X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
    I never heard Any Time, Any Place or Anything to Make it Right or even Lie to You... where can i find these??
    they're '84 outtakes and not circulated.

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

well wtf...? lol 1984 outtakes like "fresh" which i still say is fake btw...so r these instrumentals? gonna have to do some digging
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

well wtf...? lol 1984 outtakes like "fresh" which i still say is fake btw...so r these instrumentals? gonna have to do some digging
        Yeah, "Fresh" is completely bogus. There are a few tracks available that sound as if they were recorded on a crummy cassette recorder, and yes, they are instrumentals - if you want to call mindless noodling an instrumental. This one however, sounds different from the majority.

There are also apparently hours of the "1984" synth doodle recorded as well, if you really are in the mood for slitting your wrists. Here is a brief (by comparison) live version of what you can expect if you run into it.

Last edited by chefcraig; 06-18-2010, 07:25 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

fresh, is bullshit

it's a kid with a rockman.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

A few more contenders, with spectacularly awful sound.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Was the extended acoustic intro to Simple Rhyme ever made available?
              Damn BT, you got me thinking about unreleased tracks.
              It's kind of a shame that you can't tell that Michael Anthony can play from the albums but on some of the live club stuff he's good. talk about getting screwed in the mix his whole career.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

Shape Your In is a good number. By Paul revere if Im not mistaken? Or by The Band? Just What You Wanted (Needed) is great as well. Down in Flames, Eyes and Piece of Mind are my top 3 that the NEW VH could pull off on a new album...But Im with the majority on this topic...Id rather a full release of cleaned up "Unreleased" tunes....Fuck that shit would outsell all previous VH records.
                "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/plr5hxVEV6M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/plr5hxVEV6M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThhXpq-DfjM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThhXpq-DfjM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4qJ5ljA8cQE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4qJ5ljA8cQE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

They sure don't try to sound like the bands they cover, which is good since the playing's more off the wall.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Shape Your In is a good number. By Paul revere if Im not mistaken? Or by The Band? Just What You Wanted (Needed) is great as well. Down in Flames, Eyes and Piece of Mind are my top 3 that the NEW VH could pull off on a new album...But Im with the majority on this topic...Id rather a full release of cleaned up "Unreleased" tunes....Fuck that shit would outsell all previous VH records.
                      "Shape Your In" is a unreleased VH original, whereas "Shape I'm In" is a tune written and recorded by The Band. I agree, a release of these tunes would be spectacular, and it would be fun to play "spot the riff" by picking out which parts of tunes ended up in other officially released songs in the band's catalogue.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                        "Shape Your In" is a unreleased VH original, whereas "Shape I'm In" is a tune written and recorded by The Band. I agree, a release of these tunes would be spectacular, and it would be fun to play "spot the riff" by picking out which parts of tunes ended up in other officially released songs in the band's catalogue.
                        Fuck I gave them all a listen after posting. when this boot came on I was fkn embarrassed. LOL i was mixing up the songs they covered from paul revere with the song The Shape Im In from boneyard radio today so THATS what weed does after several years? lol good to know.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UgXtZNDSM4Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UgXtZNDSM4Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This thread needed One More time.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

Im still stuck on this being a GREAT way to introduce a NEW VH CD this summer. wishful anyways

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EKPS0Ko8vag&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EKPS0Ko8vag&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                              Was the extended acoustic intro to Simple Rhyme ever made available?
                              Damn BT, you got me thinking about unreleased tracks.
                              It's kind of a shame that you can't tell that Michael Anthony can play from the albums but on some of the live club stuff he's good. talk about getting screwed in the mix his whole career.
                              ya Ive been spending the last two years straight playing the old unreleased and bar songs on my ipod. LOL keep running scenarios of "How" they could have a spectacular comeback. Plus I also wonder why they never got the kind of treament say Metallica did with their MTV Special. Im sure Dave would do all kinds of stuff that Ed would be too embarrassed about or whatever. Also wonder why CVH never did sponsored concerts like Live Aid, Woodstock,Farm Aids and say the Haiti one that just went. American Idol w/ guest stars VH? Or SNL with VH...? I dunno? Then I wonder if Im listening to too much Van Halen? lol whats "too much" anyways?

Comment

• Big Troubles
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Feb 2004

the riff is a dead give away for classic VH sound and its catchy enough for radio play. it would start a nice summer off. July 4th?

Comment

Working...