Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

I don't know what I'm going to do this week...

My strategy is to stay close to the top...and spread the wealth...

trying to hold on to necesary drivers to the end...but it's tough to do...in particular with those freakin' B-level drivers...who have the name power...

but drive like ass...

this new tire package...is killing people...like the Stewarts, LaBonte's and Earnhardts...

DEI is getting killed...

should make things interesting...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Patience, patience is the word....

My team just sucked balls last week....

Looked pretty good for a while....

Then Riggs went behind the wall...

Then Martin went behind the wall....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

All my guys sucked as well...Martin behind the wall...and the rest just middling pricks...

fuck Patience...lmfao...I want a 500 point lead...

Christ...I'm happy just not to be in last place...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Well...I stay in second basically because everyone is apparently as shitty as I am at this...

Just sticking to strategy...

stay as close to the top as I can...that's part one anyways...

great race though...glad Edwards pulled it out...

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

thought i was gonna make a move yeaterday..had Biffle and Edwards..but Gordon and Nemechek screwed me...i hate nascar

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

I thought you were too...

All of my picks were between 10 and 20...nothing great...but I stayed in second...

like I said...because everyone else picks as shitty as I do...

Comment

• redblkwht
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                Well...I stay in second basically because everyone is apparently as shitty as I am at this...

Just sticking to strategy...

stay as close to the top as I can...that's part one anyways...

great race though...glad Edwards pulled it out...
                Im kinda digging nascar not being so dominant with one driver, gordons runs seems to be over so its anyones win latley..thats why i switched gears on my drivers as of yesterday. good point bro-

EUAS

Comment

• Cathedral
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Speak for yourself, I'm using a strategy and it is working, lmmfao.

Here's a few tips for y'all to consider, and i'm stupid for posting this shit.
                  Take a look at the races last year and pick your drivers based on those results at the same tracks.
                  Jimmy Johnson is a safe bet for the speedways, he's a tad weak on short tracks.
                  DEI is repeating last years results, but it is a great idea to always consider them an option.

DEI TIP: Restrictor Plate Tracks are typically their strong races because Junior has always had 50-50 luck on the Speedways and Short Tracks, they are just a gamble for a majority of the season.
                  Waltrip hasn't been strong since Dale Sr. died. that is, after his first season with DEI, Sr. isn't mapping his performance anymore.

Ryan Neuman is struggling and i haven't used him at all yet, but i expect his team to get better in the next few weeks, i'm holding off on him for now.

Jeff Gordon, (Sorry Rose) But he isn't focused anymore. He has his mind cluttered with his ownership of his Bush Team. his winning spirit is only running half throttle, as you are finding out the hard way, again, Sorry Rose. On the bright side, there is only so much losing he will tolerate before he gets his shit together.

Ok, there's a small look into my perspective, take what you want, use it or not, get an attitude about my post, or not.......see y'all on the track.

Git-R-Done!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Jimmy Johnson has won what...5 of 10?...6 of 10?...

they ran a stat assuming he had won the race on Sunday...

lmfao...ooops...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

There's one piece to consider that you didn't mention Cat...

and that's using up drivers...

there are two streams of thought...

use the hot driver no matter what...or try and base your picks from week to week...holding back some for later in the half...or later in the season...

My strategy is simple...stay close to the stop...make sure I have power drivers to use every week...

I know less about the NAMES in NASCAR...and to be honest...that's helped me this year.

I don't have any allegience to anyone...

I have drivers I like...

I have drivers I hate...

I generally won't use drivers I hate...which will ultimately kill me...

I can tell you this...if I would have picked who I wanted to this week...I would have had the 1 and 2 drivers in my lineup...and I think another top five...

I chose not to use them for several reasons. Am I pissed? Sure...but...in the long run...I still have them to use later in the season one more time...I'm still in second...

and I'm starting to get the hang of all this shit..

I also think there is an interesting stat...which I'll keep to myself...that a lot of people aren't taking into account. It certainly helped me this week...and hopefully next...

Comment

• redblkwht
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Question..i work weekends as pojo knows, you or cathedral can tell me this, what channel is it usually on?
                        we have satillite at wk now.
                        sundays usually too right? lol

EUAS

Comment

• Cathedral
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

There's one piece to consider that you didn't mention Cat...

and that's using up drivers...

there are two streams of thought...

use the hot driver no matter what...or try and base your picks from week to week...holding back some for later in the half...or later in the season...

My strategy is simple...stay close to the stop...make sure I have power drivers to use every week...

I know less about the NAMES in NASCAR...and to be honest...that's helped me this year.

I don't have any allegience to anyone...

I have drivers I like...

I have drivers I hate...

I generally won't use drivers I hate...which will ultimately kill me...

I can tell you this...if I would have picked who I wanted to this week...I would have had the 1 and 2 drivers in my lineup...and I think another top five...

I chose not to use them for several reasons. Am I pissed? Sure...but...in the long run...I still have them to use later in the season one more time...I'm still in second...

and I'm starting to get the hang of all this shit..

I also think there is an interesting stat...which I'll keep to myself...that a lot of people aren't taking into account. It certainly helped me this week...and hopefully next...
                          Well, I did hold back some of my strategy, you were right to say i didn't "mention" some things.
                          but from your post i can say that you and I are close to riding the same wavelength here.

I'm not sticking with my best guys, or favorites for that matter. I am mixing it up a little so i don't hit a brick wall down the road.

Comment

• Cathedral
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by redblkwht
                            Question..i work weekends as pojo knows, you or cathedral can tell me this, what channel is it usually on?
                            we have satillite at wk now.
                            sundays usually too right? lol
                            For the first half of the season it's on Fox and it's affiliate stations.

The second half it will be on NBC and whatever channels are affiliated with that one.

They alternate every year so they each get the Daytone every two years.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Generally speaking...FOX carries all the NASCAR events on their main station...NBC's NASCAR coverage probably 65% of the time is on MSNBC...or CNBC...or one of those faggot stations...because of their deals with other shit...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Generally speaking...FOX carries all the NASCAR events on their main station...NBC's NASCAR coverage probably 65% of the time is on MSNBC...or CNBC...or one of those faggot stations...because of their deals with other shit...
                                Hate to tell you bro, but that's wrong...

When NBC gets the races, they're all on NBC...

Now there ARE times when races are on FX as opposed to FOX....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...