X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Ashcroft
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Bush will win war on terrorism

Does terrorism work? That is the big question in the wake of the brutal bombings in Madrid earlier this month.

The terrorists chose a date - March 11 - bound to draw parallels to Sept. 11. They struck at the most innocent and vulnerable of targets: unarmed people on their way to work or school. And, by bombing crowded commuter trains, they assured maximum casualties.

The blood markings of al- Qaida are all over this twisted, cowardly act. And, by the results of the Spanish elections, the terrorists won the day.

They can only be emboldened by Spain's appeasement, just as Hitler was when Neville Chamberlain tried to buy peace in his time.

The stakes are enormous: If terrorists can sway elections and dictate national policy, they have already won a battle and may be on their way to winning the war.

That is why the determination of President George W. Bush and the steadiness of the coalition are so essential.

On his watch, Ronald Reagan stood up to the Communists and insisted, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

Though he was ridiculed by his critics at the time, the wall did come down, due in large part to his determination to stay the course. He made America proud and taught the world to stand up for freedom.

Reagan did not falter, and he was vindicated by the fall of the Berlin Wall and the collapse of communism. Today, it is George Bush's dedication and commitment in the face of despotism - like President Reagan's steadfastness - that will win the war against terrorism and overcome the hand-wringing and posturing of his opponents.

The road ahead is not an easy one. For years the terrorists attacked us with impunity.

Look at the sordid history of giving terrorists their way:

The first attack on the World Trade Center, Feb. 26, 1993. Unanswered.

Murdered American soldiers dragged through the streets by thugs in Somalia in the infamous Black Hawk Down disaster, Oct. 3, 1993. Unanswered.

The attack on the U.S. embassies in Africa, Aug. 7, 1998. Hundreds were killed. Still, unanswered.

The attack on the USS Cole, Oct. 12, 2000. Seventeen U.S. sailors were killed. Again, unanswered.

The United States was reduced to a paper tiger. Given its failure to respond to these terrorist assaults, the attack that took place on Sept. 11 was all but inevitable.

But this time terrorism did not go unanswered.

Finally, the sleeping tiger was roused to consciousness.

President Bush has transported the fight the terrorists began back to their land. He refuses to allow them to contaminate our soil with their hatred. He has stood firm in the face of the terrorist threat, despite constant harping from critics who would second-guess his leadership.

Look at the record:

Osama bin Laden and the Taliban on are on the run.

Saddam Hussein is no longer brutalizing Iraq and its people. Nor is he threatening the rest of the world.

Moammar Gadhafi has abandoned his quest for nuclear and chemical weapons.

Iran has opened its nuclear programs to international inspection.

Does anyone really believe that any of this would have happened had America had failed to act? It's never easy to lead the battle against evil in the face of great danger.

But if we only had France on board, it'd all be legitimate!

This is precisely why President Bush is a great leader - because he leads when it's neither fashionable nor easy to do so.

Just as Winston Churchill led the valiant battle against Hitler, the most evil aggressor the world has known, by exhorting "we will never give in." Churchill did so in the face of indifference and outright hostility from his critics despite the impending danger, because he recognized the threat posed to democracy.

Now, President Bush again leads the fight to preserve democracy.

History will recall that only by staying strong and not surrendering, by appealing to the better side of man's nature, can we hope to live in a safer world.

You libs getting this???

As President Bush said just last week in the White House, we must remain steadfast in pressuring other nations and enlist their support in the fight against terrorism.

He must appeal to the Iraqi people - and especially to the Shia who are the largest segment of Iraqi society - to build a model for democracy and peace in the Middle East.

The battle ahead is a tough one, but it is one we must fight - and one we cannot afford to lose.

Link: by Alfonse D'Amato
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bush is about as intersted in "prserving democracy" as Hitler was in "preserving Judaism"
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

OK then, but there's a distinction between your examples that warrant pointing out...

If Roosevelt, Truman, and Eisenhower did things the way you libs want Bush to do them, Hitler would still be "Preserving Judaism".

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Bush = Terrorism. He creates. Then takes away to garner his vote and image. Its the American way and its been happening since Lincoln freed the slaves. Want proof? Before the voters cast the ballot, I gaurantee either Bin Laden will be caught or Sadam will talk publicly denouncing his Country and being tried.
        I know Americans dont like to hear that shit, but its true. Histroy has proven this over and over. Its the Americans striking first, its the Americans invading first. Im not trying to pick a fight with anyone. But just look into a real World (not American) history book and you'll see the answers in front of you.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• John Ashcroft
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Right then. Please do us all a favor and remember to take your ridalin every day. No more skipping, mkay?

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
            Right then. Please do us all a favor and remember to take your ridalin every day. No more skipping, mkay?
            What does Ridalin have to do with it? Ridalin is a drug for children to take to slow down anxiety and hyperness. If what I wrote offended you, then say so in an intellegent response. Not name calling.
            Im sure you, yourself are American, and thats prob why you resorted to name calling instead of debating- Thats cool, it's your choice.(seems to be too much choice in the States if you ask me) But I still stand by what I wrote. And like I said in my qoute, Im NOT trying to pick a fight. Just stating some opinions mixed with factoids.
            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

and besides that,; sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never....nah forget that. Fuck you too pal.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Heh heh heh... Fuckyou very much!

No names here, just the pointed observation that Europe is impotent on all things defense. Oh well, enjoy your kinder-geld and (shitty) universal health care. America will glady continue to make the adult decisions in regards to security.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

your kidding right? Health care? We lead the world in health care. Taxes are high sure. But so is the job market and wages. That way we can afford to live like we dont care how much it will cost for prescription drugs and hospital care- because its taken care of. Welfare is lower than US. You guys have a work for welfare program that has proven to be a bust. Forced to hand out food stamps because most likely cash will be spent on booze and smokes instead of food. Great program! Sheesh.
                  America keeps making its own decisions based on what they believe the rest of the free world wants. And if we dont want, what they suggest then tough titty on the rest of the free world right? Ok. Then why have a UN? Whats the point?
                  And dont get me started on gun control! We have far more guns in Canada, and we use them for hunting. Americans have less weapons, but they are all semi to automatic for "self *cough cough* defense. Or you know, in case someone cuts you off in traffic, its nice to have a .22 in the glove comp right?
                  Thanks, but being a proud Canadian, I will take my chances listening to the French, German, Japanese and Cuban's before I let some American tell me how much better their lives are. When its all self denial.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

And PS: There has NEVER been a terrorist attack on any scale north of your American border. I wonder why that is? Maybe its just because Canada doesn't start fights. We clean up other peoples messes. World War 1 and 2. Afganastan. We ARE still there cleaning up your shit storm of a mess. Not to mention the Canadian Peacekeepers that have to follow the American troops with brooms everywhere they go.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                      your kidding right? Health care? We lead the world in health care.
                      That's why all the Canucks are trying to have their surgery in the states. Some bean counter probably told them the gain in their quality of life wasn't worth the money.
                      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

And PS: There has NEVER been a terrorist attack on any scale north of your American border. I wonder why that is? Maybe its just because Canada doesn't start fights. We clean up other peoples messes. World War 1 and 2. Afganastan. We ARE still there cleaning up your shit storm of a mess. Not to mention the Canadian Peacekeepers that have to follow the American troops with brooms everywhere they go.
                        Somebody's gotta clean the toilets. You guys do such a good job of it, also.
                        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

? man you certainly are showing off your American educational standards.

first of all Canucks as you called us, are having surgery in the States for 2 reasons. #1 There are a shortage of nurses and Doctors in Canada. Read the news. and #2 We can afford it, as opposed to say, I dont know...Anyone in the States!

Hey, we'll clean the toilets, if it means we lead the world in health care, education, strict gun laws that reduce crime and zero capital punishment. You guys sink 800 billion into NASA to see if a fossil of a rock HAD water AT ONE TIME some million years ago. Then you sink another 500 billion into your "defense security". Then you turn around and wonder why you have so many homeless and poor people. You wonder why its such a dog eat dog world in your counrty? Because America, the war is with yourselves, every single day. Nothing like dodging bullets and job hunting full time! I'll take my clean water and air and my millions of trees any day. Ask Canadian here in the forums. We dont fear our neighbours in Canada. We fear you psychos, who invade at whim when its convienient to do so.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Probably shouldn't say that too loud. It's only a matter of time before the BCE realize they need to export the fear culture over the border.

A few months ago, Tommy Franks suggested that another terrorist attack might result in martial law, but he also ambiguously hinted that such an attack wouldn't even have to neccessarily be within the US.

How could they accomplish both of these goals? By targeting a large Canadian city close to the US border, such as Toronto or Vancouver.

If Junior is elected in November, he's going to find a way to drag you guys into this bullshit, if for no other reason than to stop the mass immigration from the US to Canada which will happen - especially when they bring back the draft
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

P A R A N O I A

Comment

Working...