Texan; 12-11-2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            For fucks sake, NO ONE is talking about reestablishing infractions, Zah asked the question and I answered it...

And lastly, for whatever you think this place is NOW, the rules Sarge established in 1999 have not changed, other than adding a blurb in the FAQ about personal info.....

So this place hasn't changed.... The only thing that HAS changed is that about 95% of the people that were here in 1999, along with their personalities, are long gone.....
                            It sounded like everyone was discussing a punishment system. I love the Army no matter what, but I would never support a system like that!

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by envy_me
                              I don't think we should have it. There is enough hate here as it is.
                              I was talking about a dislike button. God... That time of the month?

Comment

• envy_me
                                Swedish Love Pump
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by WARF
                                It sounded like everyone was discussing a punishment system. I love the Army no matter what, but I would never support a system like that!
                                I am with Warf on this one.
                                Is there really need for punishment system?

Comment

Working...