X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Carmine
    I was just admiring his improved chops myself. The kid sounds very good...it's nice to actually HEAR the bass again on a Van Halen song...
    For sure. I imagine we'll actually hear deep and plunky bass on this album...for once. (And I never thought much of Eddie as a bass player.)
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Get The Show On The Road is doubtful, since it pretty much evolved into Romeo Delight......

whenever I hear this, I think of how Dave always "forgets the fucking words" when he does Romeo and I would imagine that maybe he has these lyrics running through his head too.
      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
        whenever I hear this, I think of how Dave always "forgets the fucking words" when he does Romeo and I would imagine that maybe he has these lyrics running through his head too.
        In actuality, I think his "I forgot the fucking words" was a schtick he did consistently for ROMEO DELIGHT. He always seemed to do it!
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Think 'Angel Eyes' will make it on there?

Comment

• diamondsgirl
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
            In actuality, I think his "I forgot the fucking words" was a schtick he did consistently for ROMEO DELIGHT. He always seemed to do it!
            I think it became shtick due to the crowds reaction, but originally (waay back in the day) he may have had the "show on the road" lyrics jumbled up in his head.

This past tour he mixed up ATBL with EWS. I think he only did that at one show. Pretty funny.

whats up Rikk??
            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

so obvious that they should have put out a double CD. One with tweaked demos and one with new material.

thats what DG calls the Best of Both Worlds.

Comment

• Carmine
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

We Die Bold would blow my mind....I always dug that tune

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

I'm just hoping that the sound is STELLAR....

I want AL's drums mixed LOUD....and the bass to frickin' POP......EVH's guitar tone sound reflect that new line of amps he's got (wonder if he used that tiny version for last nights gig?)............

And DAVE needs to be the focus........for the 1st time decades (lets not think of how many.....Fark we're old!) I predict there will not be A SINGLE love song on a VH release..........

Comment

• fourthcoming

Ok guys and gals, so I've been a "peeping Tom" here for the last few years checking in on a daily basis for VH news. Let's face it, The Roth Army and VHND seem to be the only sources of credible Van Halen news online. I am proud to say Ijust broke my Roth Army hymen and am now a member of the Roth Army. Completely stoked for the MSG shows. I was able to see them 3 times in 2007-2008. Once on Long Island and twice at MSG...the electricity and vibe at the MSG shows blew away the Long Island show. Unfortunately I was too young to see them in all their glory back in the day. Was fortunate enough to see Diamond Dave on the Eat Em' and Little Ain't Enough tours and on the DLR band tour. Saw "She's the woman" on youtube from Cafe Wha?...Very cool to see after listening to that tune and so many other unreleased for years and years. So many kick ass unreleased tunes from way back when that I wouldn't mind hearing, but honestly I am really hoping to hear a new album with all new material. One unreleased tune I always wanted to hear as a cleaned up studio track would be "Wild Fire". I don't mean to come across as geeky, but damn, I'm friggin psyched for the return of the mighty VH and I'm damn glad to be a part of the Roth Army.

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Welcome! Don't be shy, we don't bite....much.
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I have a question: who produced this new album? Was it Templeton?

Comment

• fourthcoming

Thank you Angel, appreciate the welcome.

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

If it's true there are 13 tracks on the new record, any chance they might do a half and half thing, like Side 1 reworking a half a dozen from the vault, and Side 2 new material? If there were still sides, I mean.
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                              I have a question: who produced this new album? Was it Templeton?
                              Are you kidding?
                              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Then who?

Comment

Working...