X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    No...the ring he bought for her the week after he got busted nailing hotel whore...

she coulda left him right them...for half...

automatic in California...

pretty smart on his part...

4 million saves him half after his new contract...
    Oh, THAT ring.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Kobe looked tired because Phoenix swarmed all over him...

about as much shutting down as you are going to do to him...

the rest did all they could...Smush and Odom...

the Lakers looked like a team today...

just not one that's as good as the Suns...

but...one that's not far...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        Kobe looked tired because Phoenix swarmed all over him...

about as much shutting down as you are going to do to him...

the rest did all they could...Smush and Odom...

the Lakers looked like a team today...

just not one that's as good as the Suns...

but...one that's not far...
        That's the best defense I've seen LA play all year. Actually, it's the best defense I've seen them play in about four years.

I was pretty impressed with it most of the game, besides giving up running towards the spot-up three point shooters early on.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I won't disagree with that...got themselves in a bit of a hole early...nearly pulled it out though...

and certainly...that foul call would have...well...no call...would have helped...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I was pissed when the Grizzlies passed on Odom and took Francis, the little puke.

I think he can be a force.

Look at his defensive plays in the last five minutes.
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

I think Odom is a fantastic player...

I think the perfect guy to be playing alongside Kobe...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I was worried when Kobe was driving and didn't get the call.

It could have changed the game, but Nash would have adjusted, I am sure.

I think Kobe has gotten a few calls in his time
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Kobe gets calls...but not like you'd expect a player of his stature...

that was blatant though...I mean...it should have been called irregardless...as opposed to that shit call in the Nets game...

Comment

• Brett
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The Lakers defense in the second and third quarters was absolutely outstanding, they were all over the shooters, and the Suns didn't hit one three. In the 4th, they just got tired and guys got open looks. That was the game. I am very happy with how the role players made shots today, although they still can't make those big 4th quarter clutch shots that good teams need to be able to do.

Kobe doesn't always get every call, that's not true. Of course he gets his share, but that hit in the face was pretty damn obvious, he had on a knot on his head, and I'm not one to cry about calls. But come on with that one.

Comment

• Brett
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Odom is finally getting he triangle, which is great to see. I wouldn't trade him now for sure, he and Kobe are finally developing that relationship that can carry them to the next level. And Kwame Brown is doing enough inside to make teams guard him now. He needs to work on his hands and his ability to finish after he's hit. Shaq always had incredible hands and could finish when he was hit. Kwame needs to develop that.

We still need another big shooter, and a quick guard who can slow down guys like Nash, Tony Parket, etc.. Smush is a nice player, but he would be much better off the bench. He doesn't hit enough big shots and he gambles too much on D.

This offseason is going to be very important for the Lakers, they brought Phil back for $10 million, Kupchak needs to give him the right tools to win again, but they're getting closer.

Comment

• Brett
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Last thing is Kobe needs to get off earlier, he was too passive in the first half, trying to get everyone involved. And it worked great for those other guys and their confidence, but he just never found his rhythm offensively. Defense was tight on him, but he missed a lot of shots he normally makes.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Sure it looked bad afterward, but the foul on Kobe was not impossible to miss depending on the angle the refs saw it.

Don't worry, he and Jackson made enough of an issue out of it that he will get a gift or two in this series.
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

No way Walton scores like that again.
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

What a guy!!!

Steve Nash says it's way too early to identify which NBA players he'll have in Vancouver for his foundation's charity basketball game at GM Place on July 22, but don't expect a reunion of ex-Grizzlies for nostalgia's sake.

The Phoenix Suns point guard and two-time league MVP said he'd love to have popular Grizzlies stalwart Shareef Abdur-Rahim on hand because he had "such a huge impact in his time there."

As for other former Grizzlies -- Mike Bibby, Othella Harrington, Damon Jones, Stromile Swift, Antonio Daniels -- who are still in the league?

"That's not something we necessarily want to highlight," Nash said on a conference call Thursday to promote the game. "That's something completely secondary to what we're trying to accomplish."

The inaugural Steve Nash Foundation Charity Classic drew 17,000 in Toronto last summer and raised $300,000. Several Raptors participated -- and Nash brought along Phoenix teammates Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson to play in the free-wheeling, fun game -- but Allen Iverson and Amare Stoudemire were among the no-shows after earlier committing to the event.

"It's so far off," Nash said of the game at GM Place. "In NBA life, a week is a long way off. We're just going to count on having enough NBA players to have a game and a great one."

Singers Nelly Furtado and k-os performed at the event last year and Nash said he hopes to have "some great performers" in Vancouver.

A high school star in Victoria before going on to Santa Clara University, Nash said the money raised in Vancouver will stay in B.C. and be administered through grants from his foundation. The foundation's mandate is to help fund capital projects for youth-focused organizations that foster childhood development.

Nash's social conscience is well known. A voracious reader, he once wore an anti-war T-shirt at all-star weekend and is actively involved in directing the foundation, which is run by a childhood friend, Jenny Miller, and his sister, Joann.

"People say he's got a really good heart, but it's also an active heart in that he wants things to be put in motion," said Miller.

In fact, she is off to Asuncion, Paraguay, next week for the inauguration ceremony at a hospital for the poor of a new post-operative pediatric cardiology ward initiated and funded by Nash.

It came about after a medical student friend of his wife Alejandra, a native of Paraguay, relayed a story about the lack of incubators for ill babies. Nash's twin daughters spent some time in neonatal intensive care, so it hit close to home.

Nash says his parents' caring and generous ways growing up rubbed off on him. And he has no problem sharing some of the wealth he's accumulated from his $66-million US, six-year contract and some prudent investments.

"There's a natural interest in the world, a natural eye for inequality in the world," he says. "There's probably a lot of things that lead to feeling inclined to create a foundation and be involved in the community."

Meanwhile, Nash, who was named the ninth best point guard all-time in a poll this week by ESPN.com basketball analysts, returns to the court Friday night (7:30 p.m., Sportsnet) as the Suns and Los Angeles Clippers play Game 3 of their best-of-seven Western Conference semifinal. The series is tied 1-1.

- Nash said he's invited his former elementary and high school coaches from Victoria to coach the teams in the Charity Classic. He also said he's "extremely flattered" by talk in Victoria of erecting a statue or naming a street after him. "It's tough to come to terms with. I still feel I'm just a normal person."

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

He's not the ninth best point guard of all time...that's fucking ridiculous...

you should get MVP awards because your are top 10 all time...

not get put in the top 10 because you win MVP awards...

fact is...he's winning MVP's because he's a short white dude...

Comment

Working...