X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by if6was9
    If "She's the Woman" and "Tattoo" sample sound like Lexus to you, then it's your problem
    Sounded pretty tight to me
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• if6was9
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Unchainme
      I found your picture online if6was9, nice hat!
      And I've found a picture of your condom, Unchainme.

What size is it? Army size?
      Last edited by if6was9; 01-07-2012, 04:32 PM.
      Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

If "She's the Woman" and "Tattoo" sample sound like Lexus to you, then it's your problem

Honestly, would you buy this album (opinion based on the available samples) if it wasn't Van Halen???

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
          Sounded pretty tight to me
          And she knows her metal!

Comment

• if6was9
            Head Fluffer
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
            Ok, so go away and come back after it's release and write up your personal review.
            That's what most of us should do.

POST #300
            Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Since you insist

I've listened very carefully to the bass in both versions of "She's the Woman". It's almost the same line (not identical but very close). On the one hand this is understandable since this is an old track. On the other hand, this is a new version from 2012, so I was expecting an input from the new member of the band.

Which leads me to the question: how much of Wolf is there in the basslines and how much of Ed? Is Wolf a full-fledged member of VH or is he playing only what Ed tells him to play? I certainly hope it's the first option, mostly because I don't want this album to be another Eddie's solo project. We've heard enough of his "solo" 5150 music in the last 20 years.

As opposed to what, exactly?

Every Van Halen song was written by David Lee Roth & Eddie Van Halen. Michael A. Sobolewski didn't have any more input into the music than Wolf does. So I'm not sure what the Hell you're so upset about.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

And I've found a picture of your condom, Unchainme.

What size is it? Army size?
                Seems that someone's quite focused on another man's gear.

projecting are we?

Comment

• nitroDave23
                  Roadie
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Little Texan
                  The only one that I've seen complaining so far is a rabid Hagar sheep, and that's only because his cheddar idol isn't screeching about love and all that jive on this VH record.
                  Exactly who I was referring too.....fucking ass hole.

(if6was9)

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

And I thought Heater was annoying...
                    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• VH Drummer
                      Roadie
                      • May 2009

On the Simmons demo I was never a huge fan of "She's the Woman" but at the club it sounded great! I gained a lot of respect for Wolf--the kid has definitely improved his playing. I wouldn't mind seeing a reworked "Babe Don't Leave Me Alone" or "Big Trouble." Those have always been my two favorite demos.
                      2012: 2/10 The Darkness, 2/20 Van Halen, 3/3 The Black Keys

Comment

• nitroDave23
                        Roadie
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by VH Drummer
                        I gained a lot of respect for Wolf--the kid has definitely improved his playing.
                        Me too,that short clip GEM posted of She's The Woman made me accept Wolfe...I can finally see the Van Halen in him,

Thank God he can play....was worried before hand If I'm honest.

No doubt in my mind he's gonna kill it now on Tour, and his Backing vocals where good too.

Didn't think he had it in him.

Comment

• Little Texan
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by nitroDave23
                          Thank God he can play....was worried before hand If I'm honest.

Didn't think he had it in him.
                          How could he not? After all, he's got Ed's blood flowin' through his veins and he's a multi-instrumentalist like the old man. He obviously inherited Ed's music gene.
                          Last edited by Little Texan; 01-07-2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

So happy Bullethead is getting an official release! That She's The Woman is also included, plus a probable reworking of another oldie in Tattoo - I am more than satisfied. I do think 13 tracks is a bit much - that leaves the door wide open for filler tracks that should have been cut (a classic VH album should have no more than 10 tracks in my opinion), but who knows - the Beatles were able to pull off 13+ tracks on a regular basis. I'm already bracing myself for the fact that there might be a couple of tunes that don't click with me - a first with Roth-era VH. I pretty much love every song on every album from 78-84. I honestly want to love every track on this disk, but being realistic, 13 tracks is a tall order for batting .1000 on awesome songs. Based on Dave's humble demeanor at the Wha? gig and how truly happy and content he seems - I'm willing to cut an awful lot of slack for A Different Kind of Truth.
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• redfire
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2004

As "awesome" as the original version? I think it was turned into "Mean Street" because it wasn't that awesome.

Voodoo Queen was turned into Mean Street. She's the Woman only provided the bad ass breakdown and solo.
                              Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
                                ....... Roth-era VH. I pretty much love every song on every album from 78-84. I honestly want to love every track on this disk, but being realistic, 13 tracks is a tall order for batting .1000 on awesome songs. Based on Dave's humble demeanor at the Wha? gig and how truly happy and content he seems - I'm willing to cut an awful lot of slack for A Different Kind of Truth.

It sure feels fucking great to be in a Roth era again (or finally for younger fans).

I agree with you. If we get 5-6 barnburners and the rest so so, i think everyone will be elated.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...