• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Mannix
    Groupie
    • Oct 2004

Re: Re: Releasing your inner GRRL!

Originally posted by Brett
    Most women are fucking idiots about sports, and you certainly don't help to dispell that stereotype.

What you choose to ignore is that you seem to get into these lame ass pissfests with every guy who dares to question your stupid or factually erroneous comments. The only person here with a gender chip on their shoulder is you.

The Man has built a case here? huh! LOL

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: Colin discusses Kobe's legacy

Originally posted by Switch84
      LMAO, my point is that regardless of how much one brags about knowing it all, YOU DON'T!
      I don't know it all, but I've forgotten more about the NBA than you'll ever know...that much I know is fact.

As far as Kobe, I really don't care about anyone's opinion about the guy as a person. As long as the Lakers win, that's what I care about. Let people who have nothing better to do than to judge others worry about his morality. I simply don't give a fuck.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Kobe is a fucking machine, cold-blooded killer.

Can't believe how he can shoot this year.

Ridiculous
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Warham pointed out This Article on ESPN chronicling who should be the MVP...

and there is a good case made...

Anyone who saw the game a Sunday or 2 ago..saw Billups eat alive Steve Nash...

and I DID think that it said a lot about Billups...and not a bunch about Nash...although I said something completely different to War...

There is a GOOD case in the Kobe camp that he should be the MVP...

we shall see though...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Besides...it makes LeBron look like a killer...

and allows everyone to take a REAL look at the Cavs as a team...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Here's a great quote from the article...that has Lebron at #2...

There's a perfect example that Hollinger wrote about on Sunday, but screw it, I'm retelling the story. On Saturday afternoon, I TiVo'ed the Nets-Cavs game because the Nets had won 14 straight and officially reached "record all our games" territory. LeBron completely took over the game in the fourth, capped off by one of the most startling plays I have ever seen: Trailing in the final two minutes, LeBron seized some open space in transition and pulled the Runaway Freight Train move, careening toward the basket as one Net reached in and hacked him, followed by another Net on the other side reaching in and fouling him, and then a third guy just to make sure he wouldn't score. LeBron was cradling the ball, taking two giant steps toward the basket and absorbing those karate chops. BOOM-BOOM-BOOM. Any normal human being would have either lost the ball or lost their balance and tumbled to the ground.

Well, LeBron kept going -- almost like a tight end bouncing off three safeties in the open field. As the last guy walloped him, LeBron jumped in the air (where did he get the strength?!?!?), regained control of the ball, hung in the air, hung in the air for another split-second, gathered the ball (at this point, he was drifting under the right side of the rim), and finally unleashed a righty layup that banked in. The shot was so BLEEPING INCREDIBLE, the referee practically jumped in delight as he called the continuation foul. The Nets were done after that. He ripped their hearts out, MJ-style. Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. I couldn't believe it. I still can't believe it.

And he's 21. Even more unbelievable.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I saw that play, and the rest of the game.

What is amazing about Lebron that you cannot say about any other player, is that he is physically, a world away from everyone else.

Reminds you of MJ in an era when that shouldn't be possible, but somehow it is.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Brett
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yeah that's what makes Kobe's game more amazing, is that he is not physically imposing. He's just better than everyone else.

It was an interesting read, and an interesting take on Kobe's season...nice to see someone in his corner in the media.

It is a good point because 10 years from now people will still talk about the night Kobe scored 81 points.

BTW, he became the Lakers single-season scoring leader tonight, which is impressive when you think of the players that have played for the Lakers....Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Worthy, Magic, blah blah blah.

However, with all that said, Lebron is an amazing player and will get an MVP at some point, he's too good not to. I just think Kobe's had the far more memorable season, and the Lakers are playing well.
                  Last edited by Brett; 04-15-2006, 01:47 AM.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

...and he's not a Kobe fan...

No doubt impressive...but of course...all those guys you listed...had a bit more help than Kobe does...

seems like this Garnett thing won't go away...

Garnett makes them immediate contenders...IF...they are able to grab some cheap GOOD free agents...

cuz you'd have to imagine that a deal that gets Garnett will rape them a bit at big man...and their bench...just to get #'s that match...

I just can't imagine Minnesota dealing Garnett though...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

And Brett...looking at the difference between Kobe and Lebron...

Kobe doesn't have to be physically imposing...as you said...because of his outside game...

Lebron's outside game isn't there yet...although better than most realize if you look at his 3 stats and %...but still...you lay off Lebron...

so...IMO...offensively...either one...Kobe or James isn't that far ahead of the other...

What Kobe can do on the outside...Lebron more than makes up for with his post up game...

but there IS a difference on the defensive end...although that will improve with time as well...

Lebron will win an MVP sooner than later if he stays healthy...

the question is...will he win a title...

and I agree with the Z piece in that...he's a good big man...but doesn't fit the picture that I think the Cavs have in a big man...they need someone much more versatile...and able to move up and down the court without looking like he's giving birth with every step...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Brett
                        Yeah that's what makes Kobe's game more amazing, is that he is not physically imposing. He's just better than everyone else.

Maybe, but he doesn't play well in a team environment, which is everything.

You could say, Well, Flamma, who does he have?

Look at what Nash has done with virtually an entire new team. Tell me that isn't miraculous. Face it, Nash has his weaknesses, but he wins and makes teamates look better than they are.

Kobe makes others look ordinary, not because he is so talented, but because his ego won't allow him to share.

You need some of that, which thankfully Lebron is showing more of down the stretch, but Kobe needs to make others better.

I dunno, MVP? Such vague criteria. Kobe, most talent, but he won't win another championship even if he averages 40 a night.
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Brett
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The Suns aren't playing that well actually, and they certainly are not better than last year. And Shawn Marion has had a career year.

The Lakers have had a FAR better year than the Suns have had, when you compare where the Lakers were this year and last. And the fact that players like Lamar Odom are going for triple doubles nightly now, Kwame Brown actually looks like a legitimate player inside do show that Kobe's influence is rubbing off. And if you want to deny that, then I just think you're unwilling to admit the obvious. He is making them better and making the Lakers better. Don't tell me Phoenix is excited about playing the Lakers in the first round...they're not.

Kobe can win another title here, and the Lakers are a star away from contending, so you're wrong on that end. They're not as far as off as people think, and they're peaking right now.

And Lebron is not even close to Kobe on defense, and I'm sorry, Kobe commits to 48 minutes on both ends, there is not ANOTHER player in the league that can score 50 and then go and guard the other team's best player. Kobe does that almost nightly.

Kobe can score from ANYWHERE on the court, Lebron cannot yet. Kobe can post up, and a large part of his game is posting up small guards and taking them baseline...come on now.
                          Last edited by Brett; 04-15-2006, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

I don't agree with all your saying...

my guess...is Brett's about to post something about how Kobe DOES make players around him better...

and it's truthfully...somewhere in the middle of what both of you are saying...

Kobe does win an awful lot of games on his own...and IMO, that's a good and a bad thing. Thing is, right now...minus Odom...they have nothing worth a damn on that team TO pass too...so you can't blame him for that.

Nash certainly makes that team a playoff team...and moreso...makes them a contender for the title...

but he did look like a bitch against Detroit...and someone just held him SCORELESS in a game...

I think Nash will win it...he's the trendy pick...and whenever a white guy rolls a team up...you get noticed...a bit more...

I'm still now 100% sure which one of 4 or 5 players I'm going to pick...

I think Kobe wins them 25...

I think Lebron wins THEM 25...

how many does Nash win them?

hard to say...Amare's out...but you could make a case that Shawn Marion, in taking over for Amare...has just as much right to the award...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I would give the Zen-master some credit for Brown's effort as well as Odom, who I have actually liked as a player, although he has underachieved.

I think their success is in spite of Kobe.

You are right about his defensive prowess...most impressive.

Marion would not have his numbers without Nash, c'mon that is just obvious.

I guarantee you Odom would be having a career year if he was playing with Nash.

No way LA beats Phoenix.
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Brett
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I think Nash was the trendy pick last year, frankly I think he was a better player last year, despite the fact his scoring is up this season, obviously because of Stoudemire's absence. His assists are down.

I also don't think the defensive thing is an issue for the MVP, because Nash is a non-existent defender, so I don't think that aspect will hurt Lebron.

Comment

Working...