X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

Unreleased CVH Tracks Should Be Redone For The New VH Album

I was listening to Eye's of the Night today and thought if it was re-done today, with some production, it would sound great...Then I started thinking about others they did. I would love to hear Down in Flames done and Honolulu Baby Any thoughts?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qa_18F8dpoI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qa_18F8dpoI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EKPS0Ko8vag&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EKPS0Ko8vag&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Attached Files
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvCnpoR7_l8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvCnpoR7_l8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

There's a lot of old ones that would be good. Big Trouble, Get the show on the road, and this one.

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Yes,Yes And Yes.
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Catfish
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

I've been thinking for years that I'd rather hear an album of all the unreleased stuff re-recorded today. Besides the fact that they're good songs and it would be cool as fuck, I have to believe that collection of songs would be better than any multi-layered guitar track-laden record VH could put out now.

Comment

• Catfish
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

Imagine the field day Alex would have on Eyes of the Night with the kit he uses today, compared to the kit he used back in the club days. Hell, the kit he started using in 1982, for that matter...

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

it just completley pisses me off to no end knowing that Ed KNOWS what we want. Go get married Ed. Send yer kid thru college. Start another drug habit. Meanwhile... He always prided himself on being a musician and a professional.

Think he'd want to showcase his talents.

Unless of course..
            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Catfish
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

Ed is a BASTARD!

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Put This On The New Album.
                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Tabula Rasa!!!

Originally posted by perilouspete
                  fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

"Put Out The Lights"
                    Originally posted by perilouspete
                    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

I don't really care about a new album at this point. Much as it pains me to say it, I'm just not interested in anything "VAN HALEN" brand unless it's the original four members, so...unless secret things are afoot at Mystery Mountain (which I'll be a better judge of once Hagar starts opening for the Aeroshits, and more to the point, who's playing bass for him...), I don't really care too much about new music. However, some years back I suggested here a two CD & 1 DVD set of rare Van Halen stuff that they could throw out there...stuff I'm sure we'd all buy...

CD #1
                      01) Let's Get Rockin'
                      02) Voodoo Queen
                      03) House of Pain (Original Version)
                      04) We Die Bold
                      05) Show No Mercy
                      06) Get the Show On the Road
                      07) She's the Woman
                      08) Put Out the Lights
                      09) Babe, Don't Leave Me Alone
                      10) Honolulu Baby
                      11) Young & Wild
                      12) Bring On the Girls
                      13) Last Night
                      14) Light in the Sky

CD #2
                      01) I Wanna Be Your Lover
                      02) Piece of Mind
                      03) Big Trouble
                      04) Any Time, Any Place
                      05) Anything to Make it Right
                      06) Glitter
                      07) Gentleman of Leisure
                      08) Kicks
                      09) Baritone Slide
                      10) Forget 1
                      11) Ripley
                      12) Lie to You
                      13) Show Your Love

DVD:
                      Oakland '81 (Entire Performance)

Is there any of us who would NOT buy that? Seriously, I think that would be more of a winner than a new album at this point....
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

And then call it "Cruel & Unusual Punishment"....

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Catfish
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

It'll never happen. Eddie doesn't want to "look back." Unless it's to get Hagar or Roth to do a fast cash-grab tour, that is...

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Catfish
                            It'll never happen. Eddie doesn't want to "look back." Unless it's to get Hagar or Roth to do a fast cash-grab tour, that is...
                            I agree. BB's set would be the bomb though. That should would sell I think. Really most semi VH fans do not know those bootlegs exist. That would all be "New" Material to the majority.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

I never heard Any Time, Any Place or Anything to Make it Right or even Lie to You... where can i find these??

Comment

Working...